Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

The club should look at the away following yesterday

2 hours ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Maybe some fans are put off going to games because of the poor atmosphere? I know that is a factor for me now.

Some fans go to games (especially away) with the specific intent of moaning about anything & everything - players, tactics, subs, Wagner, Delia. And if you end up near any of these then a poor day out is made even worse.

Attending & moaning all game is not, IMO, supporting the team. Leave your preconceived opinions at home (or the pub).

The thing to remember is DLTFSYD ( Don’t Let The Football Spoil Your Day )

8 hours ago, shefcanary said:

How about those moving to Norwich for Uni? Those relocating to buy their first house whilst still commuting to London? Those now moving from parenting very young kids, who need another outlet in their lives? I hear what you say, even if there is more churn, you cannot rely on "legacy" supporters. That way builds in an inevitable decline. 

The AGM being a prime example. Young people as a whole aren't engaging in match attendance in quite the same way. The huge rewards for players in the top 2 divisions don't help neither do the associated home viewing options.

21 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

We cannot wait for the thread once you get back about the wonders of Millwall hospitality and how Norwich pale into insignificance. Could Millwall be the new Luton, Burnley or as we read yesterday Dagenham and Redbridge as a stick to beat the club with?

When did Carrow Road last offer jellied eels?

It’s all Zoe’s fault.

Hopefully that’s saved him the bother?

More went than I thought but again, not half as many as previous years to one of the closer games. 

I thought 1800 was a decent following last night considering train problems

It perhaps looked worse on tv as Millwall usually open the upper tier first and then the lower tier after, some away teams dont even get the lower tier at all through security reasons.

If theyd have only opened the upper tier last night, which would have been filled, I dont think anything would be said at all

What a difference 9 months on…..

always a good following at Millwall, 1900 still not bad but nowhere near what we have prev taken. 

looking at the other away attendances yesterday, some impressive numbers! 

2498E8EB-222B-4906-9AEF-904B90CA66AA.jpeg

Next season it’ll be halved again

and it’ll be “just two and half years (potentially, also minimum) to go on the potential handover, she’s just ‘a little old lady’ why are you all so mean?”

46 minutes ago, CUSDP said:

What a difference 9 months on…..

always a good following at Millwall, 1900 still not bad but nowhere near what we have prev taken. 

looking at the other away attendances yesterday, some impressive numbers! 

2498E8EB-222B-4906-9AEF-904B90CA66AA.jpeg

If it was 3pm today...with a normal train service and not 7.45 pm last night , I think it would have been the same again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I thought 1800 was a decent following last night considering train problems

It perhaps looked worse on tv as Millwall usually open the upper tier first and then the lower tier after, some away teams dont even get the lower tier at all through security reasons.

If theyd have only opened the upper tier last night, which would have been filled, I dont think anything would be said at all

I’ve definitely been there when we only had the top tier open - not sure where this ‘we always take loads more/sell out’ stuff comes from?  We’ll always have better following when we are going well, less so when we aren’t - with various other factors (time, travel etc) - I don’t understand why people are surprised at that fact.

We were one of the only clubs given both tiers over the last 4/5 years. 

there is no way if this was 3pm today we would sell the allocation. The only allocation we have sold out this season is Ipswich. 

all this talk of travel does make me laugh, must be a problem only affecting Norfolk. We have not  been mid table for away following in years. If you want to get to a game, you will find a way. Having travelled on trains befire, there is never a huge NCFC presence so I’m not buying that. 

the 20% (I am one of them but still went to both over Xmas) are voting with their feet. 

apprecaite the performances do dictate the followings but looking around the division many teams below us are taking more. 

Just now, CUSDP said:

We were one of the only clubs given both tiers over the last 4/5 years. 

there is no way if this was 3pm today we would sell the allocation. The only allocation we have sold out this season is Ipswich. 

all this talk of travel does make me laugh, must be a problem only affecting Norfolk. We have not  been mid table for away following in years. If you want to get to a game, you will find a way. Having travelled on trains befire, there is never a huge NCFC presence so I’m not buying that. 

the 20% (I am one of them but still went to both over Xmas) are voting with their feet. 

apprecaite the performances do dictate the followings but looking around the division many teams below us are taking more. 

Thanks @CUSDP. For what’s it worth I’ll be listening to you , one of the travelling fans , rather than the academics on here that know more than me. 
As I said before , when times are good we fans find a way. Right now I salute people like you and the other travellers, as it would depress me more than I can cope with. I’ve been to Millwall many times, and enjoyed many a beer in the Barrow Boy and Banker . 
move seen us get beat 4.1 and immediately nip off and sign Hanley (ie do something about it) 

I don’t necessarily buy the travel thing being the only reason, but it definitely is a consideration when mixed with others - there’s lots of reasons why people do/don’t go: form is a major one, timing is one, travel is one, and finances have more recently become a major consideration.

But if anyone thinks travel isn’t a consideration they are simply wrong.  I’m not going on Monday mostly because the trains are up the crapper and were going to cost a fortune that I can’t really justify right now, combined with being New Year’s Day.  Might I have made the extra effort/put up with the cost had we been going well? Possibly, but I’d have still only been 50:50.

What I can’t understand is why some seem to think we as NCFC supporters would be immune from normal decision making around going to games.  

Re: general following, I’ve been to Millwall when we had very few there in the old Den, with tonnes of space in that horrible old away pen. And when we have had space in the upper tier with only that tier open.  The idea that we have always taken 2-3 thousand everywhere is simply untrue.  

Edited by Branston Pickle

The 2 main train routes into london.......norwich - liverpool street and kings lynn to kings cross were both disrupted by bus replacement services yesterday, not sure if they were today?

Also yesterday was still a working day for many

Do people really not see that there would be been more there if it was this afernoon as opposed to a friday evening k/o ???