Sign in to follow this  
Infamy, Infamy

No need to gloat!

OK. So Mr. Worthington has gone as so many on this board have wanted. Can we please now give the personal abuse and vitriol a rest and get back to being as one in supporting our team and whoever takes over as manager.

Thank you Nigel for what you have achieved for us, and good luck in the future.

Meanwhile I need a new user name[:(]

I agree 100%; lets get on with what we all want, that is making NCFC good again.

For a while, three years, Nige was the answer, and then it all went wrong; sorry it came to this, really I am.Lets not forget the run in to the play off final, or that magestic five months as we swanned into the Premiership, and to paraphrase TMITS, I also danced on the gresty Road pitch, and that is something I will not forget either.

totally agree 100%, but i would like to put the following things forward

there have been some huge divides over the past 12 months or so amongst the fans and now we have to re-unite as one again. However, I''m not totally happy with some of the comments aimed at the WO camp by certain members of this board. I want to let this whole thing drop, but i''m afraid I cant.

The whole notion of ''true fans'' ''loyal supporters'' was totally out of hand, as was some of the PM''s sent to posters I know - whatever happens again in the future i hope those times do not come back - we all have a responsibility to make sure that happens

It will be nice to come on the message boards and have no more WO or KTF debate.  I know there will be other arguments to come, but this has gone on for so long I didn''t really care by the end.

I have followed city since i was 10 (29 years).  And always want the best for ncfc...  I have wanted Nigel away since the premiership season, as he lost the plot and alot of respect after gaining promotion.  I have watched the boards here for a while now and very rarely comment, as there will always be someone who disagrees and arguing amongst ourselves is not a sensibleway to go.  i have to agree though, it is not a time to gloat as nw hasnt intentionally put ncfc in this position.  And i wish him well with his next club...  However i feel he should have maybe admitted that he couldn''t continue sending us downhill and quit, rather than getting sacked and bagging a lump sum!!!!  I feel ALL of us now need to pull together and lift our team and show our Fantastic support.  On the ball city!  come on Curbishly''s green and yellow army???

Oh, I think there IS a need to gloat.

Us Worthy Outers have had to endure months and months of tosh from Blah3 / Dicky / Herb / Ralph Right, etc. It''s good to know that THE Board, Message Boards and the majority of the crowd at Carrow Road today agree with this (overdue) decision to sack Worthington.  

Hey, KTF''s. Still think that he can turn it around, given a few more games? Still think that, because he got us promoted once, he will do it again? Great judgement, guys.

Agree entirely, with a play off final and promotion as champions NW will go down as one of our most successful managers. But thats in the past, we have to put the protest mindset away now, its the start of a new era, bit like the IRA trying to figure out what to do after disarmament and the Good Friday agreement- need to channel all that energy into some positive vibes.  First away win coming up on 14th - see you there folks! 

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

Us Worthy Outers have had to endure months and months of tosh from Blah3 / Dicky / Herb / Ralph Right, etc. It''s good to know that THE Board, Message Boards and the majority of the crowd at Carrow Road today agree with this (overdue) decision to sack Worthington.  

[/quote]Here we go with your KTF/WO nonsense despite there being absolutely no reason for it any more. Let it go mate.Why you keep mentioning me in your diatribes I don''t know, I stopped thinking Worthington was the best option sometime last season and said so on these boards (you can search for the post if you''re sad enough)I also thought he would have been sacked before the start of the season, but since the board stated their support and given his decent start I was willing to play it by ear. As we all know it quickly blew up in Worthingtons face.So I wasn''t WO or KTF, I was simply OTBC and always will be.

[quote user="Yellow fever"]Why shouldn''t we gloat. You would have done if you had won. Now for the board.[/quote]Won what?It''s not a competition.See that just shows where you''re coming from. For most people its about the good of the club.Won! Hah!

Exactly my point earlier!!!! As to why alot of supporters dont even bother posting, because of the opinions of the small minded, belittling others opinions..  I HAVE been supporting the worthy out brigade since our promotion, when worthless said we may go back down but enjoy it while we can...  Not the sort of talk of a good manager getting his team motivated, more a fact of resigning to be relegated again...  But now it IS over.  Its not a case of we won you lost!  That sort of attitude is only worthy of Ips**t  fans or mindless fools (basically the same thing).  Lets now get behind City and get where we belong.... The premiership!  OTBC

[quote user="Yellow fever"]Why shouldn''t we gloat. You would have done if you had won. Now for the board.[/quote]

If I had won what? Surely it is NCFC and all the supporters who stand to win or lose from decisions taken. It does seem that some people are just determined to continue their divisive actions. You feel the need to gloat at me, the board, Worthy? What the hell is that all about?[*-)]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

Here we go with your KTF/WO nonsense despite there being absolutely no reason for it any more. Let it go mate.
Why you keep mentioning me in your diatribes I don''t know, I stopped thinking Worthington was the best option sometime last season and said so on these boards (you can search for the post if you''re sad enough)
I also thought he would have been sacked before the start of the season, but since the board stated their support and given his decent start I was willing to play it by ear. As we all know it quickly blew up in Worthingtons face.

So I wasn''t WO or KTF, I was simply OTBC and always will be.

[/quote]

"I wasn''t KTF...."

My apologies. Your barbed little one-liners, in which you consistently harangued anyone (like me) with an anti-Worthington stance, made me think otherwise. My mistake.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]be quiet, link.[/quote]

Tough. Us WO''s took enough stick from the ''true fans''.  

We were the ones that cared about the club not the KTFs - we are entitled to celebrate and I don''t care if you don''t like it. We won you lost - end of

[quote user="Yellow fever"]We were the ones that cared about the club not the KTFs - we are entitled to celebrate and I don''t care if you don''t like it. We won you lost - end of[/quote]

Grow up for god sake or do you know someone with the money to buy out Delia? How long before you start on the next manager

''Yellow fever'' you are precisly the kind of fan this club does not need, driving everyone apart.Everyone wants the best for this club, yet you only seem to care about your pathetic little WO KTF squabble. How exaclty have you beaten fellow members of your own clubs supporters? We all want Norwich to do well, yet you only care about being right, depite how the clubs doing.

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]

[quote user="Yellow fever"]We were the ones that cared about the club not the KTFs - we are entitled to celebrate and I don''t care if you don''t like it. We won you lost - end of[/quote]

Grow up for god sake or do you know someone with the money to buy out Delia? How long before you start on the next manager

[/quote]

You are just abad loser cos you lost your man! We will start on thenew manager right away if he is a useless appointment that the board got on the cheap. this is just the start - you see!

[quote user="Gamera"]''Yellow fever'' you are precisly the kind of fan this club does not need, driving everyone apart.[/quote]I think I''ve worked something out about yellow fever.The penny has dropped.Every post a negative, often displaying quite bizarre views.He''s not one of us. I think he might be one of the "others" (anyone watch Lost?) :o)

[quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="Whats a right winger"]

[/quote]

You are just abad loser cos you lost your man! We will start on thenew manager right away if he is a useless appointment that the board got on the cheap. this is just the start - you see!

[/quote]

I think i''ve sussed you out, you are a prank aren''t you? for a minute I thought you were a fan of the same team that I am, phew close one.........

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Gamera"]''Yellow fever'' you are precisly the kind of fan this club does not need, driving everyone apart.
[/quote]

I think I''ve worked something out about yellow fever.
The penny has dropped.
Every post a negative, often displaying quite bizarre views.
He''s not one of us. I think he might be one of the "others" (anyone watch Lost?) :o)
[/quote]

I don''t know how you can talk about bizarre views after all the time you spent supporting worthy!

We lost 4-1 today, and I do not see anything to gloat about in that!.

Can we now all knuckle down and support the new man please?, and as long as he''s not appointed from within, I will back him 100% to start with............. we all must.

[quote user="Im not Worthy"]

OK. So Mr. Worthington has gone as so many on this board have wanted. Can we please now give the personal abuse and vitriol a rest and get back to being as one in supporting our team and whoever takes over as manager.

Thank you Nigel for what you have achieved for us, and good luck in the future.

Meanwhile I need a new user name[:(]

[/quote] Agreed. These protests have done more than enough damage to the club. I wanted Worthy replaced but I''m certainly not gloating. I feel deeply saddened at the mess the club is in and feel we have become a laughing stock on national tv today. I lost some respect for Worthy recently but I am upset by the manner in which he was sacked and believe he conducted himself very professionally over the last few days when his job was in the balance. Thanks for the good times Nigel.

The irony is stunning from the very people who were gloating after the first few games of the season.

Im not gloating because I think we have solved none of the problems left by Worthy.

We have a very average squad. We have lost to average teams, very worrying.

I for one am interested to see what Hunter can do as I am sure it will be a game or two before we get a new man.