Sign in to follow this  
no1 donny fan

Martin in talks with spurs

Heard from a very reliable source that young Chris Martin has been in talks with spurs this week.It would be just like us to at last have a good prospect come through the academy only to lose him to a much bigger club like spurs.

I think spurs are interested in a couple of the other academy boys who have yet to make a break through,and that has been on going for a couple of months.Both lads have been watched all season 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

it would also be remarkable.. considering the Transfer Window has closed and he cant sign for them!

jas :)

[/quote]

Dont forget Chris Martin is on a 2 year scholarship until the end of June he is not on a professional contract!!!! They may offer him one, but doesn''t mean he has to accept it.  It would in a way serve Norwich right, as they should have offered him one, not kept him on is £50.00 per week scholarship when they recognised his potential.  Don''t forget he is the same age as Michael Spillane and that must pee you off a bit when he can see what he is earning.

If this was true and if Worthington was in charge I wouldn''t blame Martin.

But, if he feels Grant is going to play him he might as well stay and learn his trade.

It also seems that Premiership team can offer regular football albeit reserve games: something in short supply at Norwich.

[quote user="Hump"]I think spurs are interested in a couple of the other academy boys who have yet to make a break through,and that has been on going for a couple of months.Both lads have been watched all season [/quote]

have asked my source if this is the case he said they did look at a couple more of the lads but thats as far as it went they are no longer interested only in the lad martin

Martin isn''t on a pro deal so he can sign for them even if it isn''t the transfer window

This all sounds a bit like moonshine to me but, does martin have the same rights as the pros That is to talk to interested parties from january would appreciate guidance from anyone who knows

[quote user="Dan Grant"]Martin isn''t on a pro deal so he can sign for them even if it isn''t the transfer window[/quote]

Worrying news, let''s hope we get Martin tied up faster than you can say ''Stag Weekend''.

didn''t spurs poach some young QPR geezer for squillions?  if spurs want to chuck £2-3m of their sky cash our way for martin we''d be crazy not to accept.  However, if they should come onto our manor and want him on the cheap, i''d say OY, spurs, NO!

have asked my source if this is the case he said they did look at a couple more of the lads but thats as far as it went they are no longer interested only in the lad martin

What exactly does this oxymoron mean, please?