They spent a lot of money on the ground and improving other related things.

While they’ve undoubtedly bought their way out of the division, that money wasn’t all on the playing squad.

Even rich Hollywood types aren't rich enough to own a football club, ridiculous really.

£9m in debt to the owners, what a celebration for the game.

Impressive revenue though, is that through the merch they sell on the back of having hollywood owners?

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

£9m in debt to the owners, what a celebration for the game.

Impressive revenue though, is that through the merch they sell on the back of having hollywood owners?

I'm sure another Netflix documentary will be out soon..

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm sure another Netflix documentary will be out soon..

Think it's Disney +, but they might need a Netflix one as well by the sound of it.

Ha ha the program lost me when the bloke who isn’t Ryan Reynolds said it was the greatest sporting underdog story of all time. Yet in the next scene they were poaching players from league one!

6 hours ago, Monty13 said:

They spent a lot of money on the ground and improving other related things.

While they’ve undoubtedly bought their way out of the division, that money wasn’t all on the playing squad.

That's not strictly true. The new kop is being rebuilt ATM and they were looking to finance that with public money, but despite pandering to many Tory hangers on (Rhys-Mogg et al) they didn't get the grants, and had to rely on private finance.

What the owners have done well is the whole "hearts and minds" thing, as they support many local charities and businesses, and bring the Hollywood stars in to the town (which is now a city). 

When Chelsea/Newcastle or man city just throw money about people don't like it but because its two film stars people love them. I'm curious to know what the owners and fans of most lower league clubs actually think of them cheating their way to success. I doubt they re particularly popular for distorting the finances so much!

Premier league inside the decade. Sky are probably making the “Hi I’m Ryan Reynolds this is me this is my voice this is my monotone voice, don’t you like the voice? Isn’t the voice funny time to stop the voice now here we go now stop voice time in 3,2,1 by the way I’m Deadpool in the movies went that a zany wacky character a lot like myself and it’s stop time” advert as we speak