A good insight. Holty maybe too dominant, but given Sara said he struggled with English when he first arrived he's picked up the language brilliantly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

A good insight. Holty maybe too dominant, but given Sara said he struggled with English when he first arrived he's picked up the language brilliantly. 

Top Man he is .

9 hours ago, Satriales said:

Sara's English is great, but I'm surprised he can understand Holty!

Would struggle more with Gary Holt 

13 hours ago, shefcanary said:

given Sara said he struggled with English when he first arrived he's picked up the language brilliantly. 

Yes, very impressive. There's still hope for Holty, hope he can pick up some English one day.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

Would struggle more with Gary Holt 

I doubt anyone can understand Kenny, either. 

16 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Really does feel like Sara has been learning English on the side, he's done very well

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Really does feel like Sara has been learning English on the side, he's done very well

Incredible. Wish I could pick up a language that fast! He's also picked up a classic footballer phrase "to be fair" as well. He'll be onto "as I said" next.

Posted (edited)

I will never quite understand why a Brazilian would be so seemingly content to settle in the UK considering the total climate difference.

Of course there is the massive money factor, but there must be other things to make them so readily embrace the English life-style.

But then, I am getting on and chose to escape the cold and I have never been to Brazil.

Sara seems as totally committed to his lifestyle here as he does on the field when playing for NCFC.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I will never quite understand why a Brazilian would be so seemingly content to settle in the UK considering the total climate difference.

Of course there is the massive money factor, but there must be other things to make them so readily embrace the English life-style.

But then, I am getting on and chose to escape the cold and I have never been to Brazil.

Sara seems as totally committed to his lifestyle here as he does on the field when playing for NCFC.

Safety and relative political stability. 

I know several Brazilians in the UK, are wouldn't return to Brazil because of the murders, kidnaps, and racist police who shoot indiscriminately in the favelas. 

For a footballer, kidnap for ransom of yourself or immediate family has to be a big one. 

You are 21 times more likely to be murdered in Brazil than in the UK. You are more likely to be murdered in Brazil then you are in Iraq, South Sudan, and well all but 18 of the countries in the world. It is one of the most dangerous countries on the planet.

Swapping a bit of sunshine for some overcast days seems to small price to pay?

I suspect he'll be seeking to bring his parents and any siblings to Europe when financially able to do so, not necessarily to England but possibly Portugal which due to the language is the prefferred destination for Brazilians.

Gangs trying to kidnap footballers relatives in Brazil are as common as the Rolex snatchers in London.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found his reaction to playing against Liverpool interesting - & heartening.

He said it really made him want to play in the PL, no mention of being humiliated or made to feel inadequate. He seemed to imply this was how the players felt in general; complete contrast to the many scaredy-cats on here who quake in their boots at the prospect of our often losing (sometimes badly) against the best teams. It clearly inspired him to give promotion his best shot, & I think it may have inspired a few others too.

Footballers are people, & just as anxious to prove themselves as someone to be proud of as the rest of us. As they both said, if we get into the play-offs we have the players to cause a real upset, & Gabby for one is relishing the prospect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

I found his reaction to playing against Liverpool interesting - & heartening.

He said it really made him want to play in the PL, no mention of being humiliated or made to feel inadequate. He seemed to imply this was how the players felt in general; complete contrast to the many scaredy-cats on here who quake in their boots at the prospect of our often losing (sometimes badly) against the best teams. It clearly inspired him to give promotion his best shot, & I think it may have inspired a few others too.

Footballers are people, & just as anxious to prove themselves as someone to be proud of as the rest of us. As they both said, if we get into the play-offs we have the players to cause a real upset, & Gabby for one is relishing the prospect.

To be fair you'll be hard pressed to find many players that would say they would not enjoy playing at Anfield with a full crowd even if they lose.

Well maybe not United players..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary