Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Hodgson stepping down

Looks like Roy has stepped down - I guess it made sense.  Oddly, I found out via email from CPFC, I clearly need to update all the websites I’m linked to!! 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Palace already have Oliver Glasner lined up, the German press are a bit perplexed he is going there as his managed both Wolfsburg & Frankfurt in the Champions league and they class Crystal Palace as a small club.

4 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Palace already have Oliver Glasner lined up, the German press are a bit perplexed he is going there as his managed both Wolfsburg & Frankfurt in the Champions league and they class Crystal Palace as a small club.

I imagine he'll get paid more at Palace. 

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Definitely sacked, but they've allowed him to retire with dignity.

At least he'll get a payout.

15 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Definitely sacked, but they've allowed him to retire with dignity.

Least he's deserved to be fair. No-one would begrudge Hodgson a deserved retirement and let's hope these health issues resolve themselves soon.

2 hours ago, overthebordercanary said:

Suppose it's one where he's got nothing to lose really.

Does well at Palace and might get a better Prem job (or just enjoy his time at Palace).

Struggle at Palace and he'll still have credit in the bank in Germany.

A shame that Palace couldn’t convince McKenna to leave Portaloo. By all accounts they tried. Clearly not willing to wait until summer. Assuming (god forbid) they don’t go up. 

Poor Roy deserved better than getting sacked in the hospital. 

In today's least surprising news. Everton 0-0 crystal palace. 2 dull average teams due a spell in the second tier. They've done little of note since I started watching football. An fa cup win for Everton in the 90s. A final appearance for palace a few years ago where they got hammered if I remember. They also both have **** hole grounds I vowed I'd never go to again! 

7 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Poor Roy deserved better than getting sacked in the hospital. 

In today's least surprising news. Everton 0-0 crystal palace. 2 dull average teams due a spell in the second tier. They've done little of note since I started watching football. An fa cup win for Everton in the 90s. A final appearance for palace a few years ago where they got hammered if I remember. They also both have **** hole grounds I vowed I'd never go to again! 

Palace players now having to impress the new boss have gone 1-0 up.

• Thanks 1

Never forgave Hodgson for not picking Holty for the Euros in 2012, Rooney was banned for the first 2 games and Holt was the next highest scorer in the Premiership that season, 17 I think, instead he took Andy Carroll who had scored 5 and spent most of the season on the bench at Anfield..... unsurprisingly we never got out of the group.

2 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Never forgave Hodgson for not picking Holty for the Euros in 2012, Rooney was banned for the first 2 games and Holt was the next highest scorer in the Premiership that season, 17 I think, instead he took Andy Carroll who had scored 5 and spent most of the season on the bench at Anfield..... unsurprisingly we never got out of the group.

This always irks me too. Poor Grant was hard done by, but the days of international squads being picked on merit are long gone sadly

• Like 1