Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Born Simple

Did anyone else notice the name of the Gillingham fan in last nights programme. Bjorn Simpole- if ever there was a case for changing your name through deed pole, here it is. With a name like that I assumed he must be an Ipswich fan.

Is that true or are you yanking our chain?!!? That''s so funny tho!

To chip in a goodun, I genuinely used to work with a lady called Anca Schipp.

Also, when I was at school, we had a separate building for Art & Woodwork. The Art teacher was Mr Cox, and the Woodwork teacher was Mr Balls. Much teenage toilet level hilarity ensued. There was also a nasty rumour that Mr Balls wife was called Ophelia.

You could''nt make it up - and I promise that I haven''t.

Anyone else come across any great names?

Mr R Sitch is actually in the Norwich Phone Book. Have a look.

Also I went to school with a lad called Wayne Kerr...... and he was!!!!

Back in the 70''s Dr Death was the nickame of the bloke that used to push the sweet trolley around the perimeter at half time at Carrow Road.

At that time, I used to watch from the front of the South Stand with a load of other kids (this is before it was seats) right on the halfway line - and I always stopped him to buy my packet of "Munchies" which were sort of a square Rolo with biscuit in them - lovely jubbly! Don''t see them anymore - probably gone to the sweet shop in the sky with "Spangles" which were another of my faves.

Years ago, too many to mention for my own comfort, three doors down from me lived an old spinster and her name was Miss Balls. I kidd you not, her first name was Pheelia!.

Blimey Wiz! Are you sure she was spinster? If you see my earlier post she was married to my old woodwork teacher!

Ever wondered what would have happened if 60''s MasterChef Fanny Craddock had married FIFA representative Sepp Blatter rather than ''her Jonny''?

Oh, what wonderful memories you''ve envoked for me NMTD, who knows, we may have even stuck our tongue''s out at each other!. Are you sure you can''nt buy munchies anymore?, although I always used to buy Rolo''s back then, and ''Its now or never'' by Elvis was always playing on the Loudspeakers, happy Days eh?.

A bit off topic, but www.aquarterof.com provide all sorts of oldie worldie sweets (and no, they''re nothing to do with me!)

The Man... Where? Where? Tell me where I can get the "Munchies"?!!!

Are they still really outstanding or have they gone the way of "Wagon Wheels"? I ask you - have you seen a wagon lately with wheels the size of a 10p. In my day (here we go!) Wagon Wheels were the size of a dinner plate - and a BIG one at that. Although I must say the new jammy ones are rather good.

Wiz... I think we are roughly of the same era, but were you a SouthStander back then? I first started going in 71 - just after decimalisation - I think programmes - the black and white ones with the yellow band across the top were 5p back then. I don''t know how much the entry fee was - as I was only 7 - my brother used to pay for me!

Make sure you keep an eye on the "PinkUn Party" thread and if you can make it, come along and we can discuss the old halftime scoreboard, Graham Paddon, David Cross, Jimmy Bone etc.

Its 100% kosher NMTD. this has been a great thread has''nt it. Mind you one I''m not sure about is theRussian wrestler: Ivan Terab***ockoff, but it made me laugh!.

NMTD. All you need to do is get yourself down to your local Londis (or relevant sweetie vendor), have a good peruse of the sweets on offer, and you should find your beloved munchies on the second from bottom shelf (dependant on vendor preferance).
Are you aware that they also come in mint flavour? Oh, they''re tremendous. Just like City.

Only just got in so sorry I''m slow to add a name to this thread. I once taught a lad whose name was King, and who went by the first name of Lee! He had a brother, Mark, who was pretty good at footy too!

just as you can discern the age of a tree by the diameter of its rings, i am sure you can tell the age of a person by their imagined diameters of a wagon wheel. my grandad used to claim they were comparable to the rings of saturn in his day.