Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

And the latest striker to be played on the right wing is?

Yes, he was on the right wing but he actually looked very good there. One of the players who stood out last night.

Could be a better position for him than upfront - he''s nippy, skinny and fast. Not a natural target man.

Could potenitally be a long-term solution to the right sided problem.

I agree with what Jetstream wrote regarding El Ouargui''s performance. And what also like to say Andy Hughes supposably had a good game, and at times even holding up the ball to create some good chances, were if it weren''t for great goalkeeping from Lewis would have set up 2-3 goals!

Well done to the whole of the team on that performance, couldn''t of asked for anything more.

Keep it up!!

The guys about 18 or something, even he doesn''t know his best position yet. Chris Sutton was a defender at that age remember.

Good point. But aslong as he can play well in that position it''s good enough ''till he feels otherwise.

[quote user="Herb"]The guys about 18 or something, even he doesn''t know his best position yet. Chris Sutton was a defender at that age remember.

[/quote]

Totally agree Herb - I hope he does well when given a chance.   Lets hope we don''t get another Henderson situation where a player whom looks totally out of sorts in that position gets repeatedly played there.

He is young enough to learn and I would like to see him have a couple of games there pre season to see whether he can become an option for us given the current lack of alternatives and signings - he is the same age as Aaron lennon and his reputation is big and it seems his injury may be behind him.  Fingers crossed.  

However most players by 18 know where their best position is and its hard to understand why they should be a right winger for the full team if their youth development has been focused on striking - give him some games on the flank for reserves/Academy if him being a wide midfielder is a option. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

However most players by 18 know where their best position is and its hard to understand why they should be a right winger for the full team if their youth development has been focused on striking - give him some games on the flank for reserves/Academy if him being a wide midfielder is a option. [/quote]

Some players are natural enough footballers to be able to do whats required in a number of positions. Greatest example in my living memory being Ruud Gullit perhaps? Now you don''t have to be as good as Ruud to still be pretty handy in a number of positions.

Smaller strikers and wingers are similar in a number of desirable skills/abilities. I suppose generally small strikers head a bit better and wingers defend a bit better. If young Asmat can defend and track back we could be onto a winner here!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

And of course, Thierry Henry has been playing out of position for ages.  Doesn''t Arsene know that he''s a winger ?

Wenger OUT !

[/quote]

I like the idea behind your quote, but henry plays well there.  Henderson does not.  Also Henry plays quite far up the pitch, in a role perhaps huckerby should be playing for us??

Yep he looked good but who were we playing? I''m not kidding I can''t remember, I know it wasn''t a top local team but my mate told me it was against Brundall Paperboys, which was the reason he didn''t get his Daily Express til 10am this morning, is this true?

[quote user="nh_ncfc"]I agree with what Jetstream wrote regarding El Ouargui''s performance. And what also like to say Andy Hughes supposably had a good game, and at times even holding up the ball to create some good chances, were if it weren''t for great goalkeeping from Lewis would have set up 2-3 goals! Well done to the whole of the team on that performance, couldn''t of asked for anything more. Keep it up!![/quote]

We obviously have different opinions becasue i thought hooze was dreadful. In fact had he been in a Fakenham shirt he wouldnt have shone. The man is out of his depth - even Kings Lynn wouldnt play him

I agree Rossi

Hughes looked uncomfortable and managed to pass the ball straight to the Fakenham players a few times. Unlike Safri who oozed class.

Hoozey''s body language looked (IMO) like a man who didn''t want to be there and he was lurking outside the dressing room afterwards all alone.

In the second half Robinson was totally anonymous whilst Etuhu looked keen and was trying hard (even though I don''t think that is enough)

On that performance you''d go with Safri + Etuhu as first choice. That doesn;t fill me with confidence and Safri will get injured/disappear for ANC and Etuhu will just disappear for half a game every time he plays.

But Rossi, you don''t like Hughes. You expect him to fail, and be rubbish. Therefore your opinion is completely tainted, and watching him means you can pick up on all his faults.

Just like everyone did with Holt. People stopped noticing the breaking up of play that he did and focussed on his mistakes and bad points.

Just try to watch a performance in a non-biased way. It took Donkerty a year to turn people''s opinions of him around, so perhaps it will be the same with hooooze.

he did look settled on the right and made a few huckerby-esque penertrating runs, didn t see much of a good final ball though, maybe showing a flaw in his midfield role, but huckerby can t cross either so he could be used

Despite the wayward passes I felt that Andy Hughes did more than others at Fakenham to stake a claim for the 2nd central midfield slot alongside Youssef. Generally I felt the 1st half team showed a little more togetherness than the 2nd half squad. It will be interesting to see how they are mixed at Cambridge tomorrow & how the midfielders fare