Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Stop digging Niall!

Not content with claiming that he''d planned all along to resign after tonight''s game, Niall Quinn says he''s about to bring in a "world class" manager . . .  

World class?  Who on earth can it be?  At least he won''t be under any pressure . . .

[quote user="mystic megson"]

World class?  Who on earth can it be?  At least he won''t be under any pressure . . .

[/quote]Joe Royal.:o)

On a more serious note, whats Jurgen Klinsmann up to? He was the first name that popped into my head, although Sunderland may be a bit cloudy for him now he''s used to the USA sunshine.

Mike Bassett, we’ll never forget that day at Wembley when we lifted the Mr Clutch Cup before going on to manage the national side

could be a surprise here and be sven! mind you i think its more likely to be roy keane as he had a good relationship wiv quinn when they played for ireland together. he was a world class player, keane i mean, but dont know what hed be like as a manager?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

Joe Royal.
:o)

On a more serious note, whats Jurgen Klinsmann up to? He was the first name that popped into my head, although Sunderland may be a bit cloudy for him now he''s used to the USA sunshine.
[/quote]

Klinsmann would have to manage them by web cam, before popping out to the deli to pick up his pastrami on rye.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

its Roy Keane apparently

jas :)

[/quote]

aparently

wouldnt supprise me if it was

but i wouldn''t really call him ''world class''......

Well he was a world class midfielder and had two world class managers in Sir Alex and Old Big Head. Will that make him a world class manager also we''ll have to wait and see. But to be a manager who is considered to be world class you first need to manage a team, something Mr Keane hasn''t done if I''m right. Will be interesting to see what effect he has. Shame really that we don''t play them soon as they might have got their acts together and will be a tough team to beat. How likely is that though = )

..with brian kerr as assistant?

Not sure it will save them from relegation.

Has Keane got the temperament for management? I seriously doubt it.

Keane will know how to organise a team that''s for certain.  And you don''t play in midfield for Manchester United for as long as he did without learning something about the way the game is played.

However, Jimmy Nesbitt (yes, I know, that well known football pundit) compared the Quinn and Keane partnership to Ian Paisley working with the Pope this morning, could be fiery.

i think roy keane will be good for sunderland he is a strong character and he will give sunderland a kick up the backside

Oh yeah Roy Keane, that world class manager, I always thought he was a fairly medicore player to be honest. With his diplomatic skills i''m sure Sunderland are in for a nice gentle ride, hahaha.

I wish him well of course!