Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Pardew's out....

...not that I care about West Ham, mind. In fact I loathe them - but just 2 weeks ago the guy who took over the club was harping on about keeping AP in charge!! Shows where football is going these days...

My money is on Sven or Curbishley to take over.

one win from six, five losses. goals scored 1, conceded 10. not great. i can see why they want to get someone in for the january transfer window though

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]I know it''s incredibly unlikely, but, what about Pardew coming here as Director of Football?[/quote]

And what''s that you''re smoking ?

all a director of football does is sit in an office Drinking Tea! isnt it interesting that there have been these roles in football for the best part of 15 years and no one has a clue what they do?

its just a cost we dont need.

jas :)

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]Pardew did well at Reading & West Ham, and, couldn''t possibly do a worse job than Brian Hamilton.[/quote]

And what''s that you''re smoking ? ............  obviously not tobacco, opium perhaps ? No way is Pardew coming to Norwich.  

not really sure why people are shocked by this, it seemed obvious.

Also, so much for people using the WHU model for football success, little club with ambition and all that.

Considering the Club doesn''t appear to have scouting system capable of spotting decent players, and, most of the players produced by the academy in the last five years haven''t been up to the required standard - I''m not convinced a Director of Football to oversee the day to day running of the club would be a waste of money.

[quote user="ncfc1"]And to think some people on here thought Worthington was hard done by , shocking decision, promotion , f.a. cup final and european football only to be sacked a few months later.[/quote]

It does seem more than a trifle harsh as I thought he was quite a tasty manager...and did the business for Reading too. Having said that...he dumped on Reading to go to West Ham....so what goes around comes around and all that.

[quote user="Cluck in Boots"]

[quote user="ncfc1"]And to think some people on here thought Worthington was hard done by , shocking decision, promotion , f.a. cup final and european football only to be sacked a few months later.[/quote]

It does seem more than a trifle harsh as I thought he was quite a tasty manager...and did the business for Reading too. Having said that...he dumped on Reading to go to West Ham....so what goes around comes around and all that.

[/quote]

Exactly............live by the sword - die by the sword.

Pardew left Reading because he thought West Ham were a bigger club. The new owners have dumped Pardew because they think there is a better manager available. Just the way it goes in football, Pardew is a decent manager and will get another job without a problem.

Mark .Y.

Pity it didn''t happen sooner as we could have employed Pardew without Grant (as we have a shed load of back-up staff- some have to graze round the bench as it isn''t big enough)-or alternatively could have gotten Grant without paying compensation.

I reckon Curbishley has been lurking like a vulture waiting for Pardew to go...........personally I hope he falls flat on his face and Pardew comes out smelling of roses.........