Sign in to follow this  
A K Narey

Recent Gigs You Have Attended

21 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

They really are 👍

They made Ally Pally rock which is a hard thing to do normally. 😁

• Like 1

I don't go to that many but saw The Stranglers a couple of weeks back at Cambridge Corno, still great live.

Before that it was PiL at the UEA, not sure if I enjoyed them or not.

Last Feb I saw Inhaler at UEA. I was probably the oldest there but they were pretty good tbh.

• Like 1

Got a nice little list this year: 

Download Festival - 14th - 16th June

Foo Fighters - 20th June

AC/DC - 07th July

Bruce Springsteen - 27th July 

Libertines - October 4th

• Like 2

I don't normally do non-football, but thought I'd join this thread as this Derby weekend I'm taking my mind off the match by gigging (well actually there's nothing new about that - as you will see).

Tonight it is a gig to launch the first album by a band called Hexe, at the Hallamshire Hotel. The bassist just happens to be the bassist in my 80's band, now playing in his sons band. Life goes around!

(5) HEXE | Facebook

Tomorrow, it is W H Lung at the Sidney & Matilda. I hope it'll be a real celebration evening.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't go to that many but saw The Stranglers a couple of weeks back at Cambridge Corno, still great live.

Before that it was PiL at the UEA, not sure if I enjoyed them or not.

Last Feb I saw Inhaler at UEA. I was probably the oldest there but they were pretty good tbh.

I'm a huge Pistols fan, and not having ever seen PIL before, thought I'd give this one a go.

I was suitably unimpressed. I was secretly hoping for a Pistols song, even though I knew there was no chance of one...

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow

And supporting Hawkwind were the rather wonderful Solstice.  An uplifting fusion of prog/folk/funk/rock, they’re truly excellent.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I'm a huge Pistols fan, and not having ever seen PIL before, thought I'd give this one a go.

I was suitably unimpressed. I was secretly hoping for a Pistols song, even though I knew there was no chance of one...

I thought about going but decided not to for the same reasons. A bit like when Weller plays an old Jam song, it's always a bit disappointing 

On 28/03/2024 at 12:28, Naturalcynic said:

Off to see Hawkwind next Thursday.  Probably my last opportunity considering Dave Brock is in his eighties.

Heavens!, Hawkwind (not one of mine but even so...) still going?! My last gig was Van Morrison a year or two ago.