Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

EFL TV money

The attached is interesting plus goes on to say that Clubs receive £75,000 for each televised game.

20240417_094616.jpg

Is this not part of the new deal struck eleven months ago in May 2023 so why bring it up now as previous TV income and EFL payments show in the accounts ?

Posted (edited)

£75,000 for a televised game?....That'll probably just about cover an average team an' klingon's weekend away game costs.....

image.jpeg.18e6005924c0dea37627a6cebcce5def.jpeg  plus image.jpeg.954acb0ad35b4603b30a8b6681612e9e.jpeg 

and not forgetting...image.jpeg.8aca5567e4b586cac2e576f8390797c9.jpeg....Oh....an' some other stuff....

image.jpeg.877d4576f6cd4ac0db62f6311dff33fc.jpeg...."Chin up!"...."and now the other one two"..... image.jpeg.7582079ef6c755a2a46030a194403fa5.jpeg

Edited by Mello Yello

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

The attached is interesting plus goes on to say that Clubs receive £75,000 for each televised game.

It is widely reported that the Home side gets a substantially bigger fee for live games than the visitors, so your Sunderland Echo figure ("£75,000 to both home & away") is unlikely to be accurate.

If you had looked at the 2018/19 accounts you would have seen that Non-PL tv income was around £8.4m.

From August 2024 the new EFL tv deal is "a 50% increase on the value of the current rights agreement", but the split of cash among the clubs is unlikely to guarantee that all will benefit to the same percentage.

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

If you're an obsessive accountant like Kevin anything concerning money is pretty orgasmic.

I think that football finance is very interesting too - but point made by the OP is not "news."

On 17/04/2024 at 13:01, NewNestCarrow said:

It is widely reported that the Home side gets a substantially bigger fee for live games than the visitors, so your Sunderland Echo figure ("£75,000 to both home & away") is unlikely to be accurate.

If you had looked at the 2018/19 accounts you would have seen that Non-PL tv income was around £8.4m.

From August 2024 the new EFL tv deal is "a 50% increase on the value of the current rights agreement", but the split of cash among the clubs is unlikely to guarantee that all will benefit to the same percentage.

Not sure where you get your 2018/19 figure from since the entry in that year's accounts (from doubtless a slightly lower price base) was £9.351 million.

It would be interesting to know how the new EFL shakes down relative to the loss of Canaries TV.

35 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Not sure where you get your 2018/19 figure from since the entry in that year's accounts (from doubtless a slightly lower price base) was £9.351 million.

It would be interesting to know how the new EFL shakes down relative to the loss of Canaries TV.

£8.4m (base sum) + live games fees = £9.351m

My point was that the figure for non-PL tv income is hardly newsworthy.

58 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

My point was that the figure for non-PL tv income is hardly newsworthy.

Unless of course you have an agenda to pursue.

58 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Unless of course you have an agenda to pursue.

With 60% of Championship matches on Sky next season, more people may decide to watch at home.

Posted (edited)
On 17/04/2024 at 13:01, NewNestCarrow said:

I've just tried to verify this figure and £75000 is actually the fee that Rugby Championship clubs will get next year from the broadcaster Premier Sports to screen rugby games. I think Essex Canary and/or Sunderland Echo might have their wires crossed completely.

rugby.JPG.00a65847a5e47a78439dc377446b440d.JPG

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe

1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I've just tried to verify this figure and £75000 is actually the fee that Rugby Championship clubs will get next year from the broadcaster Premier Sports to screen rugby games. I think Essex Canary and/or Sunderland Echo might have their wires crossed completely.

Forever trying to fit a square argument into a round hole

On 17/04/2024 at 09:48, essex canary said:

20240417_094616.jpg

the only thing interesting is the shocking standard of writing..

2 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

It is of little consequence since it is clear that revenue from existing EFL contracts works out at around £1 million per year for a Clubs such as NCFC and Sunderland.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

It is of little consequence since it is clear that revenue from existing EFL contracts works out at around £1 million per year for a Clubs such as NCFC and Sunderland.

Do I need to explain that Rugby and Football are different sports Essex?

23 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Do I need to explain that Rugby and Football are different sports Essex?

I know nothing about the finances of Rugby other than that some of their Clubs that have gone bust recently have done so with far more modest debt than NCFC currently have.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, essex canary said:

I know nothing about the finances of Rugby other than that some of their Clubs that have gone bust recently have done so with far more modest debt than NCFC currently have.

Have we external debt then that could cause us to go bust ?

Edited by TIL 1010

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Have we external debt then that could cause us to go bust ?

Put it this way. The Government - daft though they are - want to see viable going concern sports clubs. Following the demise of Rugby Club's such as Worcester (probably equivalent to the likes of Peterborough in football terms) the DCMS will be in high alert which is doubtless why the EFL is taking an eternity re our approval.