Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Malky for player-coach under Grant? Say yeh!

I''m sure if Delia asked Aidi Boothroyd for a little favour..................

Malky would help solve our central defensive problem  as well - at least for this season.

Also our passion problem.

Say yeh!

OTBC

When I looked earlier in the season Malky had played 3 premiership games for Watford and had been booked in all 3 which is strange as his disciplinary record seemed quite good for us despite his solid presence.

I would like many others like to see him back as a player coach, but he seems to be a first team regular at Watford at the moment so sadly I doubt it.

What is this absurd obsession with Malky Mackay all about? He was at best an average championship defender who was very lucky to play alongside Craig Fleming  at the top of his game. Just because he waved his arms around and shouted alot did`nt compensate for being totally awkward looking and clueless whenever playing against genuine pace. This is why Worthington made one of his better decisions and sold him before the guy was exposed week in and week out in the premiership....see Watford`s defending this season when he has played

[quote user="whoops brigadier"]What is this absurd obsession with Malky Mackay all about? He was at best an average championship defender who was very lucky to play alongside Craig Fleming  at the top of his game. Just because he waved his arms around and shouted alot did`nt compensate for being totally awkward looking and clueless whenever playing against genuine pace. This is why Worthington made one of his better decisions and sold him before the guy was exposed week in and week out in the premiership....see Watford`s defending this season when he has played[/quote]

I can only wish that the Club was blessed with more "average" players like Malky. If we did have it is unlikely that we would have been relegated, or have struggled for the last season and a half. At the very least he was a player who influenced matches. On the other hand, if we did have players with that level of commitment and passion Worthington might still be here!

[quote user="whoops brigadier"]What is this absurd obsession with Malky Mackay all about? He was at best an average championship defender who was very lucky to play alongside Craig Fleming  at the top of his game. Just because he waved his arms around and shouted alot did`nt compensate for being totally awkward looking and clueless whenever playing against genuine pace. This is why Worthington made one of his better decisions and sold him before the guy was exposed week in and week out in the premiership....see Watford`s defending this season when he has played[/quote]

The obsession is that our defense has been TOTAL UTTER SH**** since he was more or less given away at the start of the premiership campaign.  We miss him as a towering defender at the back, his threat in our attacking set peices, leader and motivator on the pitch and major personality the dressing room.

I would love him to come back, but as had been said on here already he has forced his way back into the Watford team.  In the 1 watford game I saw this season he was easily watford''s man of the match and would have been the games if Sorensen had not made some fantastic saves - including an amazing one from a Mackay header at a corner.

Did we not have the best defence in the league before Malky was shipped out? What he lacked in pace for example he made up in passion and leadership qualities, not to mention actually organising the back line. I wouldnt say it was a coincidence that e have been a shambles at times since he left

Just one point, Malky and Peter Grant were never City players at the same time. Grant had left before Mackay signed for us!

They were however at Celtic together for a short time and of course at West Ham.

A Grant/Malky reunion would confirm an old pals act.........

Coupled with Delias blatant obstinance?........great idea.