Posted (edited)

The above posts just confirm that these constant, fairly insignificant and ephemeral awards mean more to the supporters than even the players themselves.

They get a smile, trophy in hand for that photograph and then get back to the serious stuff, training.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Maybe not outlandish, but certainly one eyed. During that time he probably remained Wagner's first name on the team sheet.  To apportion significant blame on one player at a time key players were missing through injury and the system was struggling to cope would not seem like a coherent argument. The majority of fans see through this, a tiny minority do not.

I think it ls fairly straightforward....was he or was he not poor in that period if the season?

Can you bring yourself to say it?....and I'm the one being 'one-eyed' ?!

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I think it ls fairly straightforward....was he or was he not poor in that period if the season?

I'll say it. He was not poor in that period. 

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

1 hour ago, Year of the tiger said:

I'll say it. He was not poor in that period. 

No he wasn't poor, he continued to do his job in a difficult time for the team.

14 hours ago, AJ said:

The problem with these statistics are they don't cater for the pass that assists the assist, and quite often the pass that starts the move has come from Kenny. How many times has he played the ball into the channel for the cross that led to the goal, pinged it diagonally, or how many times has he sent Buendia, Sainz or Pukki through with a defence splitting pass for them to play the ball into someone else to score. Kenny is hugely underrated and I'm very pleased he's been recognised as this years player of the season. It is without doubt utterly deserved. Without Kenny we struggle to have a link between attack and defense.

The problem with this is it doesn't take into account the assist to the assist to the assist etc etc. Where does this end? Is it Jack Stacey who deserves the credit, or Ben Gibson or Angus Gunn? How far back do you go? I'm also not convinced the stats would play out that well in your example anyway.

A number 8 in high performing teams should have better numbers than he does. There really is no arguing that. It's just facts.

6 hours ago, Well b back said:

Nah, he’s getting it because people that go FCR and away games have voted for him in huge numbers, because he had a brilliant season.

All the more deserved for some of the abuse he has received over the last few seasons.

I'll admit I don't go to away games these days. However I do still watch those games and would still say that Sara is by far the more impressive player. Take the many goals and assists out of it they're still relatively similar, versatile players.

I don't deny Kenny has been a good servant for the club. He has been a good midfielder and around the beginning of this year was a brilliant LCB. But I haven't changed my mind that if we go up and he is still being picked in the starting line up in midfield we will come straight back down, no problem. However if he plays LCB, well the jury is out on that, I think that is his best position whilst he has been at the club. He could be next season's equivalent of Danny Baath - wins player of the season and hardly figures in the starting line up of his team the following year. 🤷‍♂️

Me, I'd have given it to Gunn. He has shown real consistency in the one position.

• Like 1