Jim Smith

The positives and negatives from yesterday

9 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

I am one supporter, not representative of the entire fan base, the same as you. 

You bang on about metal strength and yet I read this forum on Friday and 50% of the posters were already crying about the hammering they were all convinced was coming. Now the same people are all cocky about scraping a 2-2 draw against a team that have just been promoted. You lot are as fickle as every other fan base so stop deluding yourself otherwise.

There does seem a desperate need among the binners to constantly prove how dim they are. If we did not already know.

I cannot remember any crying on here, though I suspect there were a fair few tears shed in your neck of the woods after the final whistle in Sat. What was posted on here was a realistic view of the likely result. We are coming to terms with the wrecking ball that is relegation from the PL. It may take more than this season for us, whereas it took 20 years for you lot, spending 4 seasons in LI. Did we ? As to a promoted club, check how we performed after winning the title and getting promoted in 2010/11.

As seen by the numpties outside your ground, you binners do struggle with what the rest of us see. You mistake hilarity for 'cockiness'. What was no more than a mid season league game had been elevated to some sort of cup final by those self same  numpties. The hilarity up here was that much

As to fickle remind us who had gates of below 12, 000. You couldn't even sell-out the Derby few years back, while we have never dropped below 20,,OOO' for a couple of decades. Nevermind you'll soon be back to that level once the Arizona pension fund wants you to repay the money you have borrowed - meanwhile this highlights why we still laugh at you and your 'glorious history'. made up of faking photos of men in sepia tinted photos. Binners cup final on Sarurday

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

No mate, it was a game of football and they don't always go to form ( Man City v Palace for eg ). You really are looking far too deeply into this. I predicted 2-2, not because I am haunted by NCFC and spend every waking hour agonising over not beating you, but because I recognise you still have some decent players and that in a one-off Derby game you could get a result.

It may be a thing for some of our fan base but trust me to the management and players you are just another team. I predict we will beat you in the return and I will be more happy with the three points than lifting some imaginary hold you think you have over us. Anyway I will leave it there as frankly it is clear you are so deeply entrenched in your belief that nothing I say ( or indisputable facts ) are going to change your mind. 

Imaginary hold = 14 years.  😃 

Good to see Bluenote76 taking time out for therapy on here. It must be really difficult not being able to have a rational conversation over the acceptance that Norwich are just better than the Binners with his other bluenose fans.

I do hope he feels better for it when he returns back to their messageboard and conveys that message. 

48 minutes ago, RobJames said:

There does seem a desperate need among the binners to constantly prove how dim they are. If we did not already know.

I cannot remember any crying on here, though I suspect there were a fair few tears shed in your neck of the woods after the final whistle in Sat. What was posted on here was a realistic view of the likely result. We are coming to terms with the wrecking ball that is relegation from the PL. It may take more than this season for us, whereas it took 20 years for you lot, spending 4 seasons in LI. Did we ? As to a promoted club, check how we performed after winning the title and getting promoted in 2010/11.

As seen by the numpties outside your ground, you binners do struggle with what the rest of us see. You mistake hilarity for 'cockiness'. What was no more than a mid season league game had been elevated to some sort of cup final by those self same  numpties. The hilarity up here was that much

As to fickle remind us who had gates of below 12, 000. You couldn't even sell-out the Derby few years back, while we have never dropped below 20,,OOO' for a couple of decades. Nevermind you'll soon be back to that level once the Arizona pension fund wants you to repay the money you have borrowed - meanwhile this highlights why we still laugh at you and your 'glorious history'. made up of faking photos of men in sepia tinted photos. Binners cup final on Sarurday

I'm sure this post seem like a genius one in your head. In essence you have used a lot of words to say that our fan base can be fickle and contains some numpties, just like yours and every other club, while also doing the very thing you accuse us of and harpring on about the past. Good work. 

4 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

Totally deluded. I don't know if you noticed but you aren't in the Prem anymore and are now a mid table Championship team. Williams is miles better than Stacey and walks into your team as do all the others I listed. 

I don't know if you also noticed but we are now far better managed and financed than you and there is no way any of our players would leave an upwardly mobile club to join your stagnating shambles of a set up. I suspect we may take Rowe off you in the summer if he is deemed good enough. Time to face reality. 

Haven't you got some 80 year old to intimidate?

Nope. I’ve really, really thought about it and I wouldn’t take any of their players.

Got a lucky draw thanks to a hit and hope scuff to the bottom corner but only one side ever looked like winning it. They had a few chances (half chances?) in the first half but didn’t have the composure or capability to take advantage. Weak. 

On 17/12/2023 at 21:19, BlueHope76 said:

The you are deluded. Davis, Chaplin, Hirst, Clarke, Williams, Wolfenden, Burgess, Tuanzebe, Broadhead, Morsy, Luongo, Hutchinson all walk into your side...fact.

Who would they replace?

I’m still not in that minority and I’m a bit ashamed that city fans blow smoke up your back passage. You only get away with this sort of nonsense because many on here don’t want to recognise how good our players are and have got too used to turning on their own. 

You could be of some use on here by letting us know what day our bins are emptied after the Easter holidays.

Or perhaps helping sort out the ridiculous situation of King Keano and the £63 owed to our DS boys and girls…

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Who would they replace?

I’m still not in that minority and I’m a bit ashamed that city fans blow smoke up your back passage. You only get away with this sort of nonsense because many on here don’t want to recognise how good our players are and have got too used to turning on their own. 

You could be of some use on here by letting us know what day our bins are emptied after the Easter holidays.

Or perhaps helping sort out the ridiculous situation of King Keano and the £63 owed to our DS boys and girls…

Is that it? That's my crime is it? listing some ITFC players that I think would walk into your side. You dragged up a months old thread for that, how strange. 

For the record I think that was fairly accurate at the time, now that your team has finally started performing to their potential and you have the likes of Sargent back, maybe not so many would get in. It's still an interesting topic for debate though, not sure why it seems to have upset you much, but hey ho.

2 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

Is that it? That's my crime is it? listing some ITFC players that I think would walk into your side. You dragged up a months old thread for that, how strange. 

For the record I think that was fairly accurate at the time, now that your team has finally started performing to their potential and you have the likes of Sargent back, maybe not so many would get in. It's still an interesting topic for debate though, not sure why it seems to have upset you much, but hey ho.

You listed 12 players, suggesting not only your entire first XI walks into our team but also a sub too? I think even back then it was pretty silly.

My personal view of your squad is that you have an excellent coach who is making a squad perform as greater than the sum of their parts (something Lambert did for us but couldn't for you). For me Gunn, Sara and Sargent all have arguments for walking into any first XI in the division right now, Rowe too when fit, not just Ipswich's. From your team I've no doubt Morsy and Davis would be upgrades on what we have but I think the rest are much of a muchness on a player by player basis.

Posted (edited)

Until 1p5wich beat us, or get promotion from the championship themselves, their fans ought to keep quiet about their perceived superiority. 

It could well be that for us the best is yet to come this season - a place in the play offs and beating them - yet again - to go up ourselves. 

That isn't certain of course, nothing is, but it is a definite possibility, so maybe they could just refrain from crowing too much about how good they think they are until they have actually achieved something in this league. 

Edited by lake district canary

1 hour ago, king canary said:

You listed 12 players, suggesting not only your entire first XI walks into our team but also a sub too? I think even back then it was pretty silly.

My personal view of your squad is that you have an excellent coach who is making a squad perform as greater than the sum of their parts (something Lambert did for us but couldn't for you). For me Gunn, Sara and Sargent all have arguments for walking into any first XI in the division right now, Rowe too when fit, not just Ipswich's. From your team I've no doubt Morsy and Davis would be upgrades on what we have but I think the rest are much of a muchness on a player by player basis.

WIth hindsight I will admit I did get a bit carried away. Still think a fair few of ours would improve you but equally you have a few that would make us better as well. Anyway, I will let this thread be now, seeing as it is from December!

2 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

WIth hindsight I will admit I did get a bit carried away. Still think a fair few of ours would improve you but equally you have a few that would make us better as well. Anyway, I will let this thread be now, seeing as it is from December!

I think we can all agree on the fact Brandon Williams is a prat who doesn't improve anyone. 

41 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Until 1p5wich beat us, or get promotion from the championship themselves, their fans ought to keep quiet about their perceived superiority. 

It could well be that for us the best is yet to come this season - a place in the play offs and beating them - yet again - to go up ourselves. 

That isn't certain of course, nothing is, but it is a definite possibility, so maybe they could just refrain from crowing too much about how good they think they are until they have actually achieved something in this league. 

Totally agree, I certainly take nothing for granted in regards to this season. As good as we have been it could still end up going horribly wrong and yes we could ( god forbid ) lose to you in the play-offs again. Either way It's going to be an exciting end to the season for both our teams though. 

• Like 1

I’ve just been on TWTD’s to have a “reasoned debate” . 

Actually I haven’t . Because obviously I’m not that sad . 

The Binners went a bit quiet for a few days didn’t they. A point against Watford have woken them up it seems . 

53 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Ps I had a chuckle at Williams is miles better than Stacey. 

That ended well. 

Williams is a better footballer than stacey, he is also a bit of a bell who seems intent on sabotaging his career.