Sign in to follow this  
mbncfc

So what happens on Saturday?...

A question you''re all going to have to ask yourselves...

Are you going to stick together, ignore disagreements in opinion (it''s all it is. we all think we know best), give Carrow Road the atmosphere it has had in the past. Drive the team on and inspire confidence in them.

Or are you going to transmit ill-feeling during the game. Feel that, actually, you might want to express how upset you are at the board & manager and that you still haven''t forgiven them. Would the long-term future of the club be better served by defeat? Will you do this at 0-1, 0-2?

Because judging by this forum, there are many people who are waiting for an opportunity to get back to what they''ve suppressed for the first 5 games.

[b]I''m not making a cooment on free speech. On people''s opinions, or the situation at the club. It''s more an awareness that the feelings on this board, the split in the fans that is still evident, shouldn''t hinder us so early in a season when anything is still possible (maybe the games don''t come quick enough to warrant an internet forum). Home should be a fortress and Palace will have an easier time if the fans aren''t together, or aren''t sure about what they want to happen. [/b]

This part is our responsibility. Shout for a win. 14 points from 8 games would be solid IMHO...

OTBC.

Over to you (should you wish...)   

As posted elsewhere, there''ll be 1500 pissed off Palace fans here on Saturday after their 2-0 home defeat last night.

We hate Palace.  Think back to the outrageous dive that deprived us of two vital points in the Prem season.  35 quid for a restricted view in their crappy stadium. 

It''s payback time.  B***cks to Worthy Out. OTBC

Judging by last night it won''t take much for the fans to turn! At 0-0 we were playing well, the fans were loving it and everything was great! Then they scored and had 5 or 10 mins good pressure and the fans got edgy and negative and the whole atmosphere changed! From 1-1 to 3-1 and the fans were lovin'' it again, it was a joy to be there, team and fans as one like we never saw last season. But as it slipped away and went 3-2 the fans got edgy again. At 3-3 all the good was forgotten, we may as well have lost 3-0 again, and many fans turned on the manager. Much of that could be disappointment, I felt it too, but as I tried to point out in a previous post made late last night when I got back, this must be better than last season and we wouldn''t have to be much better than last season to at least mnake the playoffs. OTBC.

The people who are moaning in here aren''t the type to wave placards around generally.  They''ll say "Worthy Out" on a message board, but if we start playing badly on Saturday they''ll just suffer in silence like the rest of us.  I reckon they''ll have a moan, but they want to see the team win, and will back them on Saturday.

It has to be said though that Palace is not a happy camp at the moment.  I doubt their fans feel very confident of getting a result Saturday.

i for one will be getting behind the team on saturday but if the same old things start to happen again, poor defending stupid substitutions then thats when i get upset. it is the fact that it is a continual chain of events with away games especially that gets me rattled. yes we are playing better at home and seeing good football but we havent really played a team likely to challenge yet and saturday will be the biggest test so far, but it is the same things that are happening over and over away and worthington doesnt appear capable of stopping the rot away from home does he?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

The people who are moaning in here aren''t the type to wave placards around generally.  They''ll say "Worthy Out" on a message board, but if we start playing badly on Saturday they''ll just suffer in silence like the rest of us.  I reckon they''ll have a moan, but they want to see the team win, and will back them on Saturday.

[/quote]

I think you''ve hit the nail on the head, yes some of us were discontented last season but I would have to be seriously upset to attend a protest, which of course I was last season.

In the past 20 years I have usually  just suffered in silence, I always want my team to win and yes will be getting behind them Sat just like I did last night, thats if my voice comes back [:D]

Lets get behind the team and the manager. Lets give players like hughes and henderson (if they are involved ) a raptorous welcome. If they arent being booed, and unapplauded they will feel and play better. Even a song for worthy? (well, i know that aint gonna happen - even if we went up and won the prem next season NW wouldnt be applauded, it would all be down to hunter).

So lets chear them on from the start and get a win were perfectley capable of.

I also hate palace, shitty ground, robbed us of prem survival (bloody johnson).

I Have only been on a coach to norwich games twice, the first to Palace in the promotion year i think. We took hours to get there, we had to go right round the outside of london to get there, we then got lost  in South london and took about 2 hours to do the final 10 miles. To rub it it, someone on the coach needed the toilet when we were supposedly a few miles from the ground, he got off, went to the loo, caught the tube, and got there half an hour before us. Then we lost 2-0, sitting in a shity stand, shackell played left back and kept throwing it out (windy day) and after the game, we sat on the bus for an hour outside selhurst park.

What A crap day.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

As posted elsewhere, there''ll be 1500 pissed off Palace fans here on Saturday after their 2-0 home defeat last night.

We hate Palace.  Think back to the outrageous dive that deprived us of two vital points in the Prem season.  35 quid for a restricted view in their crappy stadium. 

It''s payback time.  B***cks to Worthy Out. OTBC

[/quote]

PS.  Did I say 1500?  They couldn''t get 18,000 at Selhurst Park last night.  Their ground''s too big for them now.  Winkers.

Hi Mb

I shall be going as ever to support my team.  Despite my reservations about the manager I will support the players thoroughout, as I always have done. 

Discontent may well be felt, if we are not playing well, or indeed go behind during the game.  This is nothing new, and not directly anything to do with Worthington.  Crowds suffer, or enjoy, and that''s all part of going to a game of football.  I can remember hearing moaners at some of our better games during the promotion year - some people just go to get things out of their system, sometimes stuff unrelated to the match before their eyes.

If things look bad I will probably curse about things to myself, or even offer an opinion to those around me.  What I won''t do is boo a player, or for that matter sing anything relating to Nigel Worthington, good or bad. I just cannot bring myself to sing NW''s green and yellow army or indeed the line Worthy is our king.  That is just me.  I will still join in with OTBC though. 

Despite the recent two away games I still want to go along, hoping that we can put in a good performance and win convincingly.  Palace, despite their recent defeat are more of a test than we have had recently at home and will give us a test.  It''s important that we pass it.