Sign in to follow this  
Balham Yellow

Oh dear, Plymouth are on a record winless streak......

That''s a good positive attitude...I think I should look up the word supporter in the dictionary again because it doesn''t seem to have the meaning I thought it did!

[quote user="Slim"]

That''s a good positive attitude...I think I should look up the word supporter in the dictionary again because it doesn''t seem to have the meaning I thought it did!

[/quote]

My sentiments exactly, but surely you realise that on here you are not allowed to go anywhere near challenging whether anyone is a supporter, even if they do slag the club off at every opportunity.

[quote user="Slim"]

[/quote]

Norwich do have a time honoured habit of ending runs. It''s a well known thing. It''s not Worthy bashing as it''s happened as long as I remember. Does being a supporter mean you should say nothing other than positives all the time? Why do people keep banging on about defining what a supporter is? Are you more of a supporter because you don''t know about City''s habit of ending losing runs, or are you more of one by being ignorant?

Actually, he has a point. I never like playing teams on a winless streak, we do always seem to make hard work of these situations.

Still, I think we''ll win.

even when we are in good form, i''d probably agree we have made a habit of slipping up against teams on losing runs etc.  in our champs winning season, didn''t bradford spank us at home, having failed to win any games away that season? i seem to recall toffees reject cadamatri  had a hand in it - could be wrong though, 5 mins is a long time ago.in seasons past, we were legendary at raising our game to beat the big boys, but equally guilty of dropping our game to  poorer  opposition.

it is true though. i remember alot of times last season where we just had to be the team to turn around the bad runs. werent we the first team to lose to millwall at their place? the first away win for sheff wed?

its got nothing to do with being negative or not being a supporter by saying this, its just well known really. hopefully it wont continue.

[quote user="Canary02"][quote user="Slim"]

[/quote]

Norwich do have a time honoured habit of ending runs. It''s a well known thing. It''s not Worthy bashing as it''s happened as long as I remember. Does being a supporter mean you should say nothing other than positives all the time? Why do people keep banging on about defining what a supporter is? Are you more of a supporter because you don''t know about City''s habit of ending losing runs, or are you more of one by being ignorant?

[/quote]

I''m not denying the fact that we have a habit, but t seems that a lot of people are always keen to emphasise these fact rather than trying to get behind the team...maybe we can end are own run of ending runs? Does that make sense?

It is one of those unwritten rules (or in fact written - Kevin Baldwin)

I think we''re probably due an away win in the league though, before they''re due one at home...

The one that comes to mind last season was Burnley.  They''d lost something like 7 straight home games, we were going to spank them in the first 20 minutes, then they scored.  2-0 they won in the end, I think...

[quote user="mbncfc"]

I think we''re probably due an away win in the league though, before they''re due one at home...

[/quote]

Indeed we are, and you all know just where it''ll take place

Clue:

Pride of Anglia  (again) 

Never mind they are playing the divisions laughing stock this weekend , easy home win. Come on Plymouth .

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="mbncfc"]

[/quote]

Indeed we are, and you all know just where it''ll take place

Clue:

Pride of Anglia  (again) 

[/quote]

I hope the win comes this Saturday!!

You''ve reminded me of something I was thinking about a day or two ago. Averages. Apart from the odd rediculous run of games (see Man City/Palace) we can''t keep winning at PR can we? (yes is of course the answer, as long as your fingers are crossed) 

I think the sc*m were due a win a CarrowRoad at somepoint (hence last year) but then, we must be due a few wins this year, especially away... (before any backlash begins, I''m not saying this dictates every result. I understand that football is not a game of chance.)

And one last point. Can we act like a group of school kids, enjoying debate and discussion, where one lonesome child keeps trying to join in, but thinks the best way to achieve this is to come up with the same monotonous, point-lacking digs (including a joke similar to one posted a day ago (keep up, and it wasn''t really funny the first time...) that don''t encourage any kind of discussion. And the group just ignores him so he wonders off somewhere else... (I apologise if your unsure who i mean - I know Marty will get me.)

[quote user="NotWorthy"]Never mind they are playing the divisions laughing stock this weekend , easy home win. Come on Plymouth .[/quote]

Well at least there''s one thing right about your post - your username - you really are "Notworthy" of being a Norwich City fan.

[quote user="mbncfc"]

You''ve reminded me of something I was thinking about a day or two ago. Averages. Apart from the odd rediculous run of games (see Man City/Palace) we can''t keep winning at PR can we? (yes is of course the answer, as long as your fingers are crossed) 

I think the sc*m were due a win a CarrowRoad at somepoint (hence last year) but then, we must be due a few wins this year, especially away... (before any backlash begins, I''m not saying this dictates every result. I understand that football is not a game of chance.)

[/quote]

Yep, this has been worrying me too.  Especially as the game this year is two days before my birthday.  I shouldn''t believe in the law of averages, but Portman Road is one of those grounds where I''ve seen us win more than lose.  It can''t go on for ever can it...?