Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

SERIOUSLY SELL OUR CLUB ON EBAY!!!

For the record, none of this is sarcasm, im being serious.

I saw a post from somewhere at the end of it saying we should have an auction for NCFC, with a reserve of £19million for the debt and a buy it now price around 8mill higher.

This was probably a JOKE.

But, why not?

It might make international news! Therefore attracting lots of visits. It doesnt even have to be purchased through ebay, but it would encourage people to come speak to delia & co.

Personally, i see no way in which this would not benefit us.

Feel free to discuss..

Ebay would love it - their 5% fee would be enoumous - about 1.35 million, seller pays.not sure that I want a drunk student to buy the club either.

hi, it was my posting about ebay.

I did mention as a joke and the BUY-IT-NOW price was higher than you stated.

However this still highlights the fact that Delia has put out her statement so that IF anybody out there is interested they would look at the offer. The statement really seemed like an invitation to anybody with an interest in football and the club.

Can you blame them?

If I was at Norwich with all the news about Prem Sponsorship money, Earnie injured, League Position, Current form etc etc etc... you would want a way of changing the direction of the club.

To be honest I recently also put a posting on here about maybe not keeping my season ticket because my wife and I our expecting our first baby and money is a bit tighter than normal. But If I and many others around me said "nar sod norwich, they''re crap anyway!" then the club would be even more finanally worse off!

Happy days!!!

Cheers All

Yep, that''s a really good idea. If you want to make our club even more of a joke than it already is, go ahead and put it up for sale on Ebay. Luckily, this is never going to happen. In response to other posters, the reason why Souness is interested in Wolves and would never be interested in NCFC is obviously because Wolves offers much greater crowd pulling potentail and is therefore a much more viable commercial proposition. Say what you like about Delia, much of it ill-informed and completely crass, but she was/is a true supporter who put her money where her mouth was not for monetary gain but to help the club out at a time when it was in serious financial trouble. She may have made subsequent errors of judgement such as the board appointments and being too easily influenced by Directors offering poor advice but her loyalty and commitment to the club cannot be questioned.

All im saying is, you dont even have to sell it through ebay. You could just use it for publicity.

[quote user="hogesar"]

For the record, none of this is sarcasm, im being serious.

I saw a post from somewhere at the end of it saying we should have an auction for NCFC, with a reserve of £19million for the debt and a buy it now price around 8mill higher.

This was probably a JOKE.

But, why not?

It might make international news! Therefore attracting lots of visits. It doesnt even have to be purchased through ebay, but it would encourage people to come speak to delia & co.

Personally, i see no way in which this would not benefit us.

Feel free to discuss..

[/quote]Id love to see what the sellers fees were for selling a club at a 20 million profit! its about £5 if u make £40!

jas :)

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]agreed her loyalty can not be questioned, just her ability to run a football club..............
[/quote]

So there''s room on the board for people with loyalty and commitment ronbol? and their investment welcome too? Just maybe not in positions where they make executive decisions??

From http://www.football365.com/mediawatch

"While altering things on Wikipedia has become the new ''put a player you don''t want at your club on ebay'' - that is to say, not very funny"

... or particularly original.

Norwich, along with every other club and every othre player, probably gets listed 100 a week by these "comedians", and they are taken down and their listing fee pocketed by very happy ebay.

[quote user="ob1"]

"While altering things on Wikipedia has become the new ''put a player you don''t want at your club on ebay'' - that is to say, not very funny"

Norwich, along with every other club and every othre player, probably gets listed 100 a week by these "comedians", and they are taken down and their listing fee pocketed by very happy ebay.

[/quote]

ud be suprised ob1. having dealt with Ebays customer Services regarding a "shill bidder" the words "ditherers" take on a whole new meaning! they make Gary Doherty look quick!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

ud be suprised ob1. having dealt with Ebays customer Services regarding a "shill bidder" the words "ditherers" take on a whole new meaning! they make Gary Doherty look quick!

[/quote]

Actually jas, i beg to differ. NOTHING can make Gary Doherty look quick! :P Hogesar..

[quote user="hogesar"]All im saying is, you dont even have to sell it through ebay. You could just use it for publicity.[/quote]

as it''s not yours to sell that would seem to be a moot point