Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Pleeassseeee

Safri Given Man of the match, an influential game I agree, but failing on three ocassions to beat the first defender in set piece situation. Losing the ball numerous times in the midfield some in very awkward situations, - thankful to Shackel on one ocassion I can recall.- sorry this sounds negative but I thought he''s passing was good.The point I''m trying to make is;

Can somebody tell me 2 things that Dublin did wrong today? I can remeber him miss controlling one ball Full stop.

He was Man of the match by a mile, from Shackell IMO

I had it the other way around - shacks first.  Safri did ok but no more;  another match sponsor trying to make a point methinks.

I believe the MoM award was a transparently political one, and quite right too...... I''d have given it to him just to poke the sweaty sock in the eye. He is lining up a team of Scottish cloggers, we''ll be like Bury were a few seasons ago. If thats what you want then fine, you pay your money along with the other 14,000 blind faithful that will turn up each week, if not then get a little savvy with the politics and fight for football at Carrow Road. Something we''ve rarely seen for 10 years..... more

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Safri Given Man of the match, an influential game I agree, but failing on three ocassions to beat the first defender in set piece situation. Losing the ball numerous times in the midfield some in very awkward situations, - thankful to Shackel on one ocassion I can recall.- sorry this sounds negative but I thought he''s passing was good.The point I''m trying to make is;

Can somebody tell me 2 things that Dublin did wrong today? I can remeber him miss controlling one ball Full stop.

[/quote]this shows what you know about football, not as much as the match sponsors!safri was man of the match by a country mile, crunching tackles - closing down and passing with the outside of his boot to release hux was superb.............

Dublin was awesome and definitely MOM for me.

Safri made a difference and we won, which only seems to happen when he plays. He made mistakes but the midfield was better for him being there and the whole team seem to play with more confidence. The back four contributed to the improvement, both Shackell and Doherty would have had MOM claims on another day. They held the defensive line further up the field today which meant Safri wasn''t so deep. I thought he tired during the second half and I just hope he stays fit and can keep his place in the side.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

this shows what you know about football, not as much as the match sponsors!
safri was man of the match by a country mile, crunching tackles - closing down and passing with the outside of his boot to release hux was superb.............
[/quote] I agree 100%  Ronbol, Safri made the difference today without a doubt.

MOTM is just chosen by the match sponsors - we sponsored the Brighton vs Norwich game a few years ago (we won 2-0) and were instructed that it had to be a Brighton player - they were crap so we let a couple of the girls from the office chose Brooker because he had the nicest legs!  Quite often the sponsors will pick a big name (Hux, Earnie) because you get to meet them afterwards and have your picture taken with them.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]this shows what you know about football, not as much as the match sponsors!safri was man of the match by a country mile, crunching tackles - closing down and passing with the outside of his boot to release hux was superb.............[/quote]Yes he played well, but it only stood out so much because of how dire the midfield had been lately.Dublin was yet again MOM for me, does that man ever miss a header?Had Earnshaw not been having a quiet day Dion would have had another couple of assists to add to his deserved goal.

[quote user="Dicky"]MOTM is just chosen by the match sponsors - we sponsored the Brighton vs Norwich game a few years ago (we won 2-0) and were instructed that it had to be a Brighton player - they were crap so we let a couple of the girls from the office chose Brooker because he had the nicest legs!  Quite often the sponsors will pick a big name (Hux, Earnie) because you get to meet them afterwards and have your picture taken with them.[/quote]

Fair comment Dicky I will take the MOTM award with the contempt it deserves then and I hope all our sponsors enjoy there day and return for future visits.

Lets get this straight  ,  posters on here want to give a 38 yr old player  a  MOM   award  ( which he deserved )  ,  yet come on here whinging that, at 30 , Hucks is  " past it "   gimme strength  !

[quote user="sheded"]Lets get this straight  ,  posters on here want to give a 38 yr old player  a  MOM   award  ( which he deserved )  ,  yet come on here whinging that, at 30 , Hucks is  " past it "   gimme strength  ![/quote]

Ones producing the goods to the benefit of the team the other IMO isn''t. It''s only my view just because it isn''t the same as yours doesn''t mean it''s wrong ...... or right for that matter. 

Don''t you mean some posters Sheded. I posted in support of  giving Dion MOM but I did not mention in that post, or indeed any other, that at 30  Hux is past it.

[quote user="Chunky Canary"]Don''t you mean some posters Sheded. I posted in support of  giving Dion MOM but I did not mention in that post, or indeed any other, that at 30  Hux is past it.[/quote]

Of course I meant SOME posters chunky !    after all .... if I meant ALL posters  it would include me too[:D]

EMC wrote.....Chunky, couldn''t it be argued that using the word obfuscate is obfuscation itself?

Don''t think so EMC. The Oxford English Dictionary definition of obfuscate is to make unclear or unintelligible. Now EMC, if you relate that to the message you are referring to you should be able to work it out.