East Rider

Walking and simply wandering in a Wagner wonderland

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

So are we somehow mid-way through a geriatric revolution right now and we just don’t see it?

you guys have been saying every season is the “rebuild season” and we just need patience, you’ll say the same thing next season.

Its not going to be funny when we sell Johnny Rowe to Leeds for 5 million quid though, is it? And then the next Johnny Rowe for 2 million quid.

The slide is soo soooo obvious and some on here either don’t care because the club doesn’t actually mean that much to them or are so helplessly dependent on the status quo solely for selfish reasons.

Its a disaster. The massive gaps in the seats today tell a story that so many aren’t willing or able to confront.

I’ve never once said it’s a rebuild season. I thought at the end of last season we needed some old heads in there (as did most of us) and that’s what was largely bought. Unfortunately it appears those old heads largely haven’t performed.

If Knapper has somebody in mind to replace Wagner more aligned to how he wants to run the club then by all means replace him as I don’t think Wagner is anything special. However if he still needs time to find a better replacement then I’d rather he did that than rush and choose the wrong candidate.

10 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

I’ve never once said it’s a rebuild season. I thought at the end of last season we needed some old heads in there (as did most of us) and that’s what was largely bought. Unfortunately it appears those old heads largely haven’t performed.

If Knapper has somebody in mind to replace Wagner more aligned to how he wants to run the club then by all means replace him as I don’t think Wagner is anything special. However if he still needs time to find a better replacement then I’d rather he did that than rush and choose the wrong candidate.

Oh, don’t worry my man. There’ll be no rush.

We should be known as f@&ing Glacial FC at the rate anything gets done around here.

Edited by The Real Buh

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Let’s just see who’s failed recently and is “a jolly nice fellow”, that’s your classic Delia appointment.

Young? Up and comer? Ready to make the step up? Need not apply.

We need old, proven failures who need a good old pat on the head from Mummy Delia.

Like Worthy, Lambert, Neil, Farke etc? All has beens signed during Mummy Delia’s tenure

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The next manager will be Knapper's choice. Farke, Smith and Wagner were Webber's.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

I don't want to check. I'm not arguing it. But if you know who Knapper's man, is and know he's available, what's the hold up?

Sorry Nutty Knappers new man was just a wind up i honestly have no idea about him ,

I Knew about Farke as my ITK man was at the club at the time 

i have a feeling might be someone like John Terry might not be popular Choice but he has always said he is waiting for right club after being No2 ,

1 minute ago, Fen Canary said:

These people will take both sides of the debate if you let them. Of course you didn't say it was a rebuild season. Neither did I mention Delia. Just play for a bit then leave them to argue with themselves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't want to check. I'm not arguing it. But if you know who Knapper's man is, and know he's available, what's the hold up?

And why not name names?

I know who the next manager will be as well, but I’m keeping it to myself 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

These people will take both sides of the debate if you let them. Of course you didn't say it was a rebuild season. Neither did I mention Delia. Just play for a bit then leave them to argue with themselves.

Delia has had some good managers i will give her that Lambert Farke Worthy Alex Neil even Hughton (apart from Football ,)

4 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

And why not name names?

I know who the next manager will be as well, but I’m keeping it to myself 

That was a wind up as i used to find out a lot of ITK info ,

Like when my man who worked at the club told me about Farke , i could not say oh Farke is joining on here so i got a group i trusted posters i knew and told them by Private message ,

I Have never named my source and never will 

also some of the things like Moxey sacked i could not put on here at the time but told people i trusted who would not plaster it everywhere 

Just now, norfolkngood said:

That was a wind up as i used to find out a lot of ITK info ,

Like when my man who worked at the club told me about Farke , i could not say oh Farke is joining on here so i got a group i trusted posters i knew and told them by Private message ,

I Have never named my source and never will 

also some of the things like Moxey sacked i could not put on here at the time but told people i trusted who would not plaster it everywhere 

Fair enough, I take it back then 

• Like 1

Just now, Fen Canary said:

No Worries i thought Nutty might remember when Farke story came out ,

i think it will be John Terry no info just think he might do well ( tin hat on )

8 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Sorry Nutty Knappers new man was just a wind up i honestly have no idea about him ,

I Knew about Farke as my ITK man was at the club at the time 

i have a feeling might be someone like John Terry might not be popular Choice but he has always said he is waiting for right club after being No2 ,

Yes but Farke didn't and wouldn't walk out of a contract so when he was identified is irrelevant. He couldn't have been appointed before the summer. He wouldn't have come in December.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Knapper brings in a dozen or so new (perhaps young) players then yeah I'd accept it as a 'Farkes first season' scenario, but what we have now is a load of under-perforining experienced players in some weird set up with 2 attackers who get zero service. 

I don't see where we are developing anyone or anything.

‘Wagnerball’

2 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

Reminded me of many games during Farkes first season to be honest. A mountain of possession but no guile that would allow us to be able to break down an opposition that had 11 men behind the ball

It's almost like we're just missing one player who can unpick resolute defences like that...

44 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What's pathetic is the idea that we're suddenly going to win more games if Wagner's sacked. We had all this with Smith last year. It's just a roll of the dice again. I couldn't care less if Wagner's sacked. But there needs to be a plan. Smith is gone, Webber is gone, we should let Knapper sort it out his way.

I think it ends next weekend at Portaloo. Then we will find out what Knapper’s all about. The club will have no choice but to act. Whether that results in Smith m2 remains to be seen.  

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's almost like we're just missing one player who can unpick resolute defences like that...

Those players don’t come around very often in the second division though. Buendia and Hoolahan are the only two that spring to mind who were technically a level above. Huckerby was effective but in a different way 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fen Canary said:

Those players don’t come around very often in the second division though. Buendia and Hoolahan are the only two that spring to mind who were technically a level above. Huckerby was effective but in a different way 

Funny to think we had Pukki and Rhodes at one stage. To be fair, I wouldn't write off Sargent to do it when he's fit again.

2 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

I’d add Maddison to that list. 

21 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

A fun way of doing this sort of thing is to put the name on a note, seal it in an envelope and then post it to yourself. Once he's announced, do a Youtube video showing the date on the stamp on the envelope, open it and remove the note, showing the name to the camera, keeping both envelope and the note in shot at all times with no edits. Then post it on here for a chuckle. 🙂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Funny to think we had Pukki and Rhodes at one stage. To be fair, I wouldn't write off Sargent to do it when he's fit again.

Only if Sara is pushed up 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes but Farke didn't and wouldn't walk out of a contract so when he was identified is irrelevant. He couldn't have been appointed before the summer. He wouldn't have come in December.

maybe we have somebody else like Farke lined up ? 

it would blow my John Terry prediction i do think he is out of work at moment so nothing stopping him 

i think he will be a younger manager who Knapper would of met on FA course or something like that someone highly thought of maybe not a household name 

7 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

A fun way of doing this sort of thing is to put the name on a note, seal it in an envelope and then post it to yourself. Once he's announced, do a Youtube video showing the date on the stamp on the envelope, open it and remove the note, showing the name to the camera, keeping both envelope and the note in shot at all times with no edits. Then post it on here for a chuckle. 🙂

with the state of Royal mail we would be on our second manager by time we got it 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

It's not so easy since Brexit is it?

maybe we should do what lambert done?

I enjoyed today, a poor match, but a clean sheet. I’m a realist, we dispensed with a great manager, sold good players so I attend knowing a new era is apon us. It’s not compulsory to go down to Carrow Road, if you have not got the bottle for it, just admit it and good riddance/ bring back the 14k loyalists. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mastoola said:

maybe we should do what lambert done?

I understand we do stats now. Stats wise Duffy was a great signing. If you put last seasons deficiencies into a stats machine you'd probably churn Duffy out. 

Perhaps baseball stats will work out better in January. :classic_ninja:

21 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I understand we do stats now. Stats wise Duffy was a great signing. If you put last seasons deficiencies into a stats machine you'd probably churn Duffy out. 

Perhaps baseball stats will work out better in January. :classic_ninja:

I’m still unconvinced with all this stats business. I can see how it would work in baseball but football has too many moving parts in my eyes 

Edited by Fen Canary

21 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

maybe we have somebody else like Farke lined up ? 

it would blow my John Terry prediction i do think he is out of work at moment so nothing stopping him 

i think he will be a younger manager who Knapper would of met on FA course or something like that someone highly thought of maybe not a household name 

The name is Carlos Cuesta and that rumour has become embedded for a few weeks now. As for JT - not a cat in hells chance of The Cook signing that one off! 

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

The name is Carlos Cuesta and that rumour has become embedded for a few weeks now. As for JT - not a cat in hells chance of The Cook signing that one off! 

Get him in ! i suppose he might wait to see if he can win PL with Arsenal first as assistant 

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Where does this rumour come from?