Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

How important are the next two games

I think the next two games against Preston and Luton will tell us alot about the way the season will go, two wins and a bit of confidence, the fans will start enjoying going to Carrow road again and hopefully we can put last season behind us and push for the playoffs but if we lose either of the games the doom and gloom will return and we will struggle at home and away, i really believe that the next two games are that important, god forbid we loose or draw both,if we do Nigel will need to be air lifted to safety. I along with most of the 24000 plus will give the boys a chance to show last season was a blip but i think two games will be enough to tell. 

I personally feel the next 2 games are potentially Worthington’s last chance of survival. Anything less than say 4 points would surely be the catalyst for major demonstrations from a hugely increased proportion of city fans. Our home form has always supported our dreadful away record under Worthington. With the home form not up to much either last term dissatisfaction was always going to be voiced by the crowds. Even the most loyal fans must want to see us play good football at home. It going to be interesting .

You can''t judge a season on 2 games, that''s ridiculous.

We could win 25 games out of 46 after losing the first 3, and still get into the Premiership via the play-offs.  The season Palace went up, they were 4th from bottom at Xmas.

So how can you possibly make decisions about how the season will go after 2 or 3 games ?

do you know, if we''re 4th from bottom at Xmas, there''s a good chance we will too.  But I don''t think we''ve ever been that low, have we ?

I didn''t say I was judging the season I like many am judging a manager who has managed 6 away wins in over 40 games. I''m judging a manager who buys Hughes, Robinson, Etuhu and Thorne. I''m judging a manager who makes players like Mcveigh a scapegoat whilst still picking players like Hughes. I''m judging a manager who has told us he doesn''t care what the fans think. I judging a manager who isn''t interested in even talking to Sutton cos he''s to big a name for his liking. And finally I''m Judging a manager who has had far more time at our club than he is due. Time''s up the clock is ticking. The fans will have to be listened to eventually cos if you don''t one day you turn round and they ain''t there any more.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]do you know, if we''re 4th from bottom at Xmas, there''s a good chance we will too.  But I don''t think we''ve ever been that low, have we ?[/quote]Always a first time for everything...

Worthers needs two out of his next two to keep the fans quiet for a bit, he got away with defeat yesterday because of the perfomance and the difficulty of the fixture .

I agree in part to this - i think the next two games will tell us alot about how the season will pan out and the style of football we will adopt but thats all.  It won''t determine Worthington''s future at the club, far from it.  We have a board at Norwich who are prepared to accept mediocrity and with Worthington at the helm that''s exactly what they''re going to get.  Yes, we are reasonable at home edging our 2-1s against Stoke and 1-0s against Luton and we will pick up the odd draw and win away from home. With the continuation of this pattern he will always just do enough to keep his job and we will merrily bob along in 10th or 12th position just within touch with the play off positions.

In short this season ai going to be groundhog day all singing and dancing with bells on !

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

You can''t judge a season on 2 games, that''s ridiculous.

We could win 25 games out of 46 after losing the first 3, and still get into the Premiership via the play-offs.  The season Palace went up, they were 4th from bottom at Xmas.

So how can you possibly make decisions about how the season will go after 2 or 3 games ?

[/quote]

Thats ironic because certain people made judgements on Sutton based on his 11 games last year.

So is the Worthy number somewhere between 3 and 11 ?

Or does he get a free pass due to age and his pay per play deal LOL!

Although teams do sometimes have miracle pushes into promotion play off places, it is much better to start off well and give the whole season some early impetus. Last season we were "gifted" three successive home games and failing to win any of them was where the problems started. In fact it was obvious very early last time that there were major issues. We were played off the park at times by Crewe and I dont think we ever really recovered from that poor start.

The next two games are very important for the same reason. Six points and we might be buzzing- four would be OK but any less and the doubts would resurface all over again.

Anyone who sasy that you can''t judge a season by the first 2 or 3 games is of course dead right, but the problems we are witnessing and the failings which have got many asking for NW''s head have been apparent for two whole seasons now and its the historical facts which leads to managerial change.

Not much talk I note this time of Carrow Road being an "excuse free zone".........................