Sign in to follow this  
Lionel Hutz

Paul Gallacher

Having had 2 very good games in goal do you now feel that perhaps he should be offered a contract and made City''s no. 1 for next season. Robert Green will doubtless leave in the summer and the money gained by selling him could be used better elsewhere in the side, as Gallacher is proving himself more than able, after all he is a Scottish International. My feeling is he will only sign if he is No.1 as he wants to get back into the international set up, which can only be good for Norwich and for him by playing well.  With Joe Lewis as back up City are well catered for.

Yep, I would sell Green and get a bit of cash which would help as part of the rebuilding of the team (under a new manager hopfully). Gallagher looks just as good as Green anyway and it would be good for Joe Lewis too as it would give him more of a chance of getting some first team experience.

Gallacher played a stormer yet has been third choice since signing (made such a good impression that Worthy went straight out and found Ward)  which again shows what a good judge of footballing merit our manager is.

Green should move this summer as he deserves it and Gallacher and Lewis look excellent for next year.  We will miss Greeno (like hux I cant understand why so much abuse is heaped on our best players) more than we realise but its best for the club to lose Greens wages if the board are to accept mid table championship football next season by keeping Worthy as the manager.   

Before we get too dewy-eyed about Gallacher, can we just remember that

1. he looked decidedly ''iffy'' with a number of the high crosses yesterday; and

2. he was also not too hot at commanding his area. There were a few misunderstandings with his defence which, fortunately, QPR were not good enough to capitalise on. 

The trouble is - as all too often - we''re now in a situation where a ''yes/no'' decision on the man''s future needs to be made on little decent evidence.

I said in an earlier post some time ago now that I thought Greeno should be rested for a short while for is own good (when he was clearly underperforming in relatin to his normal high standards) so that we could see the likes of Ward and Gallacher.

But no - it''s typical of this club that we find ourselves in an end of term rush on such critical decisions becasue Gallacher''s contract expires soon... (sounds like it fdinishes at the end of the month to me, if Worthless wants to settle Gallacher''s future on Wednesday...)

I, like many others, expect Greeno to go in the summer, and wish him well.  He deserves it, and his potential England career needs it.

But, yet again, NCFC ends up scrabbling around - with the manager even confessing he does not know if Gallacher wants to live and work in England or Scotland.... Doesn''t he ever talk to him, for heaven''s sake????  [:@]

gallacher would be my no1 aswell. infact, id also play him in the last 2 games to convince him to stay. but then there''s still a question mark on whether someone will take a chance on green.

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]simply, sell green, make lewis number 1. gallacher can either be number 2 or get lost.[/quote]

Get lost ? did you see yesterdays performance ? He distributed the ball well bowling it out several times unlike Green. I would change your post to Green can get lost as much as I love him at norwich. He is just privalidge that we dont need when we have got 2 great keepers in Gallagher and young Joe Lewis ! Plus we could use the money to sign a right midfielder....e.g Chris Brunt..BARE THE BRUNT.. or more importantly Greg Halford who I would love to see at norwich..

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]simply, sell green, make lewis number 1. gallacher can either be number 2 or get lost.[/quote]

Are you serious? If Green leaves, Gallagher would have to be number 1, to begin with at least. Even though he hasn''t played the last 2 years he has plenty of first team experience as well as at international level. Lewis has none yet so to make him number 1 straight away might be too much pressure at such a young age.

Get real will you!! Who is going to buy Green from Premier League?

Please buy me Mr Rednapp! er no -

Maybe someone in Scotland or promoted team - Sheff Utd or the Play Off Winner - Reading already have two better keepers

Gallacher was great yesterday, and by all accounts good on Sat as well, but should contractual dealings be based on two games? I know it''s all most fans will have seen of him, but the management team work with him all the time.

Anyway, I think the issue is more about him moving to get games, rather than us desperately wanting to get rid.

To let Gallacher go now would be a massive mistake. He has shown in the past two games that he is a great ''keeper. Some of the stops he has made have been first class. I also firmly believe Green will leave in the summer, to whom? I couldn''t speculate. We already have a more than able replacement in Gallacher who a fee wouldn''t have to paid for and if no other ''keeper is brought in, there is Lewis waiting in the wings in reserve. Gallacher will be the number one at Carrow Road next season.

If Green gets a good showing in the world cup then maybe someone might come in for him.

If I remember correctly the goals that Crewe & Palace (or Cov) scored against us early this season were due, in-part, to Green''s error in getting the ball out too quickly so he isn''t without fault.

If we can get anything for Green, then sell him. Keep Gallacher, if he''ll stay, peresumably on Championship wages. There is little to lose, and he might continue to perform as he has so far. (He wouldn''t be the first player undervalued by the Manager!)The only slight doubt is that if we do receive anything for Greeno, it would presumably mean more in the Worthington War Chest, to prove that he is wonderful and the Board are marvellous! Given his track record for over two years now, I fear that it would be more money wasted.