Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Happy St George's day

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Herman said:

If any of that was real you may have made a really interesting point.

Yeah, nobody ever chants "from the river to the sea" or wears the full balaclava keffiyeh at any of the ""protests"" huh?

In other news whats it like being blind and deaf?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Do some research on the fellow before sharing his nonsense in future please. Thanks. 👍

Do some research on whether what I claimed happened happened before trying to deflect from the substance of what's being shared. Thanks.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Herman said:

Do some research on the fellow before sharing his nonsense in future please. Thanks. 👍

Incidentally, here's the answer to a freedom of information request regarding injuries to police on the 14th October pro-Palestinian 'peaceful' protests.

https://www.met.police.uk/foi-ai/metropolitan-police/disclosure-2023/november-2023/officer-injuries-pro-palestinian-protest-14-10-2023/

Now we've addressed your deflection and established that fireworks have been fired at police and police been injured at pro-Palestine events, how is people carrying the national flag on the national saint's day worse in your universe?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Incidentally, here's the answer to a freedom of information request regarding injuries to police on the 14th October pro-Palestinian 'peaceful' protests.

https://www.met.police.uk/foi-ai/metropolitan-police/disclosure-2023/november-2023/officer-injuries-pro-palestinian-protest-14-10-2023/

Now we've addressed your deflection and established that fireworks have been fired at police and police been injured at pro-Palestine events, how is people carrying the national flag on the national saint's day worse in your universe?

Weren't they supposed to be there CELEBRATING St George's day? 

20 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

How about 'Glorious Revolution Day' - sometime in November/December.

You know the last time we had a coup and/or where successfully invaded / taken over - deposing a king? 1688/9

No it wasn't 1066...

It's interesting how few are the people who actually know anything about the Glorious Revolution. Yet it seems to me it is probably of the first importance in understanding the constitutional arrangement between the power of the head of state and parliament. Arguably, it is precisely because of the GR that the monarchy has survived to this very day. By accepting the authority of parliament over their own "sovereignty" William and Mary gave the monarchy a degree of legitimacy that remains to this day the only real argument for preserving with a monarch as head of state. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Great point. There was no good reason to even characterise it as a protest in the first place.

There was 45 minutes of footage of them uncut with no trouble whatsoever. What were the police expecting? Did they think they were going to start vandalising statues? The alleged expectation of the presence of 'far right groups' and 'football fans' was the grounds for treating it like intentional troublemakers. If they'd simply been left alone there would have been no trouble whatsoever. As it was, even with the police wading in mob-handed the 6 arrests were 4 people outside a pub and a drunk guy. Was anyone shouting 'death to Palestinians', 'death to Jews', 'death to whoever', 'carrying placards demanding 'foreigners should get sent home'? No; there was absolutely nothing whatsoever that could reasonably be construed as causing trouble, other than defying police preventing them going where they wanted to go for defying orders that there were no proper grounds for being there in the first place.

How come police don't tweet about the Palestinian protests the way they did these ones?

Where are the pre-emptive tweets from the police re pro-Palestine protests saying 'we believe there will be antisemites, people who support the idea of genocide against a recognised state, and people inciting other countries to go to war in the middle East among the crowd'? They could do; we all know they're in there! We've seen them for ourselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Yes HF. There were any number of the usual St. Georges days processions / celebrations (I alluded to my own experiences in years gone-by) but a few links illustrates the point - bands and all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-68869701

https://www.networknorwich.co.uk/Articles/548036/Network_Norwich_and_Norfolk/Regional_News/North_Norfolk/North_Norfolk_Archive/North_Norfolk_St_Georges_day_parade_and.aspx

As to the Robinson march - 

Trying to persuade normal people that that this was not a far right march but just normal 'patriotic' citizens is rather disingenuous to say the least. Even then - they were allowed a stage, Yaxley-Lennon and Laurence Fox speaking and only ran into trouble when they decided to march in areas not previously agreed with the police (i.e where other sane St Georges day parades where or people gathered).

If it was such an innocent 'march' one has only to wonder why the likes of Farage or Tice, Braverman even weren't part of it - quite likely they had far more sense and didn't wish to be tarred by the same brush as Robinson, Fox and the rabble. You can be judged by the friends you keep!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes HF. There were any number of the usual St. Georges days processions / celebrations (I alluded to my own experiences in years gone-by) but a few links illustrates the point - bands and all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-68869701

https://www.networknorwich.co.uk/Articles/548036/Network_Norwich_and_Norfolk/Regional_News/North_Norfolk/North_Norfolk_Archive/North_Norfolk_St_Georges_day_parade_and.aspx

As to the Robinson march - 

Trying to persuade normal people that that this was not a far right march but just normal 'patriotic' citizens is rather disingenuous to say the least. Even then - they were allowed a stage, Yaxley-Lennon and Laurence Fox speaking and only ran into trouble when they decided to march in areas not previously agreed with the police (i.e where other sane St Georges day parades where or people gathered).

If it was such an innocent 'march' one has only to wonder why the likes of Farage or Tice, Braverman even weren't part of it - quite likely they had far more sense and didn't wish to be tarred by the same brush as Robinson, Fox and the rabble. You can be judged by the friends you keep!

That's what you call it, and you call it that because Tommy Robinson and a few others who are considered far right were there, not even because they're actually guilty of anything. There were also plenty of ordinary people in there supporting it like the guy recording it for 45 minutes uncut with no trouble at all.

So by your logic, isn't it disingenuous to describe the massive protests around the UK where we've seen fireworks fired at police, police spat at, police injured, placards and chants calling for the annihilation of Israel, demonstrations outside the Egyptian embassy calling for it to go to war with Israel, on what grounds isn't it disingenuous to call them 'peaceful pro-Palestinian protests' rather than hate marches, which  also represent a much more tangible threat to a minority than yesterday's rally? Why aren't all the other marchers not actively spreading messages of hate in the so-called Pro-Palestinian crowds being judged by the friends they keep?

'Far right' is coming to just mean 'stuff the left doesn't like'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Oh dear...... 

Appreciate it's somewhat edited for effect but it a bit cruel to out these types this way.

9 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Appreciate it's somewhat edited for effect but it a bit cruel to out these types this way.

I must admit I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's what you call it, and you call it that because Tommy Robinson and a few others who are considered far right were there, not even because they're actually guilty of anything. There were also plenty of ordinary people in there supporting it like the guy recording it for 45 minutes uncut with no trouble at all.

So by your logic, isn't it disingenuous to describe the massive protests around the UK where we've seen fireworks fired at police, police spat at, police injured, placards and chants calling for the annihilation of Israel, demonstrations outside the Egyptian embassy calling for it to go to war with Israel, on what grounds isn't it disingenuous to call them 'peaceful pro-Palestinian protests' rather than hate marches, which  also represent a much more tangible threat to a minority than yesterday's rally? Why aren't all the other marchers not actively spreading messages of hate in the so-called Pro-Palestinian crowds being judged by the friends they keep?

'Far right' is coming to just mean 'stuff the left doesn't like'.

Oh dear - The much much larger pro-Palestinian marches have been discussed elsewhere endlessly - a huge raft of people (tens to hundreds of thousands) - from differing backgrounds, races, politics, indeed religions including Jews. Yes of course there were/are some unpleasant types amongst them which the police should and indeed do arrest. The vast vast majority are however peaceful. 

However 'Hate Marches' is clearly a rabid label only applied to them by those who aren't the full shilling, apologists for Israel or on the more extreme right largely for s h it stirring political purposes. 

The 'Nationalist' St. Georges day march was peaceful too - the Police let them get to with it until some decided to look for trouble.

Nothing to see here. Business as usual which is why it's dropped out the news.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I was wondering if I could identify anybody?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

I was wondering if I could identify anybody?

Birdie's mum? 😁

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Coffee or tea? 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

However 'Hate Marches' is clearly a rabid label only applied to them by those who aren't the full shilling, apologists for Israel or on the more extreme right largely for s h it stirring political purposes. 

I really don't see why the attitude branding people with George crosses shouldn't be considered any less rabid. You're singling out a minority in there that you deem to have unacceptable views and using them to characterise the whole thing; the vast majority there were also peaceful. six arrests and no police injuries.

You can't have your cake and eat it: Either small minorities behaving badly should acceptably be allowed to tar everyone with the same brush or not. Take your pick, just don't pick and choose  as opposed to whether you sympathise with them or not.

If you insist on demonising people just for carrying George crosses at a rally then it's fair enough to characterise the pro-Palestinian movement as a hate movement for the extremists that all of them tolerate circulating among the majority, where said minority openly demonstrate antisemitic views towards Jews and genocidal sentiments towards Israel.

The Sarah Everest protests happened during a pandemic with very good reasons not to have people on the streets, but ultimately nothing any worse than anything that that happened on April 23rd. When all's said and done, the George cross rally caused absolutely no trouble beyond the mildest civil disobedience imaginable, that's part and parcel of all protest .If you're going to condemn that as particularly heinous for no good reason then you're putting the defence of all protest on very thin ice.

5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Dylan, these are the working çlass people that your Labour Party wants their vote. Don't you think mocking them is not a good idea?

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Dylan, these are the working çlass people that your Labour Party wants their vote. Don't you think mocking them is not a good idea?

If you're after people like that's vote then your party is in trouble. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Apparently this is the incident that led to 4 being arrested at a pub, where it appears to kick off with a police officer taking a run up attacking a guy who appears to be just standing there. No apparent violence until the police officer piled in.

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Apparently this is the incident that led to 4 being arrested at a pub, where it appears to kick off with a police officer taking a run up attacking a guy who appears to be just standing there.

In order to defend Tommy Robinson you have become Tommy Robinson.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

In order to defend Tommy Robinson you have become Tommy Robinson.

You know there's only one of him, don't you? He's not actually cloned or anything. The percentage of that rally that's Tommy Robinson is quite small.

As I suggested to YF, if you're going to make judgements on all of them based on Tommy Robinson then it's fair enough to make judgements on those Pro-Palestinian protesters who have among them people who openly spout Jew hate and call for the annihilation of Israel who you folk are far quieter about than Tommy Robinson, who has never made any noises that extreme.

3 hours ago, Herman said:

If you're after people like that's vote then your party is in trouble. 

You are Emily Thornberry and I claim my £10.

• Haha 1