Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Emmanuel Adegboyega

Has the academy changed things around ? After years of producing goalies, then defenders we now have a number of excellent strikers coming through.

This young fellow needs to be on the first team bench as son as possible - that's where you learn your trade, it appears.

Just now, RobJames said:

Has the academy changed things around ? After years of producing goalies, then defenders we now have a number of excellent strikers coming through.

This young fellow needs to be on the first team bench as son as possible - that's where you learn your trade, it appears.

Adegboyega is a defender. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Adegboyega is a defender. 

He is indeed, and I'm still trying to work out if it's a positive that we have 4 centre backs potentially looking for a first team spot next season. 

Just now, Mason 47 said:

He is indeed, and I'm still trying to work out if it's a positive that we have 4 centre backs potentially looking for a first team spot next season. 

Assuming we're still in the Championship we could need two of them to be stepping up. Seems certain that Baath will be off and a fair chance that Gibson will be too.

Whatever happens it can only be good for them to be getting experience of competitive mens football. Tomkinson, Warner and Hills all started today (Adegboyega actually came on at half time for Walsall). 

Hills managed to get himself sent off mind. 

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Assuming we're still in the Championship we could need two of them to be stepping up. Seems certain that Baath will be off and a fair chance that Gibson will be too.

Whatever happens it can only be good for them to be getting experience of competitive mens football. Tomkinson, Warner and Hills all started today (Adegboyega actually came on at half time for Walsall). 

Hills managed to get himself sent off mind. 

Warner is the real Deal 

5 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Warner is the real Deal 

I believe behind the scenes Adegboyega is rated even higher. Bigger, stronger and possibly even better passing. 

3 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

I believe behind the scenes Adegboyega is rated even higher. Bigger, stronger and possibly even better passing. 

Yes from what I’ve seen he has the physical attributes to be a top, top player. I’ve been disappointed he’s not got more game time at Walsall so far 

At this rate I look forward to Wagners revolutionary 6-centre-back formation that takes the league by storm next year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Scored again tonight. 3rd goal for Walsall in a 3-0 win (clean sheet as well of course). 

Against his club colleague Archie Mair

7 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Scored again tonight. 3rd goal for Walsall in a 3-0 win (clean sheet as well of course). 

Cash that in!!

Went ground hopping yesterday, Harrogate v Walsall. Adeboyega is a big old unit which means he can compete physically with men down in league 2. He's a bit rough around the edges and played on the right of a back 3, did pretty well and would probably benefit from another loan in league 1 next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1