Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Colin - I want to be the best right back in the league!

He has looked decent this season.Of course hes got a way to go, he didn''t say "I am the best right back in the league"Just another example of a fan who can''t take a defeat looking for a target for his frustrations.

In fairness to Colin he has transformed himself from a liability with no positional awareness into a quality looking full back over the summer.

Which right backs are better than him in this league on current form?

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I think you have a way to go yet son!![/quote]

So is he wrong to make it his aim? Can anybody at the club say or do anything without it being criticized in this room? He wants to better himself, so let''s have a go at him...

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I think you have a way to go yet son!![/quote]

Sorry Alex. I have done you an injustice. I saw your post and assumed that you were one of the "we''re the worst club in the world brigade." I saw some later posts and realized that this is not the case.

Annoyingly, I have done the same as I have criticized others for doing - oversimplifying and caricaturing the arguments of others (Do you think they will notice).

Profound apologies - I promise to do my best never to do it again!

Agreed GOTF - I read the article as knowing that he needs to improve but he is keen to develop and become the best.   He has improved this season, seems a confidence player and looks solid enough;  hopefully he will continue to improve and become that good.

Sorry lads - I think this post came out the wrong way. I for one am delighted that Colin has shown improvement this season and it''s clear from his comments that he wants to do well for this club which is what all fans want to see from a player. This was just meant to be a light hearted comment as his words did make me chuckle but only in a good natured way. I wasn''t looking for someone to take my frustration out on and it wasn''t meant to be a dig at Colin!! Apologies!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]He was misquoted and actually said it might be best if he went right back to the Dutch League.[/quote] Lol!!! Very witty Rude Old! ''Ding bloody dong'' by the way!!!

ZLF

Looks like we''ll never agree on right-backs!

Colin looks better with Croft in front of him and without a decent left-winger to test him but still looks poor to me.

Can you imagine him facing Huckerby (might be a reality this year when the board take their frugality to the next step).

I know your views on Colin FTFW  - I think the only real difference is that I can see some potential.  

I dont thnk he has been poor this season but he still needs to improve significantly to make the position his own;  if he can do that and fulfill the potential I think he may have then he will be all right for this league. 

Its good to disagree though!

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

Colin looks better with Croft in front of him and without a decent left-winger to test him but still looks poor to me.

[/quote]I''d like to see Louis Jean and Croft play together on the right. Louis jean''s attacking looked superior to Colin''s on the rare appearances he made. Let''s hope he can stay fit and give us an extra option!