Sign in to follow this  
ca

Worthingtons 'True Supporters'

Alright Mystic, here it is word for word from the pinkun article:

“I thought the crowd was excellent,” he said. “On the lap after the game I thought the true supporters were there and showed that exceptionally well, and great credit to them.

He is saying that those who stayed to support him are true fans and those who left, presumably to show that they don''t support him, are not. End of.

Obviously the hundreds of others all over the messageboards have all overreacted as well. I doubt it.

[quote user="EddieYellow"]

Alright Mystic, here it is word for word from the pinkun article:

“I thought the crowd was excellent,” he said. “On the lap after the game I thought the true supporters were there and showed that exceptionally well, and great credit to them.

He is saying that those who stayed to support him are true fans and those who left, presumably to show that they don''t support him, are not. End of.

Obviously the hundreds of others all over the messageboards have all overreacted as well. I doubt it.

[/quote]Don''t get me wrong.  Sometimes I wish Worthy would put his foot in his mouth and leave it there. I still remember his response after Craven Cottage, to the effect that it was no use crying over spilt milk.  To me it wasn''t spilt milk, it was spilt blood.  But his comments in the media are neither here nor there. 

Bryan Hamilton was the exact opposite.  The expression "talks a good game" might have been invented for him.  It didn''t make him a good manager of Norwich City.  Worthy''s media comments don''t make him a bad one, but they certainly give his opponents a stick to beat him with.  

[quote user="JC"]

I stayed for a few minutes after the whistle, to see what happened in terms of people staying or leaving.  Me and my group then left because we do not support the current management team.  When I left (Jarrold stand) the ground was heading towards half empty.  Of the half who stayed, a lot of those I suspect stayed out of a sense of duty to wave off certain players and clap the team, rather than stay to endorse the current management of the club. In my opinion the droves leaving the ground and the remainder staying mostly to clap the team, not endorse the management team, I think should send a HUGE message to the deaf and dumb board.

Open question, who stayed in order to show their support for Nigel Worthington?  Any takers?

[/quote]

I stayed to clap everyone involved with Norwich City. That doesn''t make me a WO, a KTF or a WI.

I stayed because despite what some people on here think, they always try. It may not always be good enough, in fact sometimes they are awful, but that''s football.

I''m not really sure whether I want Nigel Worhington to stay or not, but what I do know is that I would like to  leave it the board to decide when he goes, rather than most of the ''Worthy Outers'' who post on this board

Firstly you cannot lump everyone who left into this one cataogory, it''s very unfair. Secondly I ''am a true supporter and I always try my best at every game but yesterday after driving all the way from Nottingham to get to this game only to be presented with a pathetic and passionless performance, I did not have the energy or will to clap that bunch of retarts round the pitch. If I could I would have liked to have been able to clap and congratulate the select few player who are working hard and playing well but I knew staying behind and clapping would be be support for worthy and players like andy hughes, which don''t deserve it. These comments have thoroughly angered me and I will not be insulted like this, Worthy must go now for me, unless he apoligises and maybe tries to show a bit of understanding. I''ll support this club through thick and thin but he is not the club and I have no reason to support him or put any faith in him.

[quote user="..xx..WoRtHy_In..xx.."]

I want him to stay even more now! It''s funny seeing you all wound up! Just cos you no he''s right and you didn''t stay!!!

[/quote] Ha ha ha ha!!!! Whatever!!

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="cityangel"]

Now we do we all agree on what the majority of fans really think. [:D]

[/quote]

Angel doesn''t normally answer questions - but here we go - "How many signed the petition?"

I''ll just keep bumping this to the top till we get a reply.

[/quote]

You''ll need to go over to the worthyout.co.uk website, the petitions are all co-ordinated from there and I''m sure they will publish the results when all the sheets have all been collected.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]LEAVE? - a lot of the Worthy Outer don''t even go!! Check the thread below where a major critic refers constantly to the radio Norfolk commentary. [/quote]

I can''t understand how you don''t realise your own cognitive dissonance. Weren''t you saying a week ago that Worthy Outers shouldn''t go to games because you don''t like protests in the ground?

You can''t have it both ways, should we go and protest or stay away in protest? Make your bloody mind up.

[quote user="BlueScreenError"]

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]LEAVE? - a lot of the Worthy Outer don''t even go!! Check the thread below where a major critic refers constantly to the radio Norfolk commentary. [/quote]

I can''t understand how you don''t realise your own cognitive dissonance. Weren''t you saying a week ago that Worthy Outers shouldn''t go to games because you don''t like protests in the ground?

You can''t have it both ways, should we go and protest or stay away in protest? Make your bloody mind up.

[/quote]

we should just act like lemmings and clap the underacheivers, hand over our money and take it all in good spirits.  We shouldnt question the managers decisions, no matter how strange or poor they seem.  Now go back to watching TV you plebs.

like some i stayed, not because i support him, but becasue i wanted to show my support to SOME of the players. A few points

1) I suspect that there was about 5,000 fans at the end, that represents only 25%. Of those 25% i suspect there were others like me who stayed but do not support worthington.

2) One of the reasons why i also stayed becasue for me this was a moment of truce if you like, a sign of goodwill that as much as i do not like it, i recognise that he will be here next season, and i hope for the best start possible for the sake of the club.

3) Worthington''s comments were ill-advised and only really a good idea if the place was packed out, taking a swipe at a few. Taking a swipe at the fan base is never a good idea, but something worthy has become confortable with ( i dont care what the fans think)

4) Worthington, on the back of those comments, has ensured civil war during the summer, and in addition has only made his position even more tenuous. Silly me actually thought that he may have offered an olive branch, instead his offered vocal incitement.

5) Worthington may reflect on unfairly high expectations. That would be the result of his expectations that he offered to the fans pre -season then.

I will be writing to ND and i suggest everybody does the same. I will NEVER accept NW as our manager irrespective of results ever again. My respect for Delia is on the line too, becasue I fully expect delia to publically criticise him for his comments. Delia''s reputation is swinging in the breeze for me, and a private telling off just will not do. Unless she condemns it she condones it.

[quote user="BlueScreenError"]

You can''t have it both ways, should we go and protest or stay away in protest? Make your bloody mind up. [/quote]

"I can''t understand how you don''t realise your own cognitive dissonance."

I don''t like to be patronising Blue but I don''t think you understand the term that you use.

I am the last person to discourage people from expanding their vocab. but would prefer you to use terms correctly. If you have time look it up and explain to me why you think that there is any cognitive dissonance in what I have written.

I think that Blue Screen understands it very well, Fence but, it would appear, it has bemused you. In fact, I have just responded to another inane and inflammatory post of yours where I said that you appear to have a lack of insight. Blue Screen echoes my sentiments.