Sign in to follow this  
1st Wizard

team for tuesday

after yesterdays performance, just wandering what would be your team for tuesday... would you keep the same or go 4-4-2.... i would go like this

gallagher

colin   doherty   shackell   drury  

safri   etuhu

croft   mcveigh   huckerby   

earnshaw

also what new signing apart from chris sutton would you like to see here

GallagherColin  Doherty  Shackell  DruryCroft   Safri  Etuhu  Huckerby              McVeigh             Earnshaw

I would definitely go 4-4-2, with McKenzie and Earnie in attack, with Robinson making way. We cannot rely on one striker to do the business, because when it doesn''t happen, as it didn''t on Saturday, we lose. I don''t like 4-5-1 atall, because it''s admitting you''re not good enough before we''ve kicked a ball. That system only works on a regular basis if you''ve got a very good, attacking central midfield. Which we haven''t -yet.

It''s too depressing into thinking who we might sign, because Worthy has been given a small budget and has only a few crumbs left. In a world where we can''t even get Geoff Horsfield, don''t expect too much!!!

I would not play just the one up front, in Earnshaw, when playing at home. I''d prefer to go with:

Gallagher
Colin Doherty Shackell Drury
Croft Safri Etuhu Huckerby
     Earnshaw McKenzie. (4-4-2)

Lets really turn Carrow Rd, back into Fortress Carrow Road! McKenzie at home can often look like a completly different player to the one that plays at away games. In general at home the team seems to play better when Leon plays, the whole place just seems to get a boost.

yeh i was jsut thinkin to go even more positive at home and also preston have a weakened defence after the summer sales and therefore might not be able to cope with our pace going forward

"Keep the same team. Why change it?"

A) We Lost

B) We were playing against a promotion favourite away from home on saturday, we are playing at home against a team who couldnt beat sheffield wednesday (down to 10 men) at home on saurday.

i''m sure we can do the business with any formation, but, if he stuck with the same team i''m sure it would look more of a 4-3-3

Having been in London for 3 days, I''m not so clued up to what went on at Leeds.  Judging from everything I''ve read in the papers and message boards, I would probably stick with the same team.  If anything should change then it should be Leon coming in at the expense of a midfielder (probably Robbo, although it sounds like he played well).

It has to be 4-4-2 at home with Mckenzie coming into the team.  I agree with a previous remark about Leon at home, he is a different player. 

If we played so well and were unlucky to lose on sat, defending well andlimiting chances against us while creating loads ourselves why on earth would we want to change the system?   Making changes undermines the team understanding and I really cant see our squad being good enough to flit to and from 4-4-2 on a game by game basis. 

If Sat was successful - I wasnt there so can only go on the reports I have seen which suggest the 1st half was excellent and the second (incl a sub which meant we went 4-4-2) was average to poor - and the club feel it was a good performance and we were unlucky to lose then I see no sensible reason to change - keep the same side.

IF we are to go 4-4-2 I would start with Hux or Thorne and save leon for later - the manager may prefer Leon as that was the change on Sat.  

Why mckenzie back people? done sod all the other day and was pretty poor last season, i dislike mckenzie and think he is a poor footballer, but i try and look at his performances logically, fairly and sensibly and i still cannot see why people want that man in the first team

nothing fancy, 4-4-2, id try a diamond like this though as i think it could cause 1 or 2 problems tonight with the pace we have

Gallagher

Colin    Shacks   The Doc    Drury

Safri

Croft                           Huckster

McVeigh

Earnie             McKenzie

jas :)