Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

Here's what will happen.....

Ipswich will miss automatic promotion by one point while we scrape into the playoffs by a similar margin. Adam Idah comes off the bench to score the winning goal in the 5th minute of added time in the second leg of the playoff semi-final, thus relegating the binners to another season in the Champs. Their manager immediately jumps ship for greener pastures, and they start another slide into L1 obscurity, and then (knock knock).... quick, it's the Old Bill.... flush the rest of this stuff down the loo!

stoned.jpg

• Haha 1

Given all the negativity this season it would be hilarious if we sneak into the playoffs then beat Daniel Farke Leeds and the scum in the playoffs. 

I mean there isn’t a chance in hell but just imagine the state of this board if it did not that it will mind.

Edited by Ulfotto

1 hour ago, daly said:

More chance Luton winning TP

Disgusting how this club has fallen so far

Well said. There's been NO other ex PL club who have failed to get back to the PL at the first or second attempt.

Why can't we be more like Stoke, Watford, Hull, Sunderland, Blackburn, Swansea, Cardiff, WBA, QPR. You don't see them stuck in the Championship, do you ? OK I'll admit some ex PL clubs have failed and fallen into LI , Wigan, Bolton, Charlton etc but that is not the point. Had we had spent heavily, money we did not have but were able to borrow we would not be, errr....... a point away from them, and we would certainly have a ground where there were plenty of spare seats available.

If we'd have spent another £100m we would have been awarded 'consolidation' status meaning, like Sheff Utd, Forest, Burnley, B'mouth and others, we become immune from relegation. As it is, we are the club with the longest spell in the Championship and a shocking three  points from the playoffs. Who else has fallen this far ? 

A very brave and incisive post from someone who is usually regarded as merely a poster who does not like NCFC.

Edited by RobJames
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think it's along shot, but I think it's a good bet that Leeds will continue to improve, Ipswich will start to lose momentum and we will put in a good run to get ourselves in the playoffs.  So for me top two Leicester and Leeds, Ippo in the playoffs with us. Plenty of interest in this season yet.

It’s a beautiful thought but I’m afraid that’s all it is. This season is a write off I’m afraid. The best we can hope for is for Ipswich to somehow blow it and that doesn’t look likely at all.

On 10/12/2023 at 16:31, Sooty57 said:

Ipswich will miss automatic promotion by one point while we scrape into the playoffs by a similar margin. Adam Idah comes off the bench to score the winning goal in the 5th minute of added time in the second leg of the playoff semi-final, thus relegating the binners to another season in the Champs. Their manager immediately jumps ship for greener pastures, and they start another slide into L1 obscurity, and then (knock knock).... quick, it's the Old Bill.... flush the rest of this stuff down the loo!

stoned.jpg

We've been through this. The last minute winner is going to be scored by Liam Gibbs, via a wicked deflection off Brandon Williams. Oh no, how awful.

10 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

We've been through this. The last minute winner is going to be scored by Liam Gibbs, via a wicked deflection off Brandon Williams. Oh no, how awful.

I was with you up till you mentioned williams. He'll have got himself sent off before than surely!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Williams hasn't been in their squad for weeks. I think he's back at Man Utd because of injury but I might be wrong on the last point

2 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

It’s a beautiful thought but I’m afraid that’s all it is. This season is a write off I’m afraid. The best we can hope for is for Ipswich to somehow blow it and that doesn’t look likely at all.

4 big games coming up for them; Watford, City, Leeds and Leicester. That should/will define their season.

Yep. Now you say it I remember reading something about Williams being injured and going back to United for treatment.