Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Labour crying about the Union Flag again..

Posted (edited)

Imagine crying this much over a flag. You're probably about to win the biggest victory your party has won in decades and you're crying over a flag. God, Labour just loves to eat themselves don't they? Does nobody remember 20 odd years ago when Labour loved the Union Flag and had it everywhere? How times change.

Then again I guess that the Union Flag is not the EU, Ukraine, Scotland or LGBT flag so it's not as cool to put in their Twitter bios I suppose.. No offense intended Dylan 😉

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/30/starmer-faces-discontent-as-labour-mps-criticise-election-flyers-union-jacks

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Imagine crying this much over a flag. You're probably about to win the biggest victory your party has won in decades and you're crying over a flag. God, Labour just loves to eat themselves don't they? Does nobody remember 20 odd years ago when Labour loved the Union Flag and had it everywhere? How times change.

Then again I guess that the Union Flag is not the EU, Ukraine, Scotland or LGBT flag so it's not as cool to put in their Twitter bios I suppose.. No offense intended Dylan 😉

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/30/starmer-faces-discontent-as-labour-mps-criticise-election-flyers-union-jacks

Sadly that just demonstrates the widespread loathing of the UK within the activist left and certain ethnic groups, although I think we already knew that.

It does look a bit BNP when you first see it sitting on your mat to be fair. 

53 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not at all clear why you think I would take offence to your post 🤔

It does look a bit BNP-esque BUT what better way to reclaim it? After all, if the swastika can be perverted from being a Hindu symbol of good luck to being much more nefarious then what better way of reclaiming a symbol than for something much more reasonable and somewhat centrist?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Not at all clear why you think I would take offence to your post 🤔

Just a joke about your profile picture don't worry about it, all in good humour

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just a joke about your profile picture don't worry about it, all in good humour

Ohhh.... 

Posted (edited)

“has the potential to repel parts of Labour’s core voter base.”

What part of the voter base is repelled by the sight of the national flag? Even if they are, why should that be a concern for Labour? This is a perfect time to cut idiots like that adrift. They have an unassailable lead so you won’t get a better opportunity to purge the extremes who are constantly generating bad headlines such as this that cast the party in a bad light amongst the bulk of the electorate 

Edited by Fen Canary
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

“has the potential to repel parts of Labour’s core voter base.”

What part of the voter base is repelled by the sight of the national flag? Even if they are, why should that be a concern for Labour? This is a perfect time to cut idiots like that adrift. They have an unassailable lead so you won’t get a better opportunity to purge the extremes who are constantly generating bad headlines such as this that cast the party in a bad light amongst the bulk of the electorate 

They associate the flag with the people who wanted to beat them up, who said they should go back to where they came from and the people who put dog sh!t through their letter boxes. The people who did those things usually carried the union flag & the cross of St. George.

30 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

They associate the flag with the people who wanted to beat them up, who said they should go back to where they came from and the people who put dog sh!t through their letter boxes. The people who did those things usually carried the union flag & the cross of St. George.

So the rest of society shouldn’t fly it? Our major political parties shouldn’t associate themselves with it, just because a few racists flew it decades ago?

If some people can’t differentiate between the nations flag and some skinheads then that’s their problem as far as I’m concerned. It’s no different to those that link every woman who wears a hijab with Islamist terrorism. 

• Like 1

It’s no different to those that link every woman who wears a hijab with Islamist terrorism. 

The ones on here that do that are the ones that defend the flag the most.

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

It’s no different to those that link every woman who wears a hijab with Islamist terrorism. 

The ones on here that do that are the ones that defend the flag the most.

So are you saying they’re right to do so? If you imply that it’s understandable for ethnic minorities to feel uncomfortable of the nations flag due to the actions of some skinheads, is it also ok for people to be uncomfortable with displays of the Islamic faith due to the atrocities carried out in this country by those that claim to follow that religion?

Personally I think being “triggered” by a flag or a headdress is rather pathetic. If the sight of a nations flag upsets you then it’s probably best to move to another where you’re unlikely to come across it

6 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

So are you saying they’re right to do so? If you imply that it’s understandable for ethnic minorities to feel uncomfortable of the nations flag due to the actions of some skinheads, is it also ok for people to be uncomfortable with displays of the Islamic faith due to the atrocities carried out in this country by those that claim to follow that religion?

Personally I think being “triggered” by a flag or a headdress is rather pathetic. If the sight of a nations flag upsets you then it’s probably best to move to another where you’re unlikely to come across it

If you think it's just the actions of 'some skinheads' then you're a bit misguided.

On 30/03/2024 at 10:37, cambridgeshire canary said:

God, Labour just loves to eat themselves don't they?

Six months to an election.  Too long for the angry and self important voices on the radical fringes to stfu, and long enough to allow them to sink the ship.

5 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

If you think it's just the actions of 'some skinheads' then you're a bit misguided.

You don’t attempt to answer my question though. What’s the difference between ethnic minorities being uncomfortable around the flag (for the record, I doubt any ethnic minorities give a hoot about the flag and this is just another case of some white middle class Guardian types looking for offence on behalf of others) due to them associating it with the far right, and others being uncomfortable with any visual display of the Muslim faith due to them associating it with the terrorist attacks of the last 20 years? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

You don’t attempt to answer my question though. What’s the difference between ethnic minorities being uncomfortable around the flag (for the record, I doubt any ethnic minorities give a hoot about the flag and this is just another case of some white middle class Guardian types looking for offence on behalf of others) due to them associating it with the far right, and others being uncomfortable with any visual display of the Muslim faith due to them associating it with the terrorist attacks of the last 20 years? 

Oh don't worry, ALOS never answers any questions from those who challenge him. I've been trying to get an answer to my questions for months, but instead get unsubstantiated accusations with no proof rather than a response. 

He's either a half-wit or a troll. I just wish he would answer peoples questions so it is apparent, because by dodging them I assume he is the former.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe