Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

What is Robinsons Job????

What is he meant to be??????

Is he an attacking midfielder? NO, Is he a Defensive Midfielder? NO, Is he a Passer? NO, Is he a Footballer? NO, Is he a ballerina? Yes

This bloke is such a pile of Cr*p its unbelievable. He jumps around like a ballerina and chickens out of challenges.

I just couldnt believe it to be honest. He must go in January, as manager like grant cannot think he is worth keeping can he?????

If anyone can tell me what he gives to the club please let me know.

Ok Robinson wasn''t very good last night but this post is such a pile of Cr*p it''s unbelievable.

He has played hundreds of games at this level and 29 games for his country to suggest the things you do in this post is crazy. Will it be "Grant Out" if he picks him again? I don''t mean to get "on your case" over this but after listening to fans last night slating Robinson and Hughes with personal insults I couldn''t ignore this post and not put "my 2 cents in".

There''s a problem with our midfield but I don''t believe it''s lack of footballing ability. Both Worthington and Grant have now made comments about how good we are in training compared to the way we perform on matchdays and this could have something to do with the team selection especially in midfield. I can''t understand why our midfield is so poor sometimes and now I just wonder if the players we have just don''t gel in a match situation.

I don''t believe there''s much wrong with the midfield, let''s hope the manager can spot what is wrong, even if it means bringing someone else in,and put it right quickly.

U must need glasses.

Everytime i see him he gets even more cr*ap. He is even worse than Hughes.

He plays for Wales, lets face it if i was Welsh i could get in their team. they have a 40 something goalkeeper, so Robinson can play sh*t and get in.

There are to many journeymen in our team. I still cant believe people are saying our midfield has talent. Croft and Huckerby are the only two. The problem is the centre of the park.

Etuhu frustrates the life out of me. He doesnt run in front of the forwards, only once last night. He is a big bloke and should scare the life out of the centre backs. He scored the goal and then his body language was like my job is done.

Safri has never been 100% fit at this club picking up injury after injury. Its not his fault but at the end of the day, he simply cant stay.

i do agree with the post if not the way its put,robinson is a luxury what does he give us at this level?

as for this notion of looking good in training i can only assume its because we get to play against our defence ,how do you think hucks and earnie would go against our back four?

for me the biggest question is where are the youngsters?with the injuries and lack of form being shown at the moment any kid worth his salt should be putting himself right in the frame,our top assets in this department the jarvis boys and hendo,they have dropped off the radar completely ,this cant be down to the manager ,is our club turning in to a maplins style holidy camp for these guys?

we start too many games like millionairs,where do these guys think all they have to do is turn up?

Robinson is no worse a player than Safri or Etuhu. The sad fact is that none of them are very good. This is why three of them are employed to do the job of two more able players

We are past masters at having players in our side that frusrate the hell out of fans.  I have to say that I would like to play AGAINST Robinson as he certainly gives the impression of being a lazy player with little liking for physical commitment.

On Tuesday night he showed little inclination to cover the ground and was rarely first to the ball when with a little more effort he could have been. That type of play only engenders the opposition to raise their game as they know they will win more of the ball than they are reasonably entitled to. Right now we need to add the desire to scrap and fight for possession to our game.  We all know that at cetrain times we can play any team off the park, but you can''t do that without having the ball. We are not at the top of the division proudly showing off our footballing skills, we are closer to the bottom and that''s where hard graft is also needed - players with lesser ability can influence the result in their favour unless we match them in determination. Once you do that the lesser players lose heart.Unfortunately Robinson does not inspire me in that role and right now inspiration is crucial to us.

NN do u honestly think the midfield could hold its own in the premiership?

Carl Robinson is a joke! his perfromance on tuesday was just the worst of all his games thus far.. and the sad thing is i think he can only get even worse!

he''s 30 and had nearly a dozen clubs, (including loans) of those clubs he has been released on a free by ALL of them! except for sunderland who conned us out of 50''000 pounds.

11 managers cant all be wrong can they?

Id off load him if i was manager but the squad reains too thin.

jas :)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

There''s a problem with our midfield but I don''t believe it''s lack of footballing ability. Both Worthington and Grant have now made comments about how good we are in training compared to the way we perform on matchdays

[/quote]

If you cross-reference this with the thread about "Match Fitness" that Rudolph started, the mystery gets a little clearer. In training, players don''t fly in with tackles at 100mph like they do on match days. Hence ''Fraidy-Cat Robinson looks great when he knows he''s not going to get lumped, but hides when there''s a chance he will.

He does have ability on the ball, but he''s never going to be any use to us if he doesn''t have the bottle, particularly when he plays centre-midfield and needs to be getting stuck in. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

NN do u honestly think the midfield could hold its own in the premiership?

Carl Robinson is a joke! his perfromance on tuesday was just the worst of all his games thus far.. and the sad thing is i think he can only get even worse!

he''s 30 and had nearly a dozen clubs, (including loans) of those clubs he has been released on a free by ALL of them! except for sunderland who conned us out of 50''000 pounds.

11 managers cant all be wrong can they?

Id off load him if i was manager but the squad reains too thin.

jas :)

[/quote]

This post is very unfair, we are only carl robinson''s fourth club the other 8 were all loans so he''s only been released on a free twice.

He is crap though.

Already got ''em GGAC, I got a good deal at spec savers! Where would you fit into the Wales team? Are you a keeper? They got a couple of ''keepers as good as we have, so maybe you should take your gloves to Colney, you could be needed. Or are you gonna keep Craig Bellamy and Ryan Giggs out of the side [;)]

Jas.. wherever in my post did you find the bit about our midfield being good enough for the Premiership???? I think we both agreed that Robinson had a poor game on Tuesday but you should remember that all those managers you mention also saw enough in his game to bring him to their club in the first place.

I agree with a lot of the points made by other posters on this thread, but I still feel we have decent players in our midfield. Think about it.. we got to the playoffs final in 2002 playing basically a 442 with Rivers - Holt - Mulryne - Easton. Then we won this league with a combination of Francis, Holt and Mulryne in the centre midfield places (but never all 3 together). We now seem to try to pack at least 3 central midfielders into our side every game, which means that Robinson or Hughes our invariably playing out of their natural positions. If we reverted to a simple 442 and just played one of Safri/Robinson/Hughes beside Etuhu in the centre with Croft and Huckerby wide would re really get slaughtered every game? Surely this would be as good as the midfields I mentioned from previous seasons?

Oh.. and to my old friend CJF.. has it come to just one word posts now? You used to fill this board with other peoples wisdom! [;)] [8-|]

The closest we have now to Holt/Francis would be Hughes/Etuhu and it may be worth a try. I guess Robinson is the closaest we have to Mulryne.

I know I''m about to get an avalanche of Hughes and Etuhu are the worst players ever rants [li] [um]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I have to agree Nigel, But I do feel the Holt/Francis combo was far better than anything we have now in midfield.  A perfectly balanced midfield pairing.

[/quote]

Yup. Gary bust his balls and Damien scored the goals!! I totally agree with Nutty, why do we need three CMs? Particularly as at least two of them aren''t very good? Holt was never a talented footballer, but he could clearly cope at this level. I''m certain Hughes or Safri could do Holt''s job. And I''m certain that Dickson can do Damien''s job, but hopefully with some hard-*rsed tackling, too.

In answer to the question of the post, if you could have 12 men on a football pitch, Robinson would be a perfect 12th! He can pass, he understands the game and can read it well. But he has no guts, no desire or determination, no pace and not much strength.

Are you welsh by any chance Nigel?

You have picked two players there, giggs who is getting on and Bellamy who cant buy a goal at the moment?

We try and pack three midfielder in there because the manager knows that we are not good enough to have just two.

[quote user="give grant a chance"]

Are you welsh by any chance Nigel?

You have picked two players there, giggs who is getting on and Bellamy who cant buy a goal at the moment?

We try and pack three midfielder in there because the manager knows that we are not good enough to have just two.

[/quote]

Not welsh by any chance!

Are you sure they are not good enough?

Rivers Holt Mulryne Easton

McVeigh Holt Francis Huckerby

Croft Hughes Etuhu Huckerby

Croft Robinson Etuhu Huckerby

Croft Safri Etuhu Huckerby

Which do you think are best?

Absolute load of crap. The fact that Darrel Russell looked more classy than  most of our midfield on Saturday shows just how far Norwich have gone backwards over the last 2 seasons. Robinson looks like a player from the Hamilton era.

robinson is our worst player by far

he offers nothin to our team what so ever, how he plays for wales i''ll never no

how ppl can say safri and ethuhu are not much better is ridicioulos

[quote user="essexcanary"]

he offers nothin to our team what so ever, how he plays for wales i''ll never no

[/quote]

Can''t help but agree. He''s reminiscent of one of those non-descript midfielders who quietly plodded their way for us in the late 90''s and were never fit to wear the shirt. Ged Brannon, Shaun Carey, Peter Grant?!!, Andy Roberts and a few others who were so dull and ineffective that I can''t even remember their names.

[quote user="Canary02"][quote user="essexcanary"]

[/quote]

Can''t help but agree. He''s reminiscent of one of those non-descript midfielders who quietly plodded their way for us in the late 90''s and were never fit to wear the shirt. Ged Brannon, Shaun Carey, Peter Grant?!!, Andy Roberts and a few others who were so dull and ineffective that I can''t even remember their names.

[/quote]

Garry Brady? Uggh.

It''s a good question, and difficult to answer from his performances, or perhaps he has been asked to play in several different roles.What emerges is a midfielder who is not strong in tackling, a fact which has probably cost us goals. He makes short passes, like Mulryne, which do not create very much. He is not exactly mobile, and you cannot imagine him progressing downfield with Dickson, ingterpassing as they move.All in all, a fairly invisible player, and certainly not one who makes himself available for passes by running into spaces.

I think he''s OK, not star quality I agree, & not on form at the

moment, particularly he is being asked to play a wider role than is

natural to him, but OK. But I suppose as Andy Hughes has been pretty

much out of the team for a while now a new target for unconstructive

criticism is necessary. What a shame.