41 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Same as any academy up and down the country and the fact these players leave for bigger clubs speaks volumes 

Even though we didn’t get much of a fee you mean. We are all told we will produce these youngsters but there seems little sign of anyone breaking through currently

2 hours ago, Yobocop said:

He’s definitely left the club in a better place than he found it 

Financially that wouldn’t be hard. Similar levels of debt though just restructured and to different more friendly people. Training ground has a nice swimming pool and gym now at least though. 

9 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Gunn was initially "why waste £5m on a keeper rejected by the Premier league", now rated about the best keeper in the division. Nunez starting to really look the part. Even Tzolis doing very well in Germany. The main issue was that we tried to sign "oven ready" players for much less than most Prem clubs pay and they weren't. Lots of exciting talents coming good though. 

The main issue was we didn't try and sign oven ready players. And I believe we spent less on individual players than anyone else in the league.  

5 hours ago, Yobocop said:

He’s definitely left the club in a better place than he found it 

How much is the debt?  What are current players worth,  to when he started? 

3 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Financially that wouldn’t be hard. Similar levels of debt though just restructured and to different more friendly people. Training ground has a nice swimming pool and gym now at least though. 

This is a very stupid assessment of the difference in the change in the training facilities, everything at Colney has been improved. Only people with blinkers on or very short memories would think it was just the gym & the recovery centre.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Don’t know, don’t know. Look it up and whilst you’re there research the infrastructure of the club and training ground 

On 30/01/2024 at 06:56, PurpleCanary said:

Well I suppose if you're that desperate to win then, yes, Big Vince does count, for the first time ever...🤩

Are you sure he can count?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

This is a very stupid assessment of the difference in the change in the training facilities, everything at Colney has been improved. Only people with blinkers on or very short memories would think it was just the gym & the recovery centre.

It was tongue in cheek about the training ground. I know a lot has been done. I am pretty sure though that regardless of who was in charge the modernisation of Colney would have taken place. So is it really that big of a deal when it most likely would have been done by anyone in the job? 

When I played for the academy back in the day it was still at Trowse and can remember having to scrub the first teams boots regularly in the late 80’s early 90’s. Some were more appreciative than others. I digress point being times always change and football always evolves. 

• Like 2

On 30/01/2024 at 11:24, Dr Greenthumb said:

Also, being the only championship club to give him a chance in the first place and ignoring the noise after finishing 14th in his first season 

Ah the old "ignore the noise"chestnut, something else he was not very good at in the end.............

3 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

Our squad is worth significantly more than the squad when he arrived. I don’t think we have an individual player though at the moment that is of equivalent value to James Maddison back then when adjusted for inflation. 

2 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Don’t know, don’t know. Look it up and whilst you’re there research the infrastructure of the club and training ground 

I could of took money out of the club pot and upgraded the training ground for a 60 thousand a year salary.  Personally I will judge it on what it produces and if the players look coached well. At the end of the day it was all done on debt by the time he leaves or left. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Our squad is worth significantly more than the squad when he arrived. I don’t think we have an individual player though at the moment that is of equivalent value to James Maddison back then when adjusted for inflation. 

He sold Pritchard,  Murphy and Madison for nearly 50 million. That's without selling all the players later who were already here. With adjustment you would have trouble to sell our team for that now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Ah the old "ignore the noise"chestnut, something else he was not very good at in the end.............

No chestnut, just reminding of forgotten facts…..

50 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

He sold Pritchard,  Murphy and Madison for nearly 50 million. That's without selling all the players later who were already here. With adjustment you would have trouble to sell our team for that now. 

I feel we’d be looking to get 50m combined for Sara and Rowe. I’m pretty sure we’d also be looking for 15m for Sargent. While I don’t think there would be much in it. I think there’s more value in the players we have now. 

35 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I feel we’d be looking to get 50m combined for Sara and Rowe. I’m pretty sure we’d also be looking for 15m for Sargent. While I don’t think there would be much in it. I think there’s more value in the players we have now. 

And in the real world,  sorry to tell you Sara has not been that good,  Sargent has been injury prone so far , but I think he's great. 50 million the 3 of them if you are lucky , obviously all undisclosed so we will never really know. 

9 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Exactly, it is good to remember the good, the bad and the ugly of Mr Webber...........

He was far from perfect, but just remember how bad we were when he walked in the door and how poorly funded he was from the go. The owners got off lightly because of Stu

10 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Exactly, it is good to remember the good, the bad and the ugly of Mr Webber...........

He did get a fistful of dollars for his efforts.

High pay demands high returns.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

He was far from perfect, but just remember how bad we were when he walked in the door and how poorly funded he was from the go. The owners got off lightly because of Stu

I do not disagree, we have a great training facility (although I will reserve judgement on Soccer Bot and we must remember it was the fans* who funded the redevelopment), a couple of saleable assets (maybe more if some of the younger signings turn out to be very good), but, at the time of writing, our on field prospects look a pale imitation of the two Championship winning years. *I know some do not think it matters but I think he drove a wedge between the club and the fans, maybe some of them who invested in the redevelopment are amongst the 20%, a fair proportion of those that renew their Season Tickets will be. So for me his legacy will be started out well, but went downhill, had a "muck spreader" player acquisition strategy (to quote my late dad when talking about my darts ability, one dart in treble twenty, one in one and one missing the board altogether),and thought he was bigger than the club.............

Today's game proves the OP correct. After Rowe; Sainz, Sara and Sargent are the most saleable assets and all thanks to the boy Webber. Not forgetting the underwater treadmill he built at Colney too.