Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

VOTE SPILLANE FOR PLAYER OF THE YEAR!

[quote user="Wayne Kerr"]And what has Spillane done to deserve this embarrasment?[/quote]

obviously not enough to get chosen for a match with quality proffesionals like Dickson Ertuhu and Andy hughes in teh side.

1 million quid for those two pillocks...

i think worthy''s youth policy has been okay actually. we need to remember that for every wayne rooney, there''s a francis jeffers, who gets damaged by hype and pressure at a young age. let the club decide when to play the youngsters, because we cannot possibly say. every player develops at their own pace.

anyway, its hardly as if the clubs ever said they''re not planning to ever play these players. they haven''t been given contracts for nothing.

Sillaine appears to be a bright prospect but why are people piling pressure on him in this way. Imagine how he feels amongst senior pro''s getting protest votes for POTS. Do the lad a favour and stop placing so much expectation on him.

[quote user="Justin Lee Collins - the messiah"]

ITS GOT TO BE DONE - SHOW YOUR''E DISGUST

[/quote]

HILARIOUS

Justin lee Collins is the least funny man on earth.   

I would like to see if Andrew Cave-Brown will given a chance, he was a quite good right-back/right wing-back

I totally agree LEAVE THE LAD ALONE he is a great prospect but he does not need all this stupid pressure on him.  Why not vote for someone like MACCA and embarass NW for leaving him out so often and let him know how much the fans luv him.

Kob,

"I think worthys youth policy is ok"

okay in what sense? not playing them?

how many games has henderson played in the last two season for the first team and how many times has he been played in his correct position.

hendo was an example used by many as a player who was thrown into the lions den too early and got stick from the crowd. he wasn''t really helped by the fact he was playing out of position was he? so who set him up for failure? i rest my case.

ryan jarvis - scored a cracker against Liverpool, did he play again? No. Next game he was dropped to play a swede who hadnt looked like scoring in any of his games with a head bandage on suffering from a head injury

IMHO the only reason why this debate exists is for two reasons:

1) we got badly beaten by the ipswich kids

2) we have players playing out of position with dubious quality

I personally think voting for McVeigh would be a sign of our disgust. It would show Worthy that the little man is a fans favourite and he should be guarateed a starting position! I think that would say more than voting for Spillane which doesn''t really say anything other than embarrassing the lad! 

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

[/quote]

yes. if they''re not ready. and many players aren''t at their age. as i said, rooney was an exception and not a rule.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

how many games has henderson played in the last two season for the first team and how many times has he been played in his correct position.

[/quote]

a fair point, but would you have played him in his natural position ahead of the ashton, mckenzie, svensson, huckerby, roberts et al.? i wouldn''t.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

ryan jarvis - scored a cracker against Liverpool, did he play again? No. Next game he was dropped to play a swede who hadnt looked like scoring in any of his games with a head bandage on suffering from a head injury

[/quote]

he didn''t get dropped as he hadn''t started that game. i do admit, it would have been nice to see him get a run, but time is still on his side, and to be honest we don''t really know how good he is.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"][quote user="ROSSI 46"]

[/quote]

yes. if they''re not ready. and many players aren''t at their age. as i said, rooney was an exception and not a rule.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

[/quote]

a fair point, but would you have played him in his natural position ahead of the ashton, mckenzie, svensson, huckerby, roberts et al.? i wouldn''t.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

[/quote]

he didn''t get dropped as he hadn''t started that game. i do admit, it would have been nice to see him get a run, but time is still on his side, and to be honest we don''t really know how good he is.

[/quote]

i take your points on board Kolin Kob and i think you have a fair point.

my only issue is that if they are not ready to be thrown into championship football or there are better players available then stick them out on loan. i guess this is one of the problems associated with such few squad numbers.

the other thing that makes me laugh is that there are a lot of posters on here talking about playing the kids, and one of worthington biggest criticisms is playing people out of position, but how many actually know the best positions of cave-brown, spillane, jarv (rossi) and so on?

oh and i nearly forget, there are ways of intergrating kids into teams without the need to play them every game. spillane was given "useful expereince" by travelling with the first team, but if you then take that away is there any incentive? does the whole thing become counter-productive. we all know what its like to be young and have the carrot dangled, but if its taken away when you''ve done nothing wrong,,,,,,