dylanisabaddog

Is the world on the brink?

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I struggle with the massive ageism constantly displayed towards Biden. If he’s doing the job then his age is irrelevant. If he’s not, then focus on what he’s doing wrong, don’t just make cheap, lazy shots about his age. 

I think I’m right in saying Trump will be the age Biden is now during his presidency if he were to win? If Biden’s age is a problem, surely that is too?

I agree with this but truth is both are too old. Younger people please.

For the record Biden has actually done a good job - economy and foreign policy. Sadly the US 2024 election so far isn't based on any rational assessment of facts or even policy proposals. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I agree with this but truth is both are too old. Younger people please.

For the record Biden has actually done a good job - economy and foreign policy. Sadly the US 2024 election so far isn't based on any rational assessment of facts or even policy proposals. 

I think the phrase is male, pale and stale.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

For the record Biden has actually done a good job - economy and foreign policy.

The US electorate doesn't seem to think so if you look at the polls.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I think the phrase is male, pale and stale.

As opposed to the predecessor, who was hail, wail, and fail.

• Haha 1

Just now, ricardo said:

The US electorate doesn't seem to think so if you look at the polls.

That as may be but those that are independent think he's done well.  Inflation reduction act (ouch Brexiters 😉 ), Ukraine etc.

Frankly it's all gutter tribal now with Trump now trying to save his own skin.

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

That as may be but those that are independent think he's done well.  Inflation reduction act (ouch Brexiters 😉 ), Ukraine etc.

Frankly it's all gutter tribal now with Trump now trying to save his own skin.

It looks very much to me that if Trump stays out of jail then he is very likely to win.

Just now, ricardo said:

It looks very much to me that if Trump stays out of jail then he is very likely to win.

Yes - But I j just have to have faith in the US legal system. 

That or an act of God.

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

That or an act of God.

Those are very thin straws to clutch.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Those are very thin straws to clutch.

That or the US is going rip itself apart. 

6 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

That or the US is going rip itself apart. 

That may very well happen if he is convicted. The Democrats were foolish to set off down this path.

On the contrary, if he's found guilty and rendered unable to contest election due to the Constitution, then it's done its job despite Trump's blatant stress-testing.

It's been obvious that Trump needs, basically, to get in and pardon himself before wrecking the USA. All he's doing is blowing as much smoke as possible to obfuscate.

If Trump loved America as much as he says, the best thing he could do is to off himself. That would put this nonsense to bed.

56 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I struggle with the massive ageism constantly displayed towards Biden. If he’s doing the job then his age is irrelevant. If he’s not, then focus on what he’s doing wrong, don’t just make cheap, lazy shots about his age. 

I think I’m right in saying Trump will be the age Biden is now during his presidency if he were to win? If Biden’s age is a problem, surely that is too?

It’s not ageism it’s his condition. 

To deny it is really obtuse to be honest. The fact he’s not been tapped on the shoulder and asked to step aside is just downright suspicious to be honest.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

On the contrary, if he's found guilty and rendered unable to contest election due to the Constitution, then it's done its job despite Trump's blatant stress-testing.

It's been obvious that Trump needs, basically, to get in and pardon himself before wrecking the USA. All he's doing is blowing as much smoke as possible to obfuscate.

If Trump loved America as much as he says, the best thing he could do is to off himself. That would put this nonsense to bed.

These challenges are surely playing into the hands of trump.

I always think back to the leaders america has created in the past. Lincoln, Roosevelt, Jefferson and now it’s just these feudal system criminal family’s like a perverse modern game of thrones. It’s insane.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

These challenges are surely playing into the hands of trump.

I always think back to the leaders america has created in the past. Lincoln, Roosevelt, Jefferson and now it’s just these feudal system criminal family’s like a perverse modern game of thrones. It’s insane.

If he's guilty though, and proven as such, then surely that's the legal system doing the job it's supposed to do? If he's not guilty and walks free, then again - that's the legal system doing the job it's supposed to do.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

If he's guilty though, and proven as such, then surely that's the legal system doing the job it's supposed to do? If he's not guilty and walks free, then again - that's the legal system doing the job it's supposed to do.

The stuff they’ve tried to get him on before has always been weak sauce and doesn’t stick. They’d be better off fielding a genuine candidate and beating him outright.

For me, the democrats want to lose. Maybe they want trump to go in and mess it up so they can rally. They beat him last time but they never really put it down. I don’t think Joe was highly regarded generally he was just not trump.

39 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

This is not an independant judiciary that we are used to in the UK. The American judicial system is highly political and if Trump is found guilty his followers will see it as a political stitch up and then all hell could be let loose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

I honestly think he wins and there’s no riots.

I don’t think any big crowds are coming out to defend Joe. There’s no Hillary “she was supposed to win” angle, no shock factor (people Know what to expect).

I think people might be disappointed of course but people aren’t going to riot over Joe Biden.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I honestly think he wins and there’s no riots.

I don’t think any big crowds are coming out to defend Joe. There’s no Hillary “she was supposed to win” angle, no shock factor (people Know what to expect).

I think people might be disappointed of course but people aren’t going to riot over Joe Biden.

Yes, that is very much how I see it playing out at the moment. However a long way to go between now and November.

20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

This is not an independant judiciary that we are used to in the UK. The American judicial system is highly political and if Trump is found guilty his followers will see it as a political stitch up and then all hell could be let loose.

So a cult of personality then. And the fact of the matter is, he's thrown in a lot of lawsuits himself that were completely thrown out - at least 50 re. the "stolen" election alone.

Fact check: Courts have dismissed multiple lawsuits of alleged electoral fraud presented by Trump campaign | Reuters

If he's guilty and found of such, then they can cry all they like,  justice is served. If he's not guilty and found as such, he can run and justice is served.

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yes, that is very much how I see it playing out at the moment. However a long way to go between now and November.

Oh yeah, and either way there’s that instability. It all plays into the feeling that things are “on the brink”

Same with our country. I think we all know the tories are going to get hammered but I think we are more likely some sort of messy hung or minority Parliament situation.

This uncertainty creates a vacuum for our international rivals and enemies 

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

That or an act of God.

I'm pretty sure Trump is an act of God already. A false prophet sent to test the faithful, and boy have they failed. 

Now, back to my Dan Brown..... 😁

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, if Trump becomes president he won't be charged with any crimes as he wants presidents to be immune to the law.

wwrs698hvedc1.png?width=579&auto=webp&s=

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, if Trump becomes president he won't be charged with any crimes as he wants presidents to be immune to the law.

wwrs698hvedc1.png?width=579&auto=webp&s=

Aren’t they already technically ‘immune’ like diplomatic immunity style?

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

No

I'm not worried about Trump getting in. It's not because it's not my country and I don't live there, or that he is not all the things we know he is. The reason I'm not worried is that he is lazy and disorganised. 

What I would be afraid of is trump with loyal, like-minded and able people around him.

In this election its the two inner circles that the Americans should look at.

Edited by Barbe bleu

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s not ageism it’s his condition. 

To deny it is really obtuse to be honest. The fact he’s not been tapped on the shoulder and asked to step aside is just downright suspicious to be honest.

Maybe I’ve missed it, but what is the problem with his “condition”? He’s managed to run the country better than Trump did, a (slightly) younger man , for three years. I seem to remember people saying he was too old before the last election, but he’s coped.

2 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I'm not worried about Trump getting in. It's not because it's not my country and I don't live there, or that he is not all the things we know he is. The reason I'm not worried is that he is lazy and disorganised. 

What I would be afraid of is trump with loyal, like-minded and able people around him.

In this election its the two inner circles that the Americans should look at.

This is broadly how I see it. A load of people  bellyached about Trump when he was in office but he never really got anything going. The real power is with those lobbies and those with the money, the real money. 

16 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

15 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

No

Otherwise Nixon wouldn’t have gone.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Maybe I’ve missed it, but what is the problem with his “condition”? He’s managed to run the country better than Trump did, a (slightly) younger man , for three years. I seem to remember people saying he was too old before the last election, but he’s coped.

Perish the thought of a conspiracy theory but I suspect old Joe is getting a little bit of… chemical support to… maintain consciousness.

If he pee’d in a cup he’d melt the cup. 100%

Hes very clearly impaired physically and mentally. He’s a terrible candidate and there’s far better in the democrat party, surely?

I believe he’s in power because it’s convenient for others, financially and otherwise. His appearances are very carefully managed and I just feel sorry for him. How can his family stand by and see him do this to himself

I genuinely feel sorry for him.