Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

KEOWN ?

I have today been speaking with a friend by the name of terry robertson now he played for QPR & MILLWALL in the mind 80''s and is a close friend of tony adams, in the conversation it was mentioned that martin keown could very well be coming to carrow road in the summer! could there be a ex gunners reunion on the cards with the possibility of petit ?

please no,both are passed it would command high wages out of our league.we could do better

i might get a slating for this but i wouldnt mind him here.he has experiance-a good strong defender and knows about the game-could be a huge asset to keep us up next season.

Couldn''t agree more. Keown if affordable would be a great asset. Blimey, where do we have extensive premiership experience, championship league and internationals in the squad at present. I would say that he still has the sterngth and speed to do a good job. Think of the influence he would have on the younger players.Assumes the motivation is still there and not an easy retitrement.And a face ugly enough to scare anyone.

I think Keown is past his best, he seems to be out of position a lot and has turned into a thug, if he can''t tackle a player he takes them out. He gives away so many fouls.

Surely a joke mate! We need young central half more than a old warhorse liked Martin!

As he''d be coming on a free, would they chuck in a zimmer frame too?? What would be the difference between playing Keown on god knows how many thousand a week, and playing Malky? I''d rather see a younger defender come in (Huth). I know Chelsea rate him, but I garauntee they will buy a quality defender in the summer, pushing Huth further down the pecking order.

if he came free played for free and did everything free who would care?