Sign in to follow this  
FU MAN SHOE

Sell Greeno now?

Should we?  Could we? ... sell Greeno now to raise a bit more dosh for transfers. Greeno wont be firing on all cylinders for some time to come and if we dont look like doing anything this season he could go anyway.

However, would this be false economy as we wouldn''t get top dollar for him at the moment?

hi lads , a hammer here , on greeno , i did hear a whisper we was after him a few mths back , we do have carrol but hes injured , bywater er ... no comment  , jimmy walker , not prem  , so we was on the look out , shame he got injured  i think hes a good goalkeeper , any way best of luck this year  , hope you bounce back up [B]

i think i''m right in saying that greeno has a release clause of £2m, and unless the club are willing to take less Greeno wont go anywhere until he is fit again.

i strongly believe that he will go to west ham before the end of August, and i believe even more strongly that we will never see him in a city shirt again,

Just becasue he wasnt sold in january doesnt mean no-one wanted him - please tell me you guys didnt actually believe that spin after he threw his shirt into the crowd after the West Ham game.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

i think i''m right in saying that greeno has a release clause of £2m, and unless the club are willing to take less Greeno wont go anywhere until he is fit again.

i strongly believe that he will go to west ham before the end of August, and i believe even more strongly that we will never see him in a city shirt again,

Just becasue he wasnt sold in january doesnt mean no-one wanted him - please tell me you guys didnt actually believe that spin after he threw his shirt into the crowd after the West Ham game.

[/quote]

from memory, he was stretchered off against West Ham and threw his shirt into the crowd later in January

It now looks even more so that the sale of Greeno was the banker for the transfer budget for this summer. Therefore no cash in = no cash to spend.

We would be mad to sell him now his value is less as he is injured.

Come Jan he will be gone to WHU or Wigan who have only taken Injureland on a six month deal.

I don''t see the point of holding on to Green once he is fit, as he doesn''t want to play for us anymore. Should be sold as soon as we get a decent offer, but I wouldn''t hold out for silly money because nobody will pay it.

He''s had two poor-ish seasons and his contract runs out at the end of the season, so I would say his stock value is £1M maximum, but he could easily go for £500/750K with sell-on clauses.

Could be a very good buy with the right coaching - his body language was awful last year, especially after the closing of the transfer window. I wish him all the best, but he has been around too long, and as result both Green and NCFC have suffered.

A full season of Gallacher will be a breath of fresh air.

[quote user="Eastonpromise"]

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

[/quote]

from memory, he was stretchered off against West Ham and threw his shirt into the crowd later in January

[/quote]

quite so, apologies!

Sell Greeno now?

Certainly not.

Green should not be sold by Worthington as Worthington will get the money to spend. The new manager will need this money to build the team he wants.

Some of you lot need to make your minds up. Most of you want Worthington out and are then bemoaning the lack of signings.

If you want Worthington out then the lack of new signings is a good thing.

Perhaps the argument is academic. There is a lot we could buy for up to £3m but who in that price range wants to come to Norwich at the moment with parachute money running out and I would say no more than an outside chance of a play off place.

A couple of good loans and put the Greeno money in the bank... whenever the sale happens. We have to prove ourselves with a consistent first half of the season (at least) to attract better quality players perhaps in the January window, ...what say you all?

no one will pay for a keeper who wont be fit until Christmas and probably not in the first team again (if at all) until the end of january..

If gallagher plays well for us then Greeno could find himself as a bench warmer... his value will decrease then.. we should of cashed in on him sooner

jas :)