Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Yeovil and the art of not changing your badge

You know we may have changed our badge somewhat recently but at least we were able to keep to the same spirit of the original, given it's just a more refinded version of our old. Yeovil on the other have decided to come out of nowhere and annoy all their fans by changing almost everything. Why? Who knows. Looks like one of those old fake generic badges you would see on a football game. Don't worry though, at least there was a brand consultation and they're proud to unveil this dynamic new badge.. (Whatever any of that means)

Looks quite good to be fair, and for me at least, that font looks suitably modern whilst retaining a touch of older times about it. Prefer it to a lot of these generic round badge offerings a la Brentford and Bristol City. And it's a million times better than that Leeds one which got rejected as quickly as it came up.

I suppose it's missing a combine harvester and a bottle of Scrumpy but you can't have everything. 

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Haha 1

I, too, think it's an improvement.

The reality is that clubs change their old badges so the football club then owns the intellectual property rights to the new badge.

Fans are then forced to go to the official club shop to buy anything with the club's new badge on it.

And prevents market traders from selling knock-off scarfs and flags etc with the new badge on it. Because they'll get sued.

Edited by Pyro Pete

I mean, you can see easily from their tweet why they did it. The 'old' badge that is still their Twitter avatar is completely 'illegible', as they say, at that size: you can't make out any of it at all. Given how important social media is now, you can completely understand why clubs feel the need to modernise. The new badge seems quite generic, but it is a lot 'cleaner' and much more fit for purpose in the 2020s.

Looking at it in green and white, it looks good. Better than that transparent version.

I think the new badge looks great! 

Im sure they've done it for the same reason we did.

I'm slowly but surely over our old badge which still exists by the way, and loving the sharp but simple update to ours.

Theirs is a complete overhaul but it's looks a great and classic footballing badge to me

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm not sure what the hands are for, but I assume there's a reason. It's a pretty good effort though; better than most new badges.

Yeovil are known as The Glovers - known for making gloves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really like that one

cambridgeshire - google new Leeds United badge for a laugh lol 

5 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Really like that one

cambridgeshire - google new Leeds United badge for a laugh lol 

This. It was ****.

It looks like a Gaviscon ad' – Leeds to reopen consultation ...

39 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

This. It was ****.

It looks like a Gaviscon ad' – Leeds to reopen consultation ...

So SO bad. Wish they'd have actually used it.

For all the Greggs eating Leeds fans who suffer from indigestion on the regular.

16 hours ago, nu_matik said:

So SO bad. Wish they'd have actually used it.

For all the Greggs eating Leeds fans who suffer from indigestion on the regular.

Belting badge. Tones of hooliganism, seat smashing and attackingnwomen and children mixed in with obesity and heart disease. Least that's what it brought up in my mind!