Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Jacob Murphy goal

Posters complain about our defending, but I’m not sure Chelsea or Newcastle are much better.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Posters complain about our defending, but I’m not sure Chelsea or Newcastle are much better.

But they are playing Newcastle and Chelsea. 

59 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Meanwhile his brother is at Oxford.. Did anyone predict the different ways their careers have gone?

At the outset I remember the feeling was Jacob was the more talented. If there is a surprise it is that despite the players Newcastle have brought in he is still an important member of their squad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

At the outset I remember the feeling was Jacob was the more talented. If there is a surprise it is that despite the players Newcastle have brought in he is still an important member of their squad.

Hi Purple, going back a few years I used to watch a lot of the youngsters games and although Josh 'made the grade' first, I too thought Jacob was the better player, as did quite a few of the youngsters of the same age group who used to reside with us at the time.  Having said that I have been wrong on more than one occasion!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ray said:

Having said that I have been wrong on more than one occasion!!

Don't worry, I said that Mikey Johnston would be an appalling signing about 6 weeks ago.

6 goals and 1 assist in his first 8 games for West Brom. I just hope that the Knappster didn't read this forum before changing his mind!

Posted (edited)
On 12/03/2024 at 10:25, cambridgeshire canary said:

Meanwhile his brother is at Oxford.. Did anyone predict the different ways their careers have gone?

I always thought Jacob looked better when he played personally, which I know at the time back then was not the popular opinion. However I didn’t think he looked that much better.

I’m far more surprised by the gap between them than Jacob being the more successful.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 1