Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Omobamidele

Starting his fifth game in a row today and I've seen Forest fans saying he's been one of their best players.

I'm pleased for the lad after a rough start, plus better chance of us getting our add on fees too. Let's hope he keeps it up.

• Like 13

He’s going to be a top player, it’s a shame we were basically forced to sell him to anyone interested, he would have been immense for us this season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

He’s going to be a top player, it’s a shame we were basically forced to sell him to anyone interested, he would have been immense for us this season.

there was no evidence to back that up at all last season he was no better than anyone else

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul101 said:

there was no evidence to back that up at all last season he was no better than anyone else

This is true.

4 hours ago, Paul101 said:

Last season maybe not, but before his back injury he didn't look out of place at all, not even in the Premier League.

I think being the captain and expected to lead the defence a lot of time affected him. It just seemed to put too much pressure on him and was too much, too soon. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Last season maybe not, but before his back injury he didn't look out of place at all, not even in the Premier League.

I think being the captain and expected to lead the defence a lot of time affected him. It just seemed to put too much pressure on him and was too much, too soon. 

And also for context we had Hanley and Gibson injured so it meant him and Sorensen or Byram. Hardly surprising we didn't look that solid.

I'm still struggling with why we sell Omobamidele relatively cheaply only to replace him with an ageing Duffy and Batth in addition to an ageing Hanley and Gibson, who will need replacing themselves soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

And also for context we had Hanley and Gibson injured so it meant him and Sorensen or Byram. Hardly surprising we didn't look that solid.

I'm still struggling with why we sell Omobamidele relatively cheaply only to replace him with an ageing Duffy and Batth in addition to an ageing Hanley and Gibson, who will need replacing themselves soon.

He was Young had Potential and a ideal replacement for the Dads army we have now ,

Grant Hanley is a long way from returning and being trusted for a whole season will he ever come back as good or injury free ? 

Gibson leaving out of contract ,

Duffy and Batth 32 and 33 and will need replacing 

So Omo was sold fairly cheap as we now have to buy someone just as good to replace the aging players 

22 hours ago, Paul101 said:

Certainly no worse than the rest either! Money talks and it was the deal for both parties, shame we didn’t spend some of that money in the summer!