Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

still no Contract for Martin

Dither, dither, dither...

How much longer are we going to take...

The big boys will soon take notice and we will lose him for next to nothing. it cant be that difficult to get him and his parents in an empty office at Carrow Road and get him to write his name on a bit of paper can it?

come on Grant and the board! pull ur fingers out!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Dither, dither, dither...

How much longer are we going to take...

The big boys will soon take notice and we will lose him for next to nothing. it cant be that difficult to get him and his parents in an empty office at Carrow Road and get him to write his name on a bit of paper can it?

come on Grant and the board! pull ur fingers out!

jas :)

[/quote]How do you know what is going on they could be talking now for all we know, unless of course your privy to something we don''t know

I would be surprised if he is offered a contract. And because he is on YTS he cannot leave without compensation

I''m sure that both Martin and Dion are in contract talks as we speak.

of course the longer negotiations take, the better the package on the table  i presume given  his  spectacular form.   i city boy through and through, he''ll sign, but of course he wants the best price - there''s bound to be other clubs sniffing around for sure, scenting a possible bargain.  serves city right for not putting him on a pro contract sooner, like as soon as he was good enough to warrant a first team place. doh!!!

Martin will be under contract soon so NCPLC can get more for him when they sell him.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"]

Martin will be under contract soon so NCPLC can get more for him when they sell him.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]You should work for The Sun with your ability to put spin on everything. Your parents should be proud

The Lad has played well for a few games, has shown lots of ability, but has done nothing on a consitent level yet.

Loads of young players have burst on to the sceine and faultered ( see Francis Jeffers posts) We need to keep Chris happy at his "Home" club without losing his hunger.

I am concerned that one of the premiership team will gamble on him and leave him to "develope" in the reserves.

If you are reading this Master Martin try googling Kevin Reeves or Justin Fashanu before you make any plans

It''d be nice if a home grown player who supports the club actually stayed here for once, not much loyalty in the game now just money (thats why Hucks should be commended).

Let''s hope we keep Chris Martin because his emergance into the first team has got alot of people talking...We''ve got a gem of a player here and I think it''s exciting stuff, couldn''t of come at a better time.

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"][quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

You should work for The Sun with your ability to put spin on everything. Your parents should be proud
[/quote]I only say it as I see it. Remember NCPLC most used quote "every ones for sale" I dont read the Sun and my parents passed away years ago. If you really what to read spin? read anything the board puts out for us fans. Spin is nothing more than lies with frills, you just have to see past the frills.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"][quote user="Master J-Do Pur"][quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]You should work for The Sun with your ability to put spin on everything. Your parents should be proud[/quote]I only say it as I see it. Remember NCPLC most used quote "every ones for sale" I dont read the Sun and my parents passed away years ago. If you really what to read spin? read anything the board puts out for us fans. Spin is nothing more than lies with frills, you just have to see past the frills.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]Spin  is an angle on the truth, an individual interpretation of the context of the matter at hand. This can be both positive (as the club will naturally put out) and also negative (as seen by some of our favourite posters on here who turn every sentence to their negative advantage)... It is not "lies"...

with a prospect as bright as Martin it does make me wonder why they haven''t agreed a contract yet

smells fishy to me

Hopefully there''s something in the pipeline. Perhaps Martin is stalling - we don''t know. Maybe he''s holding out to see how many goals he can score by the end of the season and hence increase the money he can command. Maybe the club are stalling - again we don''t know. Let''s just hope the situation is under control. Of course I would love to see his contract done and dusted already but sometimes you have to be patient. He has stated he wants to stay at Norwich so I think he will sign - it''s just a matter of time!