Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

At least Wagner is honest

We were never going to do anything with a midfield of Forshaw and Gibbs FFS. Don't know why the clown thought otherwise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

We were never going to do anything with a midfield of Forshaw and Gibbs FFS. Don't know why the clown thought otherwise.

I said elsewhere that I always assumed Wagners refusal to play an additional midfielder was pure stubbornness but when you see what he has to work with it's hard to really see an obvious route in.

just feels like he is taking the p*ss out of the fans.

start with that midfield if you want to experiment but have McLean, Sara or Nunez on the bench

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I said elsewhere that I always assumed Wagners refusal to play an additional midfielder was pure stubbornness but when you see what he has to work with it's hard to really see an obvious route in.

You can’t judge those players on an occasional run out in a makeshift team. Gibbs next to Nunez with Sara in front and Kenny passing out a completely different prospect to what he had to slot into today.

The Barnes situation is our biggest issue in my view, by which I don’t mean him personally but the stubborn refusal by Wagner to depart from this idiotic 4-4-2 formation we play to accommodate him and another striker. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

You can’t judge those players on an occasional run out in a makeshift team. Gibbs next to Nunez with Sara in front and Kenny passing out a completely different prospect to what he had to slot into today.

The Barnes situation is our biggest issue in my view, by which I don’t mean him personally but the stubborn refusal by Wagner to depart from this idiotic 4-4-2 formation we play to accommodate him and another striker. 

I agree with the determination to consistently play that second striker weird 9 and a half position being detrimental but neither Forshaw or Gibbs, despite being a makeshift team, did anything to suggest they were a viable answer.

The problem is today showed me what I've thought about both when they play in that position, either too slow or too easy to turn, and both not really strong enough. 

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

..but he has clearly stated that he does'nt require a  CDM,which for a team like we have,defensively,is a dereliction of duty,and a sackable offence in itself.

Posted (edited)

I felt sorry for Sainz and Hernandez who spent most of the game wondering what on earth they have to do to get the ball in attacking positions. We're so slow getting the ball out wide by the time it gets to them they are so heavily marked they've got nowhere to go but backwards 

Edited by AJ

Just now, AJ said:

I felt sorry for Sainz and Hernandez who spent most of the game wondering what on earth they have to do to get the ball in attacking positions. We're so slow getting the ball out wide by the time it gets to them they are so heavily marked they've got nowhere to go but backwards 

Hernandez made things happen today, should absolutely have had two assists. 

Hard to find many in that team who would get into any of the top 6 Championship Teams let alone play in The Premiership 

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Hernandez made things happen today, should absolutely have had two assists. 

Exactly right, got played in twice and created our two best chances. Similar for Sainz with his narrow miss and playing in Josh in the first half for the saved effort at the near post. But we need to give them better opportunities. Far too passive with the ball