Sign in to follow this  
mbncfc

Will Colin get another job?

Neil Warnock, bless him, left Sheffield United today following their relegation.

It seems part of his decision revolved around his new contract ''only'' being worth £450k.

Listening to him, he seems pretty confident of picking up a job at a club which is pushing for the Premiership, if not their already.

However, unlike Paul Jewell managing a semblance of success, surely most people will consider Colin failed and rather look to up and coming managers than him.

Hypothetically, who would you prefer to walk into your managerless club - Colin, Paul Jewell or Darren Ferguson?

We may never see him again (although we''ll probably still hear him)...

I''d have CW at Norwich tomorrow given the chance. Love him or hate him no one can dispute his passion and commitment both of which he manages to instil in his players. I like his "never say die" attitude, the fact that his teams always have strong, hard and ugly defenders and his irreverend opinions of the FA, Sir Alex "Norwich only a small club" sneering Ferguson and the like. Mind you, I think that Grant has similar qualities and I''m quietly optimistic that he will build Norwich into a tough to beat team (finally) but one with some flare in midfield and a real cutting edge up front.

Colin ****** is an anagram of Neil Warnock.

The deleted word is rude and appropriate.

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]why are you calling him ''colin'' i dont get it
[/quote]

Its an anogram of his name. Using "Colin" just leaves the remaining initials (in no particular order)

A.

N.

K.

E.

R.

and... erm

W.

Colin or Neil or whoever,

He''s an absolutely pain-in-the-bum-forever-bleating-so-and-so, but I would have him at Norwich ahead of most you would care to mention..

I couldn''t take having Colin as our manager, his nickname is far too accurate! On the other hand, I''ve always rated Jewell as a manager. Even in strict footballing terms I would take him over Warnock any day of the week.  

I find it really interesting how many people would want them at their club.

I understand his profile and management skills would appeal, but he failed in the Premiership - and arguably did so form a pretty strong position.

Anyways... he seems pretty confident which is probably all that matters:

Warnock said: "I know there will be a lot of fans who would love Neil Warnock as their club''s next boss."

You''ve got to love him... [:P]

hardly say hes now a failure. hes got one of the best promotion records in the leagues.You may hate the bloke but hes one of the most passionate managers about. why do people hate ferguson and mourinho/ the same reason they hate warnock, and no im not comparing warnock to fergie talent wise just passion wise!

is aidy boothroyd now a failure?

so hes a bad manager because he signed akinbye?

didnt alex ferguson sign any duffers? danny wallace, jordi cruyff

mouriniho? shevchenko, kalou etc

[quote user="Millo"]

hardly say hes now a failure. hes got one of the best promotion records in the leagues.You may hate the bloke but hes one of the most passionate managers about. why do people hate ferguson and mourinho/ the same reason they hate warnock, and no im not comparing warnock to fergie talent wise just passion wise!

is aidy boothroyd now a failure?

[/quote]

he also has one of the worst relegation records.. Oldham, Notts county and Sheffield united

jas :)

[quote user="Millo"]

so hes a bad manager because he signed akinbye?

didnt alex ferguson sign any duffers? danny wallace, jordi cruyff

mouriniho? shevchenko, kalou etc

[/quote]

.................. Veron ?!

jas the barclay king

the 3 examples of notts county, sheff utd and oldham, just how much money did he spend at those giant clubs?

dont get the criticism of neil warnock.

warnocks a good boss and proved that

promoted with plymouth, huddersfield, nottts  co, sheff utd, bury, to name the ones im aware of.

took sheff utd to 2 fa cup semi and 1 league cup semi.

sir fergie once signed veron for 30m is he a crap manager? warnock spends 1.2 on adie so hes crap!

gordon strachan got coventry relegated then got southampton to the cup final and won titles at celtic, but warnock got relegated with notts co and sheff utd so hes crap!

dont think getting relegated with crap clubs makes you a bad boss.

has every succesfull manager never signed a bad player?

has every decent manager never been sacked or relegated?

NO!

even jose mourinho was sacked by benfica.

I would not have "Colin" if he begged he is a 2 bit gobby Hoof Ball merchant whos ego is 10 time bigger than his ability, the guy is rude, irrational, arrogant and if you look at his history he hasnt exactly got a great transfer record.  If we had to change for anyone then Chis Coleman fits the bill.

Oh and for my 2pennys worth Unsworth seems an ideal Dublin replacement....