11 hours ago, chicken said:

First of all, he's still our player. Nothing you have said alters that. You've tried, badly, to create a false logic to it. You tried to be 'that person' to one up others but there is no technicality that alters he is our player. If he gets injured he comes back to us. We receive a loan fee for him. We hold his registration.

Secondly, 'to all' was in response to anyone getting silly about this. If you weren't, doesn't apply to you does it?

I'm not 'trying' to apply any kind of logic, false or otherwise. It's how I see the situation; I perceive this loan as being a precursor to the club cutting their losses with Idah and his bizarrely over-long contract. I think he's probably run out of chances to be compatible here and this loan is more a way to drive up wider interest for a sale in the summer. 'Oooh he's scored a few for Celtic, let's give Nodge a few million for him'.  That's why I'd consider him to be nothing more than an 'asset' now. 

If I'm proven wrong in the summer, fair enough, I'll eat all the humble pie. 

You should chill out a bit - you do come across as a rather angry & judgemental chicken sometimes. 

Just now, mastoola said:

Just a prediction   comes back at the end of the season with no offers 

TBF,  this is quite possibly the most likely eventuality! 😬

7 minutes ago, mrdi said:

I'm not 'trying' to apply any kind of logic, false or otherwise. It's how I see the situation; I perceive this loan as being a precursor to the club cutting their losses with Idah and his bizarrely over-long contract. I think he's probably run out of chances to be compatible here and this loan is more a way to drive up wider interest for a sale in the summer. 'Oooh he's scored a few for Celtic, let's give Nodge a few million for him'.  That's why I'd consider him to be nothing more than an 'asset' now. 

You should chill out a bit - you do come across as a rather angry & judgemental chicken sometimes. 

All irrelevant. You can't say a player isn't 'technically' our player because you don't think he'll be here come the summer... bizarre.

Not angry at all. Just call it as I see it.

It's absolutely OK to have the opinion he may be gone in the summer. Just irrelevant to a statement about now.

Wagner has also suggested otherwise hasn't he?

18 minutes ago, chicken said:

All irrelevant. You can't say a player isn't 'technically' our player because you don't think he'll be here come the summer... bizarre.

It's absolutely OK to have the opinion he may be gone in the summer. Just irrelevant to a statement about now.

Glad you're not angry. Neither am I. Very tired, though. 

Maybe there's too much repeated emphasis on the word 'technically' from my previous-previous post: perhaps from a personal standpoint 'emotionally' might have been a more accurate word. Or is that even more... bizarre? What I mean there, is the emotional energy we give the players in yellow. Idah's elsewhere now. I'm not investing myself into Celtic's fortunes, for sure. 

A sizeable percentage of message board chat is speculation, predictions, hopes, expectations, etc. So I don't think it's irrelevant or out of place at all. 

To be honest, I haven't been keeping up to speed with Wagner's comments in the last week or so. But it'd be no surprise had he said Adam has a future here - I don't think it'd go down too well had he opined that Idah's rubbish and that Celtic are just doing us a babysitting favour for a few months. 

Edited by mrdi

wouldnt mind him doing well but Celtic I couldnt care less about no way in gods green earth do I ever want them to win anything

I still think that old Doodah will end up in L.1 with Peterborough and become 'seasoned' at about 28/29 whereby he might be sought after by a then mid-table Chumps club, like ITFC. 

I doubt the Celtic experience will prove much either way, which has been the pattern of his City career. 

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paul101 said:

wouldnt mind him doing well but Celtic I couldnt care less about no way in gods green earth do I ever want them to win anything

I hope he scores a hat trick every game, but Celtic win nothing 

• Like 1

On 08/02/2024 at 00:29, mrdi said:

I don’t think it can count as scapegoating when Idah’s technically not a Norwich player at the moment. 

It seems to me that the Celtic fans are simply seeing what we’ve seen ourselves ad nauseam; that Idah is a player of a perpetual false dawns & ultimate frustrations. I hope he does well at Celtic purely because I want them to take him permanently, so we can move on from the cycle of expiry-immune ‘potential’ and make ours a team of actual realisation. 

Genuinely, well done to him for his two penalties tonight, the winner was loaded with pressure and he dealt with it well. But other than those two moments, it was very much a performance we’ve seen many times before and been infuriated by. At least tonight, I didn’t care. 

On 08/02/2024 at 12:59, chicken said:

Sorry, but Idah 'is technically' a Norwich player at the moment. We own him. He's our player. He might not be playing for us right now, but he's still our player. No technically about it.

To all - we should all be willing him every success, even if you don't rate him. He does well, his value increases, and potentially we get a more confident, more improved player back. Worse case scenario, more potential suitors.

Get off the whinge wagon and stop dredging for Internet trolls. Glasgow has it's fair number of them.

On 08/02/2024 at 20:18, mrdi said:

Sorry, but while Idah is still on our asset register, he’s currently playing for and representing Celtic. Norwich asset, Celtic player. 

I’ve already said I want him to do well and why. Far from being a ‘whinger’; I’m actually quite happy about the current situation, thanks. 

19 hours ago, chicken said:

First of all, he's still our player. Nothing you have said alters that. You've tried, badly, to create a false logic to it. You tried to be 'that person' to one up others but there is no technicality that alters he is our player. If he gets injured he comes back to us. We receive a loan fee for him. We hold his registration.

Secondly, 'to all' was in response to anyone getting silly about this. If you weren't, doesn't apply to you does it?

8 hours ago, mrdi said:

8 hours ago, chicken said:

IMG_0089.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 07/02/2024 at 22:49, crab man said:

MOM with 8 touches in the first half. Laughable. 

The standard of Scottish football is horrendous.

Ross county manager Derek Adams recently claimed his former club Morecambe were 100 times better, and they are league 2 ! 

If he doesn't score a hat full up there he doesn't deserve to come back. And Derek Adams is a clown , look where his team are in the league . Imagine talking about standard in the English championship

Well he didn’t score today and played for an hour - he’s getting good minutes for them.  Despite there being no sell-on clause to the loan, it’s inevitable that there’ll be transfer talk should it continue to go well.