Sign in to follow this  
HertsCanary

Mckenzie and Earnshaw ?

I think it''ll be one of the best partnerships in the championship this season if worthy plays them both together !!! What do you think ?

Yup! Leon and Ernie would form an excellent parsnip, and we would be sugar to beet any side brave to turnip at Carrot Road, and seeing them two pepper the opposition''s onion bag - would be so swede........ That''s shallot![:|] 

Seriously though.........................

I believe that could work, providing we play the right way around them. Certainly no high balls for starters!

I don''t believe you have to have a big guy up top to be effective. Those two are both quick and with balls through channels, they can do well. Leon works very hard and would graft well to close down the back line to make it difficult to play out. I would like to see Earnie do the same though when without the ball. But the thing is, do we then become a little one dimensional? As we saw with the scum when we played them at home last season, they played a very high line and yes got caught out once by Johansen but other than that we spent the entire game offside being played because we were trying to play to our strengths that day up top which were both similar in their pace.

So yes it would work providing Earnie works hard but against a good tactician we could be found out very easily.

[quote user="HertsCanary"]I think it''ll be one of the best partnerships in the championship this season if worthy plays them both together !!! What do you think ?[/quote]

I''ll go along with that too... with Hucks feeding them  from the left and Hendo from the right. If they get the passing game right it could be great.

Obviously the worry is McKenzie''s injury problems, but if he stays fit then he''d be my first choice to start alongside Earnshaw as things stand. Thorne is staking a claim though, that can''t be overlooked.To be honest either combination should return a decent tally of goals.

Mello Yello wrote Yup! Leon and Ernie would form an excellent parsnip, and we would be sugar to beet any side brave to turnip at Carrot Road, and seeing them two pepper the opposition''s onion bag - would be so swede........ That''s shallot!

You seem to really know your onions Mello and, ur, and, um, and.....sorry have to go I need a leek

It could certainly work, provided the tactics are right, and that''s where I begin to worry with our manager...

Minor point though, Herb - you mention McKenzie''s "injury problems" - am I wrong in think that of the two and a half seasons he''s played for us, only one of them (last season) has been blighted by injury? He''s had the odd knock and niggle here and there like everyone else, but last year, I believe, was exceptional in terms of how long he was out.  I don''t think matters were helped by off the field problems, either, and those seem to have settled down now.

The twosome would worry a lot of defences, and I am sure that they would score goals.

My only hesitation is the old chestnut that we would be playing 4-3-3 in effect, given Hux''s inability to defend. And if the three in the midfield includes Hendo or McV, who is willing but is told to make rapid progress down the right, this too will help to create goals but leave us an effective midfield of Safri and one from Robinson, Etuhu and Hughes. Safri is alright but .......

I think that we would score more goals, but I fear that we would be overwhelmed in the midfield, and the defence would leak goals as it did quite a few times last year.

There''s a sense that our potential match-winner, Hux, makes it difficult to play two (other) strikers. We still have to overcome this. If we had one or two more central midfielders who could partner and replace Safri when he is injured. Sadly we have some journeymen!

[quote user="HertsCanary"]I think it''ll be one of the best partnerships in the championship this season if worthy plays them both together !!! What do you think ?[/quote]

definately!!  i m a big fan of mackenzie, i honestly think this partnership could fire us in to the playoffs, provided they grt the right service ie. balls to feet or through balls behind the defence rather a hoof from the doc

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Yup! Leon and Ernie would form an excellent parsnip, and we would be sugar to beet any side brave to turnip at Carrot Road, and seeing them two pepper the opposition''s onion bag - would be so swede........ That''s shallot![:|] 

[/quote]  And if this comes to pass then presumably we shall celebrate and all join in the wonderful chant (see chant thread for full details)

"Nigel Worthington has a parsnip for a head etc."

[quote user="Death of Canaries"]

It could certainly work, provided the tactics are right, and that''s where I begin to worry with our manager...

Minor point though, Herb - you mention McKenzie''s "injury problems" - am I wrong in think that of the two and a half seasons he''s played for us, only one of them (last season) has been blighted by injury? He''s had the odd knock and niggle here and there like everyone else, but last year, I believe, was exceptional in terms of how long he was out.  I don''t think matters were helped by off the field problems, either, and those seem to have settled down now.

[/quote]With regard to leons injuries i feel he is a little bit like andy johnson when he was at norwich.Allways willing to put his self in where it hurts never holds back unlike some players who look after themselves. I also think leon and earnshaw will be a great partnership leon being the grafter and earnshaw with the finesse.Not saying leon cant finish but earnshaw is that bit better at finishing.Leon i think if he stays fit has got at least 15 goals min in him this season and earnshaw 20 +. The one niggle i have is how we will provide the service to them midfield has a big question mark over it at the moment.Specially as it is the same as last season and we all know how they performed nil creativity lets hope he has some midfield signings in the locker.

[quote user="seamus42"]

I''ll go along with that too... with Hucks feeding them  from the left and Hendo from the right. If they get the passing game right it could be great.

[/quote]

ur not rong, get hendo on the wing definately. leon and earnie both know were the goal is, i rekon they cud pick up a few between them problem is hendo is temperamental and leons always injured - worthy we need more players, sort it out

Yeah, definatley. They have proved that in pre-season. Let''s hope they take it into the season with them!

Cambs wrote

And if this comes to pass then presumably we shall celebrate and all join in the wonderful chant (see chant thread for full details)

"Nigel Worthington has a parsnip for a head etc."

Good grief Cambs....this is a bit intemperate for you, is it the warm weather?