Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

If season ticket renewal forms came out today who would renew?

I ask this question as i would have serious doubts as to renewing my season ticket.

I feel that in a way we have been conned by the board. I renewed my season ticket in the hope and belief that Worthington would not be here next season and that a new manager would and that we would have new, better players next season.

No, but what happens Delia and MWJ come out the day after season ticket transfer deadline day and publically back Worthington (very convenient, that really pissed me off personally, why could they not have come out with that statement 2 weeks before hand if they beleive that most fans back Worthington?) and now 2 and a half weeks before the season starts still we have no fresh faces in the team. ( not that this bothers me now as i hope we don''t sign anyone as we will then start the season with the same team as last time and that means we will be average at best and Worthington will get the sack.

It''s too late to complain now, isn''t it? Why renew and wish the Club to do poorly just to serve your prophecies? How about complaining, pointing out the problems in your deserved opinion and hoping to be proven wrong as you attend the matches.

18 months ago I was speaking to Delia at A Night with Geoff Stelling and she was saying that season tickets could not be obtained for love or money - she was unable to get one for someone who wanted one.  The waiting list was very long.  Now they haven''t even all been sold.  What a sorry state of affairs - and it has got to be down to Worthington, or the board for not getting rid of him.  Fans are voting with their pockets.   

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

I ask this question as i would have serious doubts as to renewing my season ticket.

I feel that in a way we have been conned by the board. I renewed my season ticket in the hope and belief that Worthington would not be here next season and that a new manager would and that we would have new, better players next season.

No, but what happens Delia and MWJ come out the day after season ticket transfer deadline day and publically back Worthington (very convenient, that really pissed me off personally, why could they not have come out with that statement 2 weeks before hand if they beleive that most fans back Worthington?) and now 2 and a half weeks before the season starts still we have no fresh faces in the team. ( not that this bothers me now as i hope we don''t sign anyone as we will then start the season with the same team as last time and that means we will be average at best and Worthington will get the sack.

[/quote]

There''s still time to cancel . . . if you have the courage of your convictions.

I would renew every time.  The day I even consider the question -

is the day I die! I would support Norwich what ever league we are in

surely?  I''ve said to many people lately that if you dislike

Football and Worthington so much that it makes you constantly bitter

and angry - maybe its time not to renew, take up gardening, rock

climbing or shopping in Mothercare with the missus.  Life is too

short,  if your not sure whether you want to go - or you are just

gonna moan - and be boring all season, then go and do one, or at least

go shopping from now til next May, and beyond hopefully!

[quote]I feel that in a way we have been conned by the board. I renewed my season ticket in the hope and belief that Worthington would not be here next season and that a new manager would and that we would have new, better players next season.[/quote]

How can you possibly have the hope and belief that Worthington would be gone, when the majority shareholders told you on Anglia TV news that he would be staying ?  I am right in thinking that you could have cancelled your ticket at any time after their announcement ?

I think you''ve conned yourself, and now you''re trying to con others.

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

There''s still time to cancel . . . if you have the courage of your convictions.

[/quote]

I am sure that is quite right; all these people who would now not renew can just cancel....particularly if they are paying in instalments, they could easily just cancel the payment from their account (3 instalments have gone from my account so far).

I am more than a little confused by some people''s attitudes: some people seem to want to go to games hoping to see us play badly to get the manager the sack, and they are not even willing to start over this season with a clean slate even for a few games to see if anything has changed....this just seems completely bizarre to me, there is no way I would waste either the time, effort or money if that was my opinion.

Of course I am not particularly happy with things, and the answer may well be that we need a new manager - but I would certainly renew my ticket whatever; nothing would stop me from going to games out of choice, and nothing could ever make me want to see my side do anything other than win.  Whoever is the manager, to me, is of secondary importance.

[quote]I am more than a little confused by some people''s attitudes: some people seem to want to go to games hoping to see us play badly to get the manager the sack, and they are not even willing to start over this season with a clean slate even for a few games to see if anything has changed....this just seems completely bizarre to me, there is no way I would waste either the time, effort or money if that was my opinion.[/quote]

The problem is that Worthy Out has become the focus of these peoples'' attention, more so than the club.  You could argue that they are a supporters club within the club now, which is a shame.

The team need us to get behind them, and to put the knife down as we do so, too.

[quote user="snake pit army"]i m glad people like you don''t renew, it leaves more seats for the real sup

porters who want to get behind the team[/quote]

Gosh I wish I was  a "real" supporter 

Yes I''d still renew, I don''t renew my season ticket as a sign of support for the manager or any individual at the club, I do it because I love the club and want to support them whether they are doing bad or good.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Yes I''d still renew, I don''t renew my season ticket as a sign of support for the manager or any individual at the club, I do it because I love the club and want to support them whether they are doing bad or good.
[/quote]

I have come to the reluctant conclusion that renewing my season ticket is not necessarily the best way of supporting the club at the present time.  Once they''ve got your money they take you for granted.  If they''d had to invest a bit more in the football side to get us through the gate, we might not be in this mess.  It''s a sad state of affairs.  I''m still a member, and if we''re so successful next season that I can''t get a ticket it''s a price worth paying as far as I am concerned. 

I didn''t renew specifically because I am concerned that the club will take the high level of renewals as a green light to press ahead with yet more construction work, by enlarging the City Stand.  They have spoken of their intention to do this on at least three occasions in the past year, including the Annual Report.  Of late it has gone rather quiet on that front, but there have been no indications of a change of plan or postponement.

There''s probably nothing I can do to stop them going ahead if that''s what they want to do, but I''ll go to hell before I let them take the mickey out of my commitment to the club in that way.

[quote user="Keith Roads"]I would renew every time.  The day I even consider the question -

is the day I die! I would support Norwich what ever league we are in

surely?  I''ve said to many people lately that if you dislike

Football and Worthington so much that it makes you constantly bitter

and angry - maybe its time not to renew, take up gardening, rock

climbing or shopping in Mothercare with the missus.  Life is too

short,  if your not sure whether you want to go - or you are just

gonna moan - and be boring all season, then go and do one, or at least

go shopping from now til next May, and beyond hopefully! [/quote]I would write my own reply but that one is so true to my own feeling i''ll just copy it and post it again