Sign in to follow this  
Yellow fever

how long do you gve him

i told you all 2 weeks ago but you criticise

grant clearly a useless appointment who will fail

do we learn lessons of worthy - fans must unite versus grant and board early

dont waste more years - we know the board just wants money

BOGO - board out grant out

[quote user="Yellow fever"]see user polls[/quote]Obviously didn''t see/totally ignored the "try to give a fair choice of options". No less than we would expect from you I suppose.

[quote user="Smudger"]I give him no games at all I''m afraid...  I want the board OUT NOW!!![/quote]

I give him at least two seasons.  Do you think Princess Delia will admit to another mistake?

We''ve got him now come what may....and don''t be surprised by a relegation fight because of it.

Yellow fever/Yellow Fever/Yllow Fever - May I be the first to congratulate you. Others sneer at you but to me you are a visionary, a clear thinker and a leader of men (and women). You are indeed a prophet and like Cassandra your phrophecies have gone unheeded, we are not Worthy (pardon the pun). Any chance you can use your undoubted powers to give me the winning lottery numbers for tomorrow, after all it is a triple rollover.

[quote user="Smudger"]I give him no games at all I''m afraid...  I want the board OUT NOW!!![/quote]Another one!I think we have to expect a barrage of slack-jawed sheep-worrying binners.

Why do people even bother to reply to Yellow Fever - Obviously a blue in disguise who is trying at every opportunity to sir up trouble amongst city supporters - stay well clear and do not even bother to entertain his drivel 

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Yellow fever/Yellow Fever/Yllow Fever - May I be the first to congratulate you. Others sneer at you but to me you are a visionary, a clear thinker and a leader of men (and women). You are indeed a prophet and like Cassandra your phrophecies have gone unheeded, we are not Worthy (pardon the pun). Any chance you can use your undoubted powers to give me the winning lottery numbers for tomorrow, after all it is a triple rollover.

[/quote]

If you were ambitious SoB, you''d pick the winning numbers and admit you got the wrong ones last week. And you''d put your house on them. We the fans deserve nothing less! If you get the numbers wrong, you are clearly inept. It''s abvious to everyone else what the numbers are, so come on, do the right thing!

[quote user="Amarillo"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

If you were ambitious SoB, you''d pick the winning numbers and admit you got the wrong ones last week. And you''d put your house on them. We the fans deserve nothing less! If you get the numbers wrong, you are clearly inept. It''s abvious to everyone else what the numbers are, so come on, do the right thing!

[/quote]

Great post Amarillo......you''re really on fire!.........[|-)]

I honestly expect an improvement very quickly, I don''t hold for this 12-18 months stuff. We have a talented first team, I accept that if we have injuries we have problems because the squad is so small but when we put out our first choice eleven I expect us to give any team in this division a bloody good game. The players are simply short of confidence, that can be addressed quickly and I fully expect PG to do so. I certainly don''t expect us to just go out and win every game but I do expect a huge improvement in both the arrangement/tactics of the team and the passion shown by the players.

IMO this season is not a write-off at all, if PG can turn it round and we get lucky with injuries for a while there is no reason why three or four new players coming in January will not give us a real chance of making at least the play-offs. I for one am optimistic.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Smudger"]I give him no games at all I''m afraid...  I want the board OUT NOW!!![/quote]

Why?

Who would you have preferred as manager?

You seem to be a victim of the myth that getting people like Curbishly was a realistic possibility. This was just part of the same delusional thinking put about by some  WO fans, similar to a post on another thread that a cardboard cutout would have been better than Worthington.

This sort of rubbish could plague the new manager.

Cluckin/Amarillo - I must have missed something here,I read the post from Amarillo as a dig at all the "know alls" who post on this forum who purport to know better than the rest of us/the board despite having no experience of running a football club. I did not win the lottery (I tried to be ambitious because old Bill Harzia or whatever his name is let me down by not using his prophetic powers to give me the winning numbers)), I will get my coat before the SOBO campaign gets of the ground.....

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Cluckin/Amarillo - I must have missed something here,I read the post from Amarillo as a dig at all the "know alls" who post on this forum who purport to know better than the rest of us/the board despite having no experience of running a football club. I did not win the lottery (I tried to be ambitious because old Bill Harzia or whatever his name is let me down by not using his prophetic powers to give me the winning numbers)), I will get my coat before the SOBO campaign gets of the ground.....[/quote]

worry u not

wen i am manger i look after you

blimey we''re alreay calling for the new manager to be sacked, you people really are a bunch of miserable moaning gits at times, why dont you at least give someone a chance before you judge them, you actually make me want to go hit something.  you got worthy out and now you want the new manager one already, it''s no wonder we cant attact a big name manager if prats like you call for them to be sacked before they''ve so much as taken charge of a training session

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]

Why?

You seem to be a victim of the myth that getting people like Curbishly was a realistic possibility. This was just part of the same delusional thinking put about by some  WO fans, similar to a post on another thread that a cardboard cutout would have been better than Worthington.

[/quote]

Not at all...  I would never of employed Curbishley 

As I have stated a few times we needed somebody with knowledge of the Championship and Div 1 such as... Cotterill, Newell, Tilson or

Paul Simpson et al

Other than that we needed an Ex City hero of god like status to unite the fans...  Bowen/Crook or even Malky or Iwan involved...

Peter Grant is a nobody and never has been...

Sit back and watch as Delia turns us in to Nott''m Forrest (of this decade that is not of the 70''s clough era... just for you deluded fools that still seem to think that is possible here under the current set-up)

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Middle of the Road"]

Why?

[/quote]

Not at all...  I would never of employed Curbishley 

As I have stated a few times we needed somebody with knowledge of the Championship and Div 1 such as... Cotterill, Newell, Tilson or

Paul Simpson et al

Other than that we needed an Ex City hero of god like status to unite the fans...  Bowen/Crook or even Malky or Iwan involved...

Peter Grant is a nobody and never has been...

Sit back and watch as Delia turns us in to Nott''m Forrest (of this decade that is not of the 70''s clough era... just for you deluded fools that still seem to think that is possible here under the current set-up)

[/quote]

exsactly smudger

they think eveything changed but its the same

but must be positive remember or evryone slag you

so - after we relegated, get rid of board and get decent one

then get promo 2 years in a row and back in premier

ok positive for you

It seems that everybody is slagging everybody off on here for saying what we think.

For the benefit of some posters.......there are a number of us who have seen VERY different days at Carrow Road. We''ve seen great teams and not so great teams.......but come what may we have turned up week after week out of loyalty to the club we love. There was life before Worthington and Delia Smith. We got to Europe....won the League Cup, 3rd. in the Premiership etc. etc. People dismiss Robert Chase''s years at the top and he is pretty much reviled now. At the time though he was a legend.....Sadly in a whiles'' time I can see Delia and Co are likely to be equally disliked.

After a number of years, that club loyalty begins to wane when you are confronted with repeated spin and control by this Board.....telling us part truths and trying to hide reality. It''s not personal.......it''s just genuine fear for the future sstability of Norwich City. This truly is the nearest this club has been to sliding down a league that I can remember. Should that happen....Delia and Co can quickly ''do a bunk'' and sell the restaurant and catering set-up as a going concern. Us?  We''re left with a shattered dream and a team going south.....headed by some poor mug who fancies a crack at being the chairman of a burnt out football club

Be optimistic by all means.....but also be aware that some of have been here before. It''s easy to hide your head in the sand........but don''t throw stones at those who care enough to try to do something about it.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Hahahah!Do you think thats possible anywhere under any setup?If thats what you''re waiting for you''re going to have a long wait.Cloughie was a one off - even Chelsea or Man U haven''t won back to back European titles, it ain''t going to happen again.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Hahahah!
Do you think thats possible anywhere under any setup?
If thats what you''re waiting for you''re going to have a long wait.
Cloughie was a one off - even Chelsea or Man U haven''t won back to back European titles, it ain''t going to happen again.

[/quote]

Dear me Herb........do read the post properly..........

Smudger makes a very worrying comparison and possibility. We are not immune.

In reply to the quesiton of the thread surely it''s subject to how much backing he gets from the board to bring in players he percieves as needed to execute his strategy.  I personally feel the majority of City fans are intelligent enough to know thatthe current squad

1. Needs strengthening

2. May not contain the style of players Grant wants to play in the style he desires

Once he makes states he is satisfied with the squad he has (probably at the start of next season) then it will be fair to look at what his team achieves, anything mid table & higher for this season will be a good foundation to build on.

[quote user="cluckin"]

[/quote]No club is immune from relegation. However, I''m a lot happier with the appointment of Grant than I would have been Robson or Smegson, both of whom have form for it.The bloke hasn''t had a game in charge yet and already people are judging him as if he''s been in charge 2 years.It''s beyond a joke.

In his own mind he will have a idea of what he hopes to do. I reckon that will be trying to reach the play offs this season. Failing that being amongst the top six next season. I''d be happy with that. You can not expect instant success. 

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="cluckin"]

[/quote]

No club is immune from relegation. However, I''m a lot happier with the appointment of Grant than I would have been Robson or Smegson, both of whom have form for it.
The bloke hasn''t had a game in charge yet and already people are judging him as if he''s been in charge 2 years.
It''s beyond a joke.
[/quote]

If you actually read what the fans who are worried are saying Herb then you would realise that it isn''t so much a worry with the capabilities of Grant to manage the club. 

These fans concern is more founded upon the fact that we needed somebody held in higher regard to pacify the fans whose opinions have been very divided in recent years due to the persistent PR stunts that Delia and her board of directors have pulled on a regular basis.

Many of the fans feel lied to and are vey concened that the board will not back Grant or any other manager in the transfer market to anywhere near the extent that they should be. 

This latest move to appoint a new manager that a lot of fans felt did not match up to the standards that the board had told them only a week or so earlier to expect has been the last straw for many fans whose distrust in the current board of directors has grown and grown week in week out over the last 2 years or so.  To many fans recent events have been the straw that has finally boken the camels back (regarding how they view the people who are responsible for running our football club).

The realistic fans amongst us realise that our current squad is no way near good enough to challenge for promotion and that in all likelihood a relegation battle is on the cards...  take Earnie out of the equation once he has moved on to either the Premiership or a team that looks like it can challenge for promotion and you have a team really, really struggling and only heading in one direction.

For me personally...  I can no longer see any difference between the current board of directors and the reviled Mr Chase era.

"These fans concern is more founded upon the fact that we needed somebody held in higher regard to pacify the fans whose opinions have been very divided in recent years due to the persistent PR stunts that Delia and her board of directors have pulled on a regular basis."

Yep, hiring a manager is all about pacifying the fans. Duh.

[quote user="Mook"]

"These fans concern is more founded upon the fact that we needed somebody held in higher regard to pacify the fans whose opinions have been very divided in recent years due to the persistent PR stunts that Delia and her board of directors have pulled on a regular basis."

Yep, hiring a manager is all about pacifying the fans. Duh.

[/quote]

Nothing better for pacifying the fans than our first away win of the season...bring on the scum