Sign in to follow this  
king of latvia

NEW SHIRTS

WHO HAS GOT A NEW SHIRT AND ITS A LITTLE TOO  TIGHT?

HAD TO TAKE MY AWAY SHIRT BACK.FOR THE NEXT SIZE UP.

ALSO TOLD THE HOME SHIRTS ARE A LITTLE BIT SMALLER THAN THE AWAY SHIRTS.

My new home shirt is a little bit smaller than the last one, but then again tee-shirts seem to be a bit smaller now too which I guess is the fashion.

Not so good come winter when you''ve got jumpers etc under it to keep warm!

I''ve found that over the years, all shirts seem to be getting smaller - I used to fit in a medium, but now even XL seems a bit snug in certain places.  I blame the manufacturers (oh and Worthy, obviously).

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Not pies and beer then?[/quote]

Ummm, come to think of it, there may be a hint of the truth in there....

Norwich kits over the years of been so oversized, you could build a housing estate in them. Fashion has finally hit Norwich at last with modern, slim fitting kits. Hurrah!

Nothing beats the Hummel white and green away kits of the mid ''80''s though, still the marker for all kits to aim for. They were slim too, as kits just look much better that way.

Maybe the suppliers could make a couple of bigger sizes to compensate those with a "larger frame?"

It''s all very well making the new kit fashionable (slim fit), but is it really a good marketing idea ?  Will it attract more purchasers than a normal fit shirt ?  I''ll guarantee there are more larger than slim fit supporters than there are natural sporty physiques, and that''s bound to put people off spending £40.

Plus there is the wearing it to games in winter issues (as someone else has mentioned).  Will our away support look quite so yellow come February away at (looking briefly at the fixture list next to my PC) Preston !  Can''t see me managing to pack many sweaters under that shirt ...

Nope, I don''t think slim fit is a very good idea at all.  It''s the first home shirt I''ve liked the look of for a couple of designs now, but I''m already having to think twice about buying it.  Maybe the new (and in my eyes, better design) kit will sell just as well as previous ones, but if it doesn''t, that''s all lost revenue to the club.  

Oh, and when all the kids on here that like it reach their mid 30''s, I wonder if they''ll find it so easy to fit in them ...

i''ve had to take my shirt back also, the slim fit may look good on a huckerby six pack physique, but it looks decidely  unattractive stretched across my middle aged paunch - especially if used in winter with layers underneath.  the shop assistant had the gall to suggest the more tailored look was an improvement on previous years shirts, but she was left in no doubt that the heroin chic look didn''t go down well with me.  apparently, lots of XL''s had been returned, so many oversized fans are left in a similar limbo. she suggested the new shirts would all be here in 2-3 weeks, but i''ll believe that when i see it.what a marketing, supply and impractical fiasco - the new shirt has been/is.

Does anyone know if the ladies versions are cropped to allow for an overspill of gut, love handles and belly piercing plus an elegant display of tattoo at the rear?

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Does anyone know if the ladies versions are cropped to allow for an overspill of gut, love handles and belly piercing plus an elegant display of tattoo at the rear?[/quote]

Of course they are! It''s an improvement on cramming themselves into a man''s one, which is such an attractive look in its own right.

[6]

BB

I wore my old Colmans shirt last night, just for the retro fun of it, and even though it''s only a medium, it dwarfs me! Makes me wonder what I looked like when I was 18, without the pies and beer factor!

I''ve been given the new away shirt for my leaving from work, and although its the same size as normal (M) I''m thinking I may have to shed a few pounds before modelling it... [:S]