Sign in to follow this  
Hook's-Walk-Canary

Luton FC

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

No I'd blame both. I'd also be interested to know that second Prem Season what the conversations were between the two. We signed players to play a 4-3-3 but Farke couldn't get it to work - did Farke disagree with that or could he not set up the team appropriately or?

The likes of Lees-Melou, Kabak, Gilmour, Rashica have all done well at other top 5 european league sides. 

I think your right Hoggy ️ , at the same time  , I'm gobsmacked for your assault on poor old Stu Webber. Cmon admit it the man was a chancer, charlatan

Phoney  wide boy. Good for cutting the grass

🤭🤣

39 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

That’s literally what happens at almost any club, I find the whole “we can’t break the wage cap for one player” argument at Norwich so bizarre, especially when as a club we pay higher than average Championship wages.

Two or three stars can very much make the difference between a poor team and a competitive one, it’s money worth spending.

That is where i would break the mould ,

Rowe and Sara you could make them 2 players very good offers in Summer higher than others as they are best players and worth the most ! 

a lot of players some very high wages are leaving in Summer Gibson for one ,

i know we have to cut wage bill but we have far to many higher earners not with a resale or making a difference on pitch ,

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

It’s a risk as both at their age and especially Barkley are prone to injury however at this time it’s a risk that’s paying off 

Best not mention Hayden at this Moment then ! 

one of Webbers worst signings could not even return him when his season was over with a injury 

21 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Best not mention Hayden at this Moment then ! 

one of Webbers worst signings could not even return him when his season was over with a injury 

An example of a signing which looks great on paper but in practice was awful 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I agree it’s always a risk putting a bunch of the budget into 1or2 expensive players but the alternative is having no one of real quality and we’ve seen how that plays out.

We stayed up for 3 seasons with players who you could argue had no real quality, no star names just hard working teams with managers who knew how to get the best out of them 

52 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I agree it’s always a risk putting a bunch of the budget into 1or2 expensive players but the alternative is having no one of real quality and we’ve seen how that plays out.

We stayed up for 3 seasons with players who you could argue had no real quality, no star names just hard working teams with managers who knew how to get the best out of them 

Fair play to them, it is a nice haert warming story and they deserve their day in the sun.

Tells us absolutely nothing about NCFC.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

Fair play to them, it is a nice haert warming story and they deserve their day in the sun.

Tells us absolutely nothing about NCFC.

It’s does tell us how dire we were on the last two attempts to survive. They’ll pass our points totals way before winter is over. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s does tell us how dire we were on the last two attempts to survive. They’ll pass our points totals way before winter is over. 

No, it doesn't, it really doesn't. We knew that before, Luton has nothing really to add that.

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think the real test will be what will happen next season, if they stay up can they sustain it or if they go down can they mount a serious promotion challenge? 

knowing Luton either could happen 

4 hours ago, Yobocop said:

I’m not sure that’s entirely true, Holt and Wes were the bedrock of those two survivals, yes it was a hard working team but take either of those two out and I think we’d have likely struggled.

Both players peaked and performed at the highest level just when we needed them too. 

That Lambert team also just had goals across the team to be fair.

To be clear, I agree you also need a hard working team utilised correctly around your quality players. However you still need quality whether it’s from players that have consistently shown it at that level across a career or ones that are playing at the peak of theirs.

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

I think the real test will be what will happen next season, if they stay up can they sustain it or if they go down can they mount a serious promotion challenge? 

knowing Luton either could happen 

In the season they inevitably come down I suspect their wage bill will be way way below our last PL one which will doubtless place them in a better position for a further assault with the new ground in place.

16 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Two or three stars can very much make the difference

Don't tell them down the road. They like stars 🌟

10 hours ago, essex canary said:

In the season they inevitably come down I suspect their wage bill will be way way below our last PL one which will doubtless place them in a better position for a further assault with the new ground in place.

Given they haven’t even started building it yet or clearing the land then that’s still a few years off 

10 hours ago, Monty13 said:

I’m not sure that’s entirely true, Holt and Wes were the bedrock of those two survivals, yes it was a hard working team but take either of those two out and I think we’d have likely struggled.

Both players peaked and performed at the highest level just when we needed them too. 

That Lambert team also just had goals across the team to be fair.

To be clear, I agree you also need a hard working team utilised correctly around your quality players. However you still need quality whether it’s from players that have consistently shown it at that level across a career or ones that are playing at the peak of theirs.

Holt and Wes whilst big players for us weren’t ‘household names’ like Barkley and Townsend though 

33 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Holt and Wes whilst big players for us weren’t ‘household names’ like Barkley and Townsend though 

Didn’t say they were, wasn’t my point.

4 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Given they haven’t even started building it yet or clearing the land then that’s still a few years off 

Putting some money aside perhaps which is a little better than having a huge gamble on keeping Stu's spanish dream alive.

On 27/12/2023 at 06:19, A Load of Squit said:

It just means that they have been fortunate to get promoted into the worst Premier League in living memory.

the top 10 teams are on some of the lowest points totals ever for the half way mark

8 hours ago, essex canary said:

Putting some money aside perhaps which is a little better than having a huge gamble on keeping Stu's spanish dream alive.

No - the project is very much on but they’ve made a slight adjustment to their plans which are currently at the stage of waiting for approval

newlands park work has started which was integral to the ground being built. 

it’s not all about beating NCFC with a stick you know 

12 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Didn’t say they were, wasn’t my point.

No but it was mine, sorry for crossed wires 

• Like 1

Luton Town embarrassing our efforts at staying up, how bad was Mr Ego at the level he thought he’d excel at! The saving grace this season is Webber walking.