Sign in to follow this  
Holtys revenge

Doherty out for revenge...

Every time I read Gary Doherty''s drivel about How he''s out for revenge, or How its time the team pulled together for a push up the table my heart sinks, because it inevitably precedes a particularly feeble performance from the Doc in particular and the team in general. I seem to recall a similar piece prior to the Burnley, Stoke and Crystal Palace games, neither of which were memorable for great performances. Why does he persist in making an ar$e of himself by promising performances he doesn''t deliver??Zip it! [:#]

That was my thought when I read it. Wasn''t this the same before the Ipswich game too?? I think he should stop saying things like this and let his performances on the pitch do the talking. Yes we want confident players but unless words are backed up with actions, they''re ten a penny!

Everytime doherty does this we lose! The guy needs to start doing his talking on the pitch. Same goes for a lot of our team, but Doherty seems to get away with so much more than other players.

All the players do it, not just The Doc! I would imagine it''s part oif their contract and I would imagine the statements are in answer to loaded questions they are asked by the press.

Is this the week that The Doc takes on the mantle of  Most Criticised Player on this board, following in the footsteps of Andy Hughes and Carl Robinson!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Is this the week that The Doc takes on the mantle of  Most Criticised Player on this board, following in the footsteps of Andy Hughes and Carl Robinson!

[/quote]

funny that - them being the 3 worst regulars at the club. (Actually Etuhu if he didnt have a couple of good games at the start of the season) would probably rank worse.  You just can''t help thinking there is some talent in Etuhu mind. Not that we ever see it.[N]

note I am not counting the waste of space that is Thorne and ''Phat'' boy McVeigh.

Guys I think the most worrying thing is Peter Grant seems have BIG CONFIDENCE to our number 27, and the Stoke City away match for me was definitely SHOCKING, because I really cannot believe that Peter Grant can have faith for a center half to play in a defensive midfielder role....

Well what was I saying earlier? I hate being proved right like this.............Next week we''ll have Etuhu promising us he''s going to score 15 goals by easter, or Drury promising to get a tackle in before the end of the season!

Nick I just logged on to say exactly this point, however you beat me to it, incessantly he comes out with this garbage, who does he think he''s geeing up, possibly himself but then there is no evidence for it.  Good job he''ll be gone by the end of this season nd he can take his comments further down the league. 

Doherty was bloody hopeless today, and should also be hounded out of this club. Every time he went for a challenge he had his arms all over the Plymouth guys, so much so it makes you wonder if there''s something he wants to tell us...

Shambolic player. Player of the season last year, my arse. We need a new team, and now.

Next week, some overpaid t0ZZer, will try and tell us they realise the seriousness of the situation, and Burnley are  going to suffer the backlash. Its been the pattern now for three years, it isnt going to change now.

NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT.  

Gary Doherty is a joke. Dion needs to be captain and centre back to get some order in our shoddy defence. He concedes too many free-kicks on the edge of the area, poor distribution, poor communication, poor leadership, poor at attacking corners. He used to be a striker? Mackay would have buried two chances he had today. Terrible.

Spot on!! I think the only reason Grant is still playing him and his mates Shackell and Gallacher is because he has no one else.If he doesn''t get anyone in before the window shuts we are in serious trouble. This moron has cost us so many goals it unreal. With two decent centre halves we would have another 12 points no problem. These two are a liablility at this level, even last week they were all over the place for 20 mins. Shackell had a complete mare against bad conference players.Keep the faith with PG he knows these two are no good he just has no one else.

Why does Grant have such faith in the Doc? Surely it is obvious that he is not up to the task and with Flem likely to leave he is our only option alongside Shackell unless Dublin is moved back into defence which Grant is reluctant to do. We desperately need to buy another centre back - it doesn''t take much to see that!

Perhaps no surprise when I see that Doherty had a previous match war-cry. It has been noted before that when he has something to say on the Friday it all goes t*ts-up on the Saturday. Plea to any hacks viewing - ignore anything he has to say, or else when he does have a go, get your mortgage on the opposition. It smacks of Flintoffs and Fletchers complete inability to comprehend the scale of the situation and the embarrassment they are. Sunday Div 3B players would be dissapointed at hoofing it off into the nearest river like he did against Tamworth, but Doherty trotted back into his position thinking he''d done a good job. Utter disgrace.

Today I hear he dived in to give away one of the free-kicks which our equally inadequate keeper failed to deal with. Quelle surprise!

It may seem I''m singling him out, but then I am. We have to start somewhere.

Doherty out for revenge

What a joke, he ballsed it up again!!

It drives me to the point of  despair when we week in-week out, hear some player make some useless bloody comment in the paper before the match how we''re "gonna do this" or that, and then it all goes tragically tits-up as is the usual case.

Doherty (with about 7 others) was the catalyst for this disgraceful performance with his regular "giveaway "of a needless free kick leading to another City disaster-classs performance.

He never seems to learn about his pointless challenges and constant grabbing-hold of opponents leading to many free kicks just outside the box.