Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Lay Off Safri!

first of all we dont know if Safri is tired do we? if, as has been hintted on Radio Norfok, Safs has had a falling out with Peter Grant then Grant, to save Face, is going to make Safri look bad isnt he?

If safri was genuinly tired Grant would of come out and said "youssef took a knock in training and will miss tonights game" or something.

Peter Grant isnt stupid and he knows that if someones peed him off or he could be made to look stupid then he needs to do something about it... and thats to make Safri the Fall guy.

If he came out and said "darren Huckerby is tired" the sun would shine out of Hucks arse with some of you wouldnt it?

a FACT for all of u is that we havent won a ggame under Grant that Safri hasnt played in.. he didint play tonight and we lost... That just goes to show how important he is to the team.

I fully believe he knew he wasnt going to play tonight and that the Doc was going to be in midfield and Let Grant know what he thinks...igf that means he is on his way then fair enough... I would wish Youssef Well.. but, (and i back Grant) Grant needs to take a good look at himself if he is upsetting team Harmony or forcing out the player who has been the catalyst in all the games we have won under Grant.. Youssefs keeping us in this division Granty.. and this is how u repay him.

I hope we all enjoy Carlisle next season.

jas :)

I think Safri is old and ugly enough to come out and explain to the fans that there is something else going on and that it is not tiredness as has been stated not only yesterday in the papers but also again last night on Radio Norfolk and the after match press conference.  If it is tiredness then I am absolutely astounded. Norwich have had two games postponed recently giving the players two lots of two weeks off - yes Safri has had an International but so have hundreds of other players.  There may be something else going on but then it is up to Safri to come out and explain - I know I would. 

It gets increasingly frustrating to see a player of Safri''s quality left out of the squad for reasons other than injury. Come on, as soon as we heard the Saff is "too tired" I''m sure alarm bells started ringing in the heads of fans. Mainly because it hasn''t exactly been a strenuous fixture card lately! So why is he so tired?  I know he has the occasional international duty with Morocco, but last time I checked; Grant you can set a 45 minute per game limit of the internation matches he plays. It''s a rule that many managers don''t tend to use, even though it would solve a lot of problems.

At least with the rest of the squad they stay relatively fit and play! Even if they are tired, most of them keep their mouth''s shut and have the decency to get injured on the pitch [;)]

[quote user="Matt Gunns"]

Is he not "fasting", part of his religion, lent and all that? Not that I am making excuses for him.

[/quote]

I think you mean Ramadan.  If he was fasting for lent that would make him a Christian.

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"][quote user="Matt Gunns"]

Is he not "fasting", part of his religion, lent and all that? Not that I am making excuses for him.

[/quote]

I think you mean Ramadan.  If he was fasting for lent that would make him a Christian.

[/quote]

I''m giving up hope for Lent.

Ramadan has bene and gone.. its in November.

and it wouldnt affect... just as it doesnt affect other Muslim players in the country

jas :)

I was pleased to hear Neil Adams defending Safri last night. It is unusual for a manager to hang a player out to dry in the media like that. For me, it demonstrates Grant''s naivety and inexperience yet again.I don''t doubt for a second that if Safri was absolutely shattered he would still be willing to put in a shift  for Norwich City. It is the manager that has chosen not to play him. Grant''s big mouth has undermined Safri''s commitment, when Youssef has no right of reply.

... even in the games that he does play he only puts in a performance once every 10 games or so tops.  If Granty has hung Youssef out to dry I say good on him, best thing you have done as manager of NCFC Granty!!!