Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Competition for the hotel

Bannatynes are set to open a Hotel in Norwich next to Bannatynes Gym, according to the EDP today... it says they will target businessmen/women and are offerign rooms from £20 a night.

now, i remmeber seeing on this site that our rooms at Hotel Carrowfornia, were starting from £22 a night and going up to £45.. when i emailed Neil doncaster about this he said that these preices were infact "incorrect" and that the prices would be £122 per night for the cheapest room!

So the Hotel at Carrow road is pricing itself out of the market... Bannatynes are a well known and established Holiday chain (as indeed are Holiday Inn) but with rooms from £20 a night... if what doncaster said in the email was true, how the hell are the club going to compete?

I still feel the hotel is a white elephant. and with seeing news stories like this about the potential competition it begs the question have the club made the right decision.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Bannatynes are set to open a Hotel in Norwich next to Bannatynes Gym, according to the EDP today... it says they will target businessmen/women and are offerign rooms from £20 a night.

now, i remmeber seeing on this site that our rooms at Hotel Carrowfornia, were starting from £22 a night and going up to £45.. when i emailed Neil doncaster about this he said that these preices were infact "incorrect" and that the prices would be £122 per night for the cheapest room!

So the Hotel at Carrow road is pricing itself out of the market... Bannatynes are a well known and established Holiday chain (as indeed are Holiday Inn) but with rooms from £20 a night... if what doncaster said in the email was true, how the hell are the club going to compete?

I still feel the hotel is a white elephant. and with seeing news stories like this about the potential competition it begs the question have the club made the right decision.

[/quote]

Being a buisnessman myself, i will choose the best hotel for the money, i wouldnt stay in 20 quid a night rooms.

Trust me, people setting there rooms off against tax choose the best quality they can get, not the cheapest.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

£20 a night! obviously a right dive. You get what you pay for jas. Makes you wonder just what kind of "business" they will be catering for.

Is the hotel to be in the ownership of the club or have we offered the hotel site on lease? I didnt think that the club was going to be involved in running the hotel or indeed suffering a loss if was losing money. Does anybody know the arrangement? 

Doncaster does not set the prices he just negotiated a deal with them so we had a lump sum and then a percentage of the profit.

Amazing to think that I put we, when we are actually customers of the club. How many other businesses get loyalty like that? How many others have a forum for discussion?

Think you''ll find it said from £20 per night, in fact their double rooms range from £20 - £80 depending on the quality/comfort/size of room you require.

Can''t see this being any competition for the Premier Travel Inn which is close by to their proposed site and really good value for £45 or our new Holiday Inn whose prices usually start at about £80pn if you book in advance.

The hotel wasn''t built by the club it was an outside company and trust me these people do not go around spending millions on projects like this unless they are certain of thier viability. Seems to me like your looking for problems.

not looking for problems.. just worried incase it goes Pear shaped and the hoteliers pull out.. we are then left with an eyesore we would need to buy back before we could do anything with it.. it would hit the club hard financially...

Have any of the posters ever tried to get a hotel room in Norwich.  Occupancy levels in Norwich are very high.  The hotel will do very very well.  Plus the proximity to Riverside is also a massive bonus and plus.

[quote user="jimmy500"]Have any of the posters ever tried to get a hotel room in Norwich.  Occupancy levels in Norwich are very high.  The hotel will do very very well.  Plus the proximity to Riverside is also a massive bonus and plus.[/quote]

No, I don''t think the Hotel will do very well. Because I didn''t want it, therefore it will fail..........

Quite a number of people will be attracted by the idea of staying in a reasonably priced hotel attached to a football stadium. 

[quote user="the1englishman"] 

Being a buisnessman myself, i will choose the best hotel for the money, i wouldnt stay in 20 quid a night rooms.

Trust me, people setting there rooms off against tax choose the best quality they can get, not the cheapest.

[/quote]Hell, if the company''s paying, £122 isn''t bad.  Walking distance from the city, riverside and the station, ample parking?  I''ve paid £160 quid in London and Aberdeen for Holiday-Inn rooms.OTBC!Chunky

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="jimmy500"]Have any of the posters ever tried to get a hotel room in Norwich.  Occupancy levels in Norwich are very high.  The hotel will do very very well.  Plus the proximity to Riverside is also a massive bonus and plus.[/quote]

No, I don''t think the Hotel will do very well. Because I didn''t want it, therefore it will fail..........

[/quote]

Nice one Mello, argument with reason.  Agree though with everyone else, it does look bloody awful.  I thought they would have at least tried to blend it with the stadium a bit better.

With regards to if the hotel chain pull out, I am sure there are contingencies in place in case this does happen.